Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Part's for a 73 lemans

Ok guys i'm putting the word out i have searched the internet a lot a have found very few interior parts for my 73 lemans. I have the standard gauges, front and rear bench seats, collum shift with a/c factory. I need: a new set of "a" pillar plastic, dash bezel (guy that had it before me cut it for a cd player arg!), all the rear quarter plastic. Any help you folks could provide would be greatly appriciated i'll try and get pictures and part #s up when i can. Again i have searched for parts cars and many sites as well as parts catalogs with little luck. These cars are hard to find parts for but it will be a great pontiac when it is done and well worth it. thanks everyone for any info or help. :)

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

OK, certain interior pieces are hard to come by, just like your car's unique sheet metal, and you have to find bone yards that carry this sort of thing. I would suggest contacting these bone yards, since they might have what you need. Also, I would look for good pieces regardless of the color and then vinyl dye them to your interior color. If they have your color, it still could be weather faded and you might still have to dye them. In many cases 73-77 or 78 cars should be nearly interchangeable. You might have some luck with similar year Grand Prix interior parts too. GM put the GP interior in the Can Ams in '77.

So try these places:

East West Auto, Inc - Tulsa OK - http://www.eastwestautoparts.com/

Frank's Pontiac Parts - Twentynine Palms, CA - http://www.frankspontiacparts.com/

GM Sports Salvage - San Jose CA - http://www.gmsportssalvage.com/

Indiana Pontiacs - Muncie, IN - http://www.indianapontiacs.com/

Desert Valley Auto Parts - Phoenix AZ - http://www.dvap.com/

** Note: this is the same DVAP that is now being featured in the new Discovery show called "Desert Car Kings" **

Memory Lane Cars - Wilmington CA - http://www.oldautoparts.com/

I would also recommend that you attend national swap meets that might be close to you like:

POCI Convention - Bowling Green, KY

GTOAA Convention - Portland OR

Spring Carlisle, GM Nationals, Fall Carlise - Carlisle, PA

I would also recommend that you attend national swap meets that might be close to you like:

POCI Convention - Bowling Green, KY

GTOAA Convention - Portland OR

Spring Carlisle, GM Nationals, Fall Carlise - Carlisle, PA

Hey bud thanks a lot i visited the sites and found a lot of stuff i could use. I emailed a few with requests for prices and maybe some pics hope to here something in a few days. I'm most interested in an original radio for my dash, i plan to put a modern more powerful stereo in the glove box. But anyway the links were very helpful many thanks i'll let you know what i end up getting along with some pictures of them in the car. Thanks again. :lol2::lol2::dancingpontiac:

Glad I can help. Needless to say I have done a lot of scouring the internet for valueable parts sources.

If you find any GM/Delco radios, mostly of them will be AM radios since that was standard in the day. AM/FM radios, AM/FM/8-track and AM/FM/Cassette became more common in years following '73. So you might end up having to buy a Buick, Olds, or Cadillac radio to find the upscale radio that you seek. It should fit with little or no problem. The only thing to be concerned with is the speaker hook ups, which you may have to wire yourself if your car only has a front speaker and you know want or now have rear aftermarket speakers. You should be able to purchase the necessary wiring connectors and clips from a reputable wiring company.

There are lots of companies that refurbish old OEM radios on the Internet. Some require a core radio, other don't. However, these radios are not cheap either. So be prepared to spend some coin. I sent my '72 AM/FM radio to a company in PA that switched the internals from analog to digital and put an interface in it for a CD disc changer or XM Radio. The exterior of the radio is stock and bolts into the factory slot and brackers but it has all new internals. It kicks out way more power than the stock unit originally did too. It also cost $700 (including the 10-disc CD changer).

Also, if your dash pad is totally trashed, you can have it re-done by a company called Just Dashes. You can send them your core dash and they will strip and re-pad the dash like new. Again, this is not the cheapest way to go, but if it is beyond all repair, this is a good way to go. I was fortunate on my '72 and I was able to use a dash pad repair kit from Eastwood and black vinyl dye to repair a couple of holes in my dash.

http://www.justdashes.com/

Thanks for the info as of right now the radio will mostly be for looks the real power will be in the glove box with a modern stereo. Maybe in the future the radio may be functional but for now it isn't a priority. As far as the dash is concerned i also lucked out as their are only two small cuts in the dash that should be fairly simple to take care of.

• Founders

Definitely glad you're leaving the stock radio in, I hate people who put modern decks in classic cars (at least in plain site lol), much better to leave the look of the stock radio then to disrupt it with the modern deck IMO :D

Definitely glad you're leaving the stock radio in, I hate people who put modern decks in classic cars (at least in plain site lol), much better to leave the look of the stock radio then to disrupt it with the modern deck IMO :willy_nilly:

I am with you on this. I think it would be far more creative if you took old 8-track tape deck (or made one that looked original) that hung below the dash and mounted your new radio/CD player there. I suspect someone re-pops the casings but since I am not in the market for one, I have not looked.

Also, I can also remember mounting an AM/FM converter that plugged in between your antenna and the stock AM radio that allowed you to receive FM stations. That was something back in the day for not a lot of money. These were mounted under the dash too. I guess I am starting to date myself.

Also, if you go with Custom Autosound radios, you still have to "trim" the dash bezel since most Pontiacs radios had dash cover that also went between the radio push buttons and the radio dial itself. With Custom Autosound radios, you have to cut this small piece out. To me, this is still hacking the dash.

I was just reading this month's Hemmings Muscle Car and I ran across an ad for a company I had not heard of before. USA Parts Supply is the name. They claim to have parts for 61-75 Pontiac Lemans, GTO, and Tempest. I downloaded their catalog and scanned it rather briefly. Looks like they do have some interior pieces for 73-75 for it but I didn't see any seat covers. Sheet metal or just patch panels are still not re-popped for 73. Interestingly though there are parts for a 74 GTO but that is because the 74 Goat was based on the X-platform (Ventura and Nova), so there are lots of parts for that platform in 74.

Here is the company's link: http://www.usapartssupply.com/index.php

I was just reading this month's Hemmings Muscle Car and I ran across an ad for a company I had not heard of before. USA Parts Supply is the name. They claim to have parts for 61-75 Pontiac Lemans, GTO, and Tempest. I downloaded their catalog and scanned it rather briefly. Looks like they do have some interior pieces for 73-75 for it but I didn't see any seat covers. Sheet metal or just patch panels are still not re-popped for 73. Interestingly though there are parts for a 74 GTO but that is because the 74 Goat was based on the X-platform (Ventura and Nova), so there are lots of parts for that platform in 74.

Here is the company's link: http://www.usapartssupply.com/index.php

yeah i checked the link out and after a few minutes i figured it was the same as the other catalogs i already have, but it will be nice for price compairison.

Hey Frosty i heard back from the guy at Eastwest auto and he gave me the prices on the interior parts i had requested what do you think?

"the am radio with knobs is 85.00.the standard 3 spoke steering wheel is 85.00. the a pillar trim is 55.00 each side. the trim around the teardrop quarter windows is 100.00 each side.we also have the plastic trim around the rear window and down the sides above the door glass and front windshield if you need it. "

The prices don't sound to bad to me, i actually could buy it all in one shot , i just would like your input before i decide, thanks bud.

The only recommendation I suggest is get some sort of guarente or assurance from them that the AM radio still works otherwise you are paying for an radio shell and you would still have to pay someone to fix it (I know you said you were going to use another radio for a modern sound, but I would still want a working radio for that much money). If he can provide you some close-up pictures of the parts he intends to sell you, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I think the prices are fine since they are hard to find items anyway. No one is re-popping this stuff. Any reproduction steering wheel will cost at least $150 or more (like from Grant).

As it is, I have three steering wheels for the '72. I have the stock factory 3-spoke wheel (black with wood tim accents), my old Formula/Trans Am steering wheel (which is currently on the car), and a Grant wooden steering wheel with a Pontiac center cap.

So write the check. Get some sort of assurance on the radio if you can though.

The only recommendation I suggest is get some sort of guarente or assurance from them that the AM radio still works otherwise you are paying for an radio shell and you would still have to pay someone to fix it (I know you said you were going to use another radio for a modern sound, but I would still want a working radio for that much money). If he can provide you some close-up pictures of the parts he intends to sell you, it doesn't hurt to ask.

I think the prices are fine since they are hard to find items anyway. No one is re-popping this stuff. Any reproduction steering wheel will cost at least $150 or more (like from Grant).

As it is, I have three steering wheels for the '72. I have the stock factory 3-spoke wheel (black with wood tim accents), my old Formula/Trans Am steering wheel (which is currently on the car), and a Grant wooden steering wheel with a Pontiac center cap.

So write the check. Get some sort of assurance on the radio if you can though.

I emailed them back to ask about the radio you brought up a good point with that. Oh and if you wanna sell that black factory wheel let me know how much thats the color i'm doin my interior in.

• 4 weeks later...

New OPG catalog came in the mail today lots of new stuff in there. Some examples are new sun visors, sun visor mounting brackets, replacement rocker panels, and a few other things i'm not all the way through it yet but my wallet has already hurtin and i'm drooling.

• Founders

New OPG catalog came in the mail today lots of new stuff in there. Some examples are new sun visors, sun visor mounting brackets, replacement rocker panels, and a few other things i'm not all the way through it yet but my wallet has already hurtin and i'm drooling.

:rofl: Very nice!

• 5 months later...

Congrates on getting a 73 Lemans, I also own a 73 Lemans, but a Safari wagon. I don't mean to push anouther forum on this one, but if you are looking for 73-77 GM Midsized parts, a good source for used parts is

http://www.abodysite.com/

It is dedicated to 73-77 GM A-bodies, but it mostly deals with the Pontiac's Lemans, GTO, Grand Am, and Can Ams of those years.