Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1981 grand prix

I'm in the process of putting a 267 engine back together and I've been unable to find drawings etc. pertaining to the spacers for the air conditioning, power steering etc. I'ts been awhile since I took it apart and can't remember how it all reassembles

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

thats a funny way of starting an intro thread. ;) anyways :lol2: im sure someone will have some helpful info for you.

welcometothetribe-1.gif I use to have an 1981 Monty with the same motor kinda. I had the 231 V6 but the 231v6 and the 267 v8 are the same motor design only diff is ons a v6 and ones a v8. Basicly all the 231/3.8 was was the v8 block with 2 less heads. Thats one strong V6/V8 such a butett proof motor. The lifters love to tick on them and the carb would get stuck from time to time. I replaced my t200 tranny with a t350 tranny and she loved it. I cant help with the rebuild cuz mine had factory aftermarket ac so mine was set up a bit diff. I also put a monty ss pozzy rear end on her and rear sway bar and springs. There is just so many parts out there for that car.

welcometothetribe-1.gif I use to have an 1981 Monty with the same motor kinda. I had the 231 V6 but the 231v6 and the 267 v8 are the same motor design only diff is ons a v6 and ones a v8. Basicly all the 231/3.8 was was the v8 block with 2 less heads. Thats one strong V6/V8 such a butett proof motor. The lifters love to tick on them and the carb would get stuck from time to time. I replaced my t200 tranny with a t350 tranny and she loved it. I cant help with the rebuild cuz mine had factory aftermarket ac so mine was set up a bit diff. I also put a monty ss pozzy rear end on her and rear sway bar and springs. There is just so many parts out there for that car.

Or, just wait for Joe to post. :lol2:

I know that old 3.8L motor like chaos knows the modern version. I could work on that v6 blindfolded. :lol2:

PS

on a safty note you should inspect your rear drum backing plates they love to rust out. then all your drum brake springs fall off, boom no brakes. :lol2: been there done that. lol It is easier to just put a new rear end with good backing plates. Otherwise you have to open up your rear end and take everything apart. if you do that make sure you tap on the main screw in your rear end that holds it together. If you dont tap on it you can break the screw and bam you just blew your rear end. its a PITA to do and so much easier to find a new rear end with good backing plates trust me.

Good luck on the build I may see if a couple guys I know have a diagram of the 267 motor brackets for it.

I would suggest trying to find a Chiltons, Haynes, or even an original GM shop manual for your car. Lots of pictures and exploded diagrams. Some manuals have even been digitized and are available as a CD-ROM. It is a very worthwhile investment. It pays for itself, especially at times like these. You can usually find Haynes or Chilton books at your local auto parts stores.

By the way, :P