Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The last two years, I've done a poll and let the members of GAGT.com vote for what color my winter steelies are. Last winter:

newwheels008.jpg

newwheels003.jpg

This winter:

10522_969913937670_13908500_56655934_7301142_n.jpg

wintergreen.jpg

:lol2:

It looks ridiculous, but I think its funny. It gets lots of looks, thats for sure. I have big plans for next years color, unless I decide to leave it to the mercy of a poll again!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A design. It depends on what color it shows up during the day, but most likely it will be white, so I'll need another color to go with it.

Sweet. Very intrigued with the outcome.

I gotta go put my winter wheels on. :lol2: Even though they are OEM, luckily they are 18's and made by Enkei. :badGT:

:lol2: my stock 16" Chrometechs are made by Enkei as well.

:lol2: Well I still have a long ways to go. Its still this winter.

I did find paint that looks black during the day and glows in the dark at night... I thought about hitting my 077s in that, but the paint is ridiculously expensive. I'd be spending $200 on paint alone, I think.

rofl those are ridiculous. How did you clean them? The paint job came out really nice. My steelies are filthy though so for me to paint them would take a long time. They also need new tires badly. :lol2:

Any tips on how you did that would be stellar

rofl those are ridiculous. How did you clean them? The paint job came out really nice. My steelies are filthy though so for me to paint them would take a long time. They also need new tires badly. :D

Any tips on how you did that would be stellar

Honestly, all I did for prep was wash/dry, and take some light sandpaper to them. I didn't even clearcoat them. Its pathetic how little work I put into it, yet they still look good. :agreed:

that sounds like an awesome idea. have you thought of a design idea yet?

I haven't really, I'm open to anything, obviously

Honestly, all I did for prep was wash/dry, and take some light sandpaper to them. I didn't even clearcoat them. Its pathetic how little work I put into it, yet they still look good. :agreed:

Right on! Did you use a standard car wash soap? Remember the grit at all? This summer I'm planning to do a couple of things to keep busy, including finding the NC show circuit to invade. hehe

I was thinking red spiral but I might go some crazy insane color choice like Dr. Fab 'cause he's an inspiration. o_o-b

Those steelies badly need new tires too. >< I'm thinking Goodyear GT's for the rain and the snow(?) that'll come next winter in NC

for snow I should go with a smaller profile, but I think it will rain here more than snow which would make me lean towards a bigger profile like my 17's. Either way, those tires will be a huge improvement over the crap I have now so whichever works I guess