Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New Grand Prix from Indiana

Hey everyone names eric, some of you know me as blueg6demon at g6performance.com, but since i no longer have a g6(totalled) I have now come into the possesion of a 97 Grand Prix GT. Here's a couple shots of it!

fa80f5ec.jpg

ba9264d8.jpg

e24d18e1.jpg

54a8ecba.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Welcome to FP!

The GP looks to be in great shape for a 97. Just watch out, the 4T60E trans in that year tended to be troublesome (slippage issues) and it has the ultra lightweight basketweave wheels! Just give it a good debadging. Not a fan of the projector halo headlights. Intake and exhaust are very rewarding first mods with the L36 under the hood. Add a fairly aggressive cam, headers and tune...you'll fall in love.

Its my 2nd grand prix, i had a 99 SE with the halo cause the stock housing had fogged so bad you couldnt see through them. lol so i just transfered them over. its got some chips in the hood from rocks but other than that its in amazing shape and the interior is crazy good for cloth! I'm already in love with this thing.

PA290013.jpg

that was my 6 mark.

and a couple of the older and younger brother so to speak

8440bb01.jpg

4f44c57c.jpg

I've done some work on mine... check out Full Throttle V6 http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php for some more help with the 3800 platform. I think its the most common one on that board. between that and the 3x00 platform, its pretty close. there is a looot more info on that board... mostly cuz there's more members with 3800s.

welcome, and sorry about the G6.

PS what part of IN are you from? I'm from Indy... jsut curious.

the infamous upper intake manifold gasket issue decided it was time to show up, good news though, gonna get the zzp HV3 insert which comes with the gasket anywho.

who's the 3800 guru around these parts? I has some questions!

Thats probably me.

the infamous upper intake manifold gasket issue decided it was time to show up, good news though, gonna get the zzp HV3 insert which comes with the gasket anywho.

Before you go and do that, you should upgrade your manifold. You have the L36 motor. That intake manifold and throttle body is about a 65mm inlet. The L26 (newer 3800) intake manifold is 75mm. Of course you cant use their throttle body so you would have to purchase the Northstar throttle body kit from ZZP.

Yes, its worth it. The more air the better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Founders

found the source of my coolant leak.... yay. just gotta replace the radiator.

Knowing is half the battle :indian:

Good you found it at least :D

Well, talked to my guy, and were going to prep my old SE to swap radiators with the GT. Say a prayer to the poncho gods thanking it for its sacrifice.