Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Unsure of what color to paint my car HELP

My car is a week or two away from paint and im down to the wire on what color to paint it it is going to be two tone about 2 inches from the bottom of the top most body line. the bottom color will be silver with charcoal metalflake. the top color is what im unsure of. im thinking either blue with silver metalflake or black with gold metalflake

im going to be doing sprayout panels of all my color options but until then here is what my car looked like before just so you can get a rough idea of the car... opinions?

l_1a47bb70e31565b239e5019a2d90584b.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

like i said on fb. BOM is the BEST color for pontiacs. hands down.

gto14.jpg

I love that color but I don't know about on a classic Bonnie. I was gonna say the IBM color but once again I'm not sure on a classic Pontiac.

I've just been a huge fan of black on classic cars or a light blue but that's just me :dancingpontiac:

if your gouing the resto route and not the modded look I say go with the marino blue body and the white roof.

• Founders

if your gouing the resto route and not the modded look I say go with the marino blue body and the white roof.

Definitely the blue I like :P

Black or that blue and you can't go wrong :lol2:

that blue is the original color of my car but my car will be highly modified when done.

im thinking black with black metal flake, maybe with some blue pearl? on the bottom and BMW alpine white on the bottom

• Founders

the black will be VERY close to this but with larger flake. mine wont be metallic it will be actual metal flake mixed into the clear

Do you have an example of the metal flake?

I have always been partial to the Black Cherry that is on the 96 Impala SS. But if you are stuck on black or blue I say blue but go very dark. No metal flake.

Do you have an example of the metal flake?

im ordering the flake this weekend and i will be doing a sprayout panel. also i took some snapshots out of our metallic chip booke of the blues and the green i like i will put them up in a bit

Shitty picture but heres black metal flake. the flake im ordering is .004 millimeters in diameter so it will be a little smaller flake but you get the idea. god theres so many variances in flake lol

black-metal-flake.jpg

Depending on how dark or light the silver/charcoal metal flake is, you might consider a color scheme GMC used on the early 2-door Yukon GTs. It was a sharp blue and a quicksilver with a small lower red accent stripe and red GT letters. They also had a red and quicksilver version.

I also am partial to a bright red (some people like to call it "resale" red) with silver.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images...50001_large.jpg

here are the color chips i took pics of

165657_185304994834014_100000635442586_518179_7964160_n.jpg

166649_185304964834017_100000635442586_518178_1578175_n.jpg

167926_185305024834011_100000635442586_518180_1618278_n.jpg

169049_185304928167354_100000635442586_518176_6577920_n.jpg

Depending on how dark or light the silver/charcoal metal flake is, you might consider a color scheme GMC used on the early 2-door Yukon GTs. It was a sharp blue and a quicksilver with a small lower red accent stripe and red GT letters. They also had a red and quicksilver version.

I also am partial to a bright red (some people like to call it "resale" red) with silver.

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images...50001_large.jpg

i do like that color but i dont think it would look very good on my car lol

I'm having the same problem i have a classic pontiac, i kind of have it narrowed down to hugger orange or blue color, but i also like a two tone job, or mabye solid color with a gt stripe kit aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! see what i mean choosing colors on a car sucks lol i can't choose good thing i'm a long way from paint i have time to make up my mind if i ever do haha.