Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

A couple problems with my Comp G

I bought this car in April 2010. Love the car. No problems. But, a couple months ago the check engine light came on. The code was "P0243 - turbo/sup wastegate solenoid A malfunction"

I had it cleared and it didn't show up again until a month later. When I got it scanned again, there was a #4 Cylinder Misfire code on there. Now the codes come back immediately after being removed. I haven't had time to mess with this at all. It's our only car. Putting in the shop would be hard. But, hopefully these are issues I can handle one weekend. Any tips would be appreciated.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

That's odd to have a misfire appear in the troublecodes...

IIRC, they come with Iridium plugs, and plug failure usually doesn't occur until after 100K.

Damn, I'd look for vacuum leaks then, I know you have the intake now, you might have left something disconnected.

Not sure what plugs it has now. I'm thinking of maybe just doing plugs and wires all together. Think it would be ok to drop a heat range even thought I haven't started with major mods yet? I'm sure in the Florida heat it wouldn't hurt. lol. Car ran like crap when I went to the track 6 months ago.

Also, I didn't find any leaks. The bypass valve(wastegate) looked to be stuck slightly away from the bump stop on the SC housing. Maybe that's normal? Can anyone with a L32 confirm if it's supposed to be all the way against the stop at idle? Also, when I go WOT, I can see on the gauge and hear that it gets full boost for a split second and then immediately goes to half on the gauge. So I guess it's just not holding it. I hope I can figure this out. Car is really sluggish. Not really bad, but I notice it. I was at a dead stop and punched it. Tires didn't light up nowhere near as much as it did even before the intake. Very noticeable that way lol

Sluggish...a catalytic converter is possible too, since it seems to happen to EVERY FWD V6 GM car, including my own. :lol2:

But since you're not heavily modded, I'd stick with the stock heat range plugs, just to see if the plugs even make a difference. As for the bypass valve, I'd ask AaronGTR, he's a pro with roots style superchargers, and FI in general.

' date='Jan 24 2011, 08:14 AM' post='47051']

Sluggish...a catalytic converter is possible too, since it seems to happen to EVERY FWD V6 GM car, including my own. :lol2:

But since you're not heavily modded, I'd stick with the stock heat range plugs, just to see if the plugs even make a difference. As for the bypass valve, I'd ask AaronGTR, he's a pro with roots style superchargers, and FI in general.

Maybe so. I plan on doing headers and deleting the CAT anyway.