Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1964 GTO restoration

This is my 1964 GTO that I'm restoring now. I've gotten the interior stripped out, and it's about to go get sandblasted to straighten out the body and go in for paint.

IMG_20101108_170633.jpg

IMG_20101108_170704.jpg

IMG_20101112_145629.jpg

100_0462.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0461.jpg

100_0465.jpg

100_0464.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the compliments guys! :( And I'm very glad to be apart of FP! :(

I'll be updating my progress with pics during the upcoming months. I plan to hopefully have it done by June for a car show.

And to answer some of the questions, the car will be black w/ black interior, and I will be re-creating the pin stripping on it.

Thanks for all the compliments guys! :( And I'm very glad to be apart of FP! :(

I'll be updating my progress with pics during the upcoming months. I plan to hopefully have it done by June for a car show.

And to answer some of the questions, the car will be black w/ black interior, and I will be re-creating the pin stripping on it.

AWESOME! :D

Can't wait to see the progress!

Nice and solid. It is a great starting point! Are you going to keep the craigers on or going to something different?

What direction are you going? Straight resto or something resto-mod?

sweet ride keep us up to date on the resto and take lots of pics. Will be a great car when done.

Nice and solid. It is a great starting point! Are you going to keep the craigers on or going to something different?

What direction are you going? Straight resto or something resto-mod?

I'm stuck between new Crager wheels or some American Racing Torq Thrust wheels.

I'm going for a straight resto. I just want a nice car to take to car shows and a nice cruiser. A nice weekend driver (even tho when it's done, I'm probably gonna be driving it everyday i can :().

I'm stuck between new Crager wheels or some American Racing Torq Thrust wheels.

I'm going for a straight resto. I just want a nice car to take to car shows and a nice cruiser. A nice weekend driver (even tho when it's done, I'm probably gonna be driving it everyday i can :dancingpontiac:).

My dad gave me some advice on restoring a classic like yours if you build it as a "show car" you could end up never really enjoying the car. A lot of times these guys that build show cars put them on a trailer drive to the show unload them sit for awhile load them back up and go home. Every speck of dust or small detail drives them crazy. They don't enjoy the pure pleasure of a drive in the car (i have found myself sitting in my 73 critiquing the sill plate screws for some reason). So i think your idea of having a cruiser and possibly daily driver is great. Going to car shows to share your hard work with others is also a good way to encourage younger generations and other restorers into projects of their own and hopefully save some of these classics.

Beautiful car man! love that gen of goat. i just finished painting my 64 bonneville last night and im now on the 30-40 hours of wet sanding and buffing lol. she will be a beauty when shes done and im likin the pinstriping very unique! cant wait to see more pics!

My dad gave me some advice on restoring a classic like yours if you build it as a "show car" you could end up never really enjoying the car. A lot of times these guys that build show cars put them on a trailer drive to the show unload them sit for awhile load them back up and go home. Every speck of dust or small detail drives them crazy. They don't enjoy the pure pleasure of a drive in the car (i have found myself sitting in my 73 critiquing the sill plate screws for some reason). So i think your idea of having a cruiser and possibly daily driver is great. Going to car shows to share your hard work with others is also a good way to encourage younger generations and other restorers into projects of their own and hopefully save some of these classics.

I just want a car that I can cruise in and be nice enough to take to shows. I would never put it in a trailer and go from show to show without driving it. Cars like these deserves to be driven.

Like there's this guy that lives about 2 blocks away, and has a really nice late 60's Plymouth, and I've never seen it at any of the car shows here. All he does is pull it out of his garage, washes it, then puts it back. That's just a waste to me.

I just want a car that I can cruise in and be nice enough to take to shows. I would never put it in a trailer and go from show to show without driving it. Cars like these deserves to be driven.

Like there's this guy that lives about 2 blocks away, and has a really nice late 60's Plymouth, and I've never seen it at any of the car shows here. All he does is pull it out of his garage, washes it, then puts it back. That's just a waste to me.

Yeah its awful when a classic car is not driven its like not eating a fresh baked batch of cookies, well kinda, lol. There is a house just down the street from me and the guy has a nice 69 roadrunner he doesn't drive it much but it has been around town some and in car shows so thats something at least.

• 1 year later...

It's been quite some time since an update, (as well as me being on the forums), but I have good news! My GTO is finally getting work done on it, and I should get it back 100% restored in about a month! I am madly excited. Its been years in the making for the day it gets restored, and that day is almost upon here!

Here are a few pics of some of the work:

Conrad-20121008-00298_zps04fc56f5.jpg

Conrad-20121008-00297_zpsab700820.jpg

2013-01-059512_05_12__zps3658c670.jpg

2013-01-059512_05_00__zps5851efd6.jpg

2013-01-059512_06_14__zps660dca48.jpg

2013-01-059512_06_31__zps9d5f077d.jpg

2013-01-059512_07_06__zpsfcf9457d.jpg

2013-01-059512_06_44__zpsc34647c2.jpg

I will add more pics in the coming weeks!

• 1 month later...