Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Study: Pontiac drivers mainly sticking with GM

:pontiac:Study: Pontiac drivers mainly sticking with GM :pontiac:

pontiacg8gxp01.jpg

Of the 57,641 Pontiac owners who bought a new car in 2010, 53.3 percent of them stuck with a product from General Motors, according to a survey by RL Polk & Co. The hard numbers: 33.5 percent of Pontiac customers chose a Chevrolet, 11.7 chose a GMC, 6.7 went with Buick and the last 1.5 percent bought a Cadillac.

Within the rest of the Big Three, Ford had the best outing, grabbing 10.5 percent of former Pontiac owners. Dodge caught 3.2 percent and Chrysler and Jeep together totaled 1.7 percent of the share.

Large numbers of Pontiac owners who didn't buy another GM product went overseas, with 31 percent opting for an import. Toyota claimed 7.7 percent of Pontiac owners, while Honda netted 7.5. Nissan and Hyundai weren't far behind.

What the numbers show is that buyers who bought a Pontiac largely stuck with a big-name high-volume automaker when it came time for a new car. Even though some of the brands former Pontiac owners moved to are quite different than Pontiac was, they're almost all affordable, mass produced and supported by huge dealer networks.

[source: RL Polk via Kicking Tires] via autoblog.com

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/11/study-p...icking-with-gm/

This is all great news for GM and im happy for them. This is a much better showing compared to when Olds was fased out. :woot:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

GM's offerings aren't too bad.

Chevy:

I like the Malibu and Cruze. I'll have more interest once Chevy gets it's Zeta platform model.

Buick:

The Regal interests me, but right now, I'm not too impressed compared to how it's Opel sibling is equipped. An AWD turbo V6 model would be stellar, but GM is being stubborn as always.

GMC:

I like the Terrain and Acadia, the Acadia looks great in Denali trim, but it's pricetag is too outrageous.

Cadillac:

The CTS is a wonderful model, and kickstarted Cadillac's reinvention back in '03. The second gen CTS is a great buy as a used model if I were to find one. I'd go after a sedan or sport wagon.

I'm trying to stay with GM, I really am. It's just so hard these days with all the offerings out there.

I love Pontiac and I'm still looking at Pontiacs but, other cars out there attract my attention too.

"May the best car win!" haha

Well, the CTS is (or was) basically the only luxury car that GM equipped with a manual transmission, so it has my vote. I just fear that if I buy one, I'll start hating my GA... so I'm not gonna buy one. :woot:

I expected that answer from the 1/2 breed. :)

j/k

Sorry. I love my vibe and all but Mitsubishi FTW. :dancingpontiac:

Although, I would have a tough time choosing between an Evo X MR and a G8. both are SECKS!

Evo X? That overweight pig? Screw that noise...

Lancer Evo VI GSR - Tommi Makinen Edition FTW!

2000-Mitsubishi-Lancer-GSR-EVOLUTION-VI-TOMMI-MAKINEN-EDITION_01.jpg

As of right now nothing on the market really interests me to go damn I want that. I was in the mall today and noticed that KIA had a display set up and there was this small SUVish thing set up and it did not look to bad.