Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

my winter beater.... 1998 Sunfire GT)

my winter beater.... 1998 Sunfire GT)

IMG_5606.jpg

IMG_5605.jpg

IMG_5604.jpg

IMG_5603.jpg

i bought this from a friend... who got a 07 cobalt SC.

i had to buy up this hot rod.. had to save another pontiac from death!

its not with out its problems. but hey its another car to beat around in! and the motor works really well!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

its a 2.4 . pretty well all i know about it so far...

now im having issues keeping it running ..lol starts to die and lose power then i give it some gas and the wheels spin and the car shoots like an arrow. then at the lights stoped waiting it sputters again... baaa

its a 2.4 . pretty well all i know about it so far...

now im having issues keeping it running ..lol starts to die and lose power then i give it some gas and the wheels spin and the car shoots like an arrow. then at the lights stoped waiting it sputters again... baaa

Ah! The LD9 motor. Much more potent. Idle issue? Is the SES light on? Sounds like either a sensor, or vacuum leak. Usually the TPS or IACV sensor gives a bad idle when those go bad.

yes the SES light is on ..

there was a Vac leak i fixed. does not seem to be any more

the car runs rich as hell. has new coil pack as ... well they always like to go bad.

seems to run fine when its cold outside or the car is cold. one its warms up outside or the car warms up after runnin 20 mins. it goes nuts.

new injectors , new fuel pump , new evap (sp?) thingy ..lol thats where the vac leak was as well.

i dont know what TPS or IACV sensors are .. or where they are located.. sorry when it comes to the workings of the motor i know little to none