Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

my Grand Prix GT

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moved to the car show and fixed your links. you somehow split up the link between the other links. anyways, looks great. more info on the hood. its awesome!

Interesting...the interior is a bit too loud for me.

I love the coordination in the engine bay, procharged L36's are pretty ballsy. How much power does it put to the front wheels?

Any other shots? Curious to see your wheel and tire combo.

Great looking car! :(

I think thats the GTX hood?

' date='Mar 6 2011, 03:11 PM' post='49901']

...the interior is a bit too loud for me...

maybe keep it black with some red as accents with a tiny tiny bit of white as a divider between black and red..?

merged with one of your previous threads. and somehow youre breaking up a link and it gets posted within all of them. and dont worry, im fixing them.

thanx for the replys,the hood is a sd ram air hood,first run was a 14.1 at 103,i still have more to do yet,rims and tires,put my gauges in,custom floor mats,dropping the pully for more boost then a tune after that :lol2:

sorry no vidz from the track,it was 2 yrs ago,just a one time deal,mainly cruise nites and car shows,dont want to wreck my baby,have won a lot of trophys at car shows with it,325 horses,more to come this year :woot:

325HP? I'd hate to sound skeptical, but do you have dyno sheets to back that up? Those numbers are high for a supercharged L36, considering they lose a decent amount of WHP through the drivetrain.

*edit*

I'm surprised you're still on the stock 16"s for all the work that's gone into the car. A nice drop and 18"s would really set off the exterior.

' date='Mar 7 2011, 07:09 AM' post='49968']

325HP? I'd hate to sound skeptical, but do you have dyno sheets to back that up? Those numbers are high for a supercharged L36, considering they lose a decent amount of WHP through the drivetrain.

*edit*

I'm surprised you're still on the stock 16"s for all the work that's gone into the car. A nice drop and 18"s would really set off the exterior.

i have a ton of paperwork on this thing,let me dig up the info for ya,i thought about diffrent size rims but not sure at this time,i might stay stock size

' date='Mar 7 2011, 06:09 AM' post='49968']

*edit*

im kinda with chris here. that must have been some generous dyno because most things with 325 whp are going to pull way better than a 14.1

hell my g6 got close to that and it was no where NEAR 325 hp

i have a ton of paperwork on this thing,let me dig up the info for ya,i thought about diffrent size rims but not sure at this time,i might stay stock size

Something is just not adding up here... I mean, 325HP... 14.1 on the 1/4? Either whoever tuned it for you is a blithering idiot, the dyno numbers were way off, or you're having a serious traction issue on the strip.

I've seen GTP's with just intake, exhaust and a tune, not even drop a pulley size, and run mid to low 14's, while only putting 225-240WHP.

Something is seriously amiss here...

Yeah not calling you a liar or anything but I have to agree. the van weighs 4300 lbs and I only have 200-210 whp and I had it timed with the Torque app and I ran a 17.1 1/4 mile. 0-60 in 8.9 seconds, like the guys are saying, somethin just ain't adding up

i talked to a good friend last nite,asked him where i can get a dyno done,i told him where i had it done the first time and his comment was you would have been better off having a girl scout do it, he is going to check my tune and go from there.... didnt mean to make a big issue here

i talked to a good friend last nite,asked him where i can get a dyno done,i told him where i had it done the first time and his comment was you would have been better off having a girl scout do it, he is going to check my tune and go from there.... didnt mean to make a big issue here

It's not an issue, it just caught my attention.

I know a few GAGT owners who are boosted, they're in the +300HP range, and they lay down low 13 1/4 times...without slicks. The fact that you said it's putting 325HP to it's front wheels, and factoring the drivetrain loss from the 4T65E, you'd be making 375-385HP at the crank. That's A LOT for these motors, especially when they lay down between 170HP at the wheels bone stock.

To boot, that blower has to be around +10 psi to make that much power on the motor, plus, you'd need a decent amount of internal work done. Forged pistons (for boost and drop the CR) forged rods, higher flowing heads, stronger valvetrain, bigger injectors, bigger throttle body and intake manifolds, that's just for starters.

not to make you feel bad or anything but the guys are right.

My 4th Gen Eclipse GT 6spd was stock at 263bhp and only ran a 14.7 in the 1/4. WHP is a different story, I calculated the whp at about 223 approximately and that was at a 15% loss to the drivetrain. typically that is about the percentage you lose from crank to wheels for a FWD car.

hope that helps.

i understand where your coming from,i was looking at the paperwork that came with the blower kit,there are 5 diffrent stages,stage one is 5-6 psi boost

stage 2 like mine,10psi boost and so on,stage 5 there claiming 550 at the wheels,is it true,i have no clue,but anyway,once the toon is done im bringing it elsewhere for the dyno and will keep ya updated

anyway,once the toon is done im bringing it elsewhere for the dyno and will keep ya updated

:rofl: awesome. and get videos.