Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

3500 SUPERCHARGER!!!

Thanks you guys! Yeah, the G8 and moving are for sure. the truck is a hope because snow sucks. Mark, it's too bad we kept evaluating what we wanted when we were thinking of new cars, first to mind was the GTO and you'd have a buyer, but we started thinking sedan because we'll probably have a family to drag around within the next 5 years, so a vette powered sedan it is haha. Once again, thanks guys.

Haha thanks for the thought though! :picard:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gto has car seat hooks. FORD convenience. get the goat and love it. plus with a G8 (GT anyways) you wont have to dick with the DOD (err whatever) that makes it all fuel efficient and weak sauce

That wouldn't really effect it if I were really giving it the hammer, would it? I figured that would only make a difference when running on cruise on the highway. Plus, the lady really likes the G8 so crimson, you'd have to talk her back into a GTO, I really like the sedan too, obviously I'm a fan of larger vehicles if you've read my post of past cars and see I drive a minivan :D

That wouldn't really effect it if I were really giving it the hammer, would it? I figured that would only make a difference when running on cruise on the highway. Plus, the lady really likes the G8 so crimson, you'd have to talk her back into a GTO, I really like the sedan too, obviously I'm a fan of larger vehicles if you've read my post of past cars and see I drive a minivan :rofl:

it will still make you lack hp. tons of people fight to be rid of it but apparently it costs a piss load of money to fully eliminate the system

it will still make you lack hp. tons of people fight to be rid of it but apparently it costs a piss load of money to fully eliminate the system

As far I know it just takes a tune to get rid of it... I'll see ifi can get more info. I'm on 2 G8 forums.

• Founders

I'd probably hold onto it anyhow, with gas prices climbing mountains and things, I drive 300+ miles a week, could save the cash lol

:D

1 of 3 reasons why I'm not getting rid of the 6 when I get my Camaro or G8. I drive way too much right now and don't want to put that mileage on either of the cars I get, don't want to spend that much in gas for those cars and money wise trading in the 6er isn't worth its while because of the value I still get out of the car :willy_nilly:

Yeah... test drove a G8 GT today... won't be getting one of those. Going to be looking for something AWD. At the same time as being the best experience of my life, it was the worst haha. I can't wait until the snow melts because I wanna do that again only hoping for traction.

wait your how old? 19? sorry to say but theres no way on hell you have enough credit history to finance a 25k+ car. been there done that

• Founders

wait your how old? 19? sorry to say but theres no way on hell you have enough credit history to finance a 25k+ car. been there done that

It's possible, depends how long he's had a job and if his parents will co-sign (depending on their credit). I'm not saying your interest rate won't be sky high but it is possible.

Yeah... test drove a G8 GT today... won't be getting one of those. Going to be looking for something AWD. At the same time as being the best experience of my life, it was the worst haha. I can't wait until the snow melts because I wanna do that again only hoping for traction.

why?

Glad to see that this post was going some where for a while... Wish someone would have bought it. I would have liked to see that on a g6, hell i'd settle to see it on that mini van cody :o

Oh about your purchases... If you have a full time job and you can pay for what you can buy then shake the haters Off.

I am 27 i own a townhouse (first house now income property) my house (1900sq/ft) my g6, 2000 dodge ram and 2007 bayliner 175 (clean and clear). If you are smart and dont go to the bar everyother night with your friends and handle your business, then you will do just fine.

In the MN winters, it's very understandable to want some thing AWD, my main reason for looking for something like that too.

Although, RWD cars can be really fun with the right tires, and experience in the snow with a RWD car.

• Founders

Don't blame him if he wants a DD and stays away from RWD plus I wouldn't want to drive a G8 in the snow just because of the salt and all that could ruin it (let alone other idiot drivers in the snow) so you may be talking getting a beater at that point. If the G8 is something you want, its totally doable if the van stays in good shape you could use that in winter :o

haha I'd love the G8, but Des would be the one driging it 80% of the time and she's not too experienced behind the wheel of a car, and I'm just afraid it'd get crashed, even possibly by me. I am 19, yes. I've been working in customer service for 7 years (yes, since I was 12, in fact between ages of 13 and 15 managed a 10 cabin family resort) and now work PT at Cub Foods 39 hours p/wk making 20-22k. Getting my next raise soon putting me around 25k and Des also makes about 25k right now. We WOULD have a co-signer and thank you Ryan for the support as the FT job I'm waiting to hear back from will put me at about 35k/yr. I will have a co signer and have had credit a credit card for almost two years now. I have great credit 700+ score and actually just got pre-approved for a $10,000 credit limit (NO THANK YOU) but I can do it. I have faith, credit, and hard work as a history. Have been at my current job for over 3 years and am picking up a second job.

Once again, Ryan thank you for the support and to all others, I can work hard to do what I want, and can achieve anything. We live in America, the land of dreams and "roads paved of gold" haha. I got this, don't you worry about it.