Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

crappy PS but you get the idea all the colors you love and this would look great! IMO

post-2-1296572790_thumb.jpg

I don't know i think you did a pretty good job and yeah i do like the colors i might play with some other combinations but i do like it.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks :lol2: but for me that is a crappy PS. lol Im the guy that made all the sigs, site logo and all the banners up top ect till my pc died. ;) Im on my laptop that cant run PS now. :(

The thing I like about it is the slope and shape of the two tone.

Thanks :lol2: but for me that is a crappy PS. lol Im the guy that made all the sigs, site logo and all the banners up top ect till my pc died. ;) Im on my laptop that cant run PS now. :(

The thing I like about it is the slope and shape of the two tone.

what program did you use i have Adobe photoshop but i've not played with it enough to learn the ins and outs.

• Founders

what program did you use i have Adobe photoshop but i've not played with it enough to learn the ins and outs.

He used Photoshop ;)

Photoshop is pretty easy to know once you work in it almost everyday like I do :D

ok here are some more pictures i rounded up.

IMG00011-1.jpg?t=1297241916

IMG00131.jpg?t=1297241987

IMG00009.jpg?t=1297242059

you have to remember though this was when i was going to clone it into a GTO so the original grill badge is different it say pontiac 350.

you have to remember though this was when i was going to clone it into a GTO so the original grill badge is different it say pontiac 350.

...and as we all know, GTOs could only be had with either a 400 or 455. If the car was a manual transmission, then you could only have a 400 with it. All '73 GTO 455 cars had automatics. So no GTO was built with a 350 until the '74 Ventura-based GTO.

...and as we all know, GTOs could only be had with either a 400 or 455. If the car was a manual transmission, then you could only have a 400 with it. All '73 GTO 455 cars had automatics. So no GTO was built with a 350 until the '74 Ventura-based GTO.

which is exactly why i decided to keep it a Lemans.

• 2 weeks later...

Now that i think about it i wonder why i used "73gtodad" as a user name when i decided against cloning it into a GTO before joining the FP site? I don't know just like goats i guess. :D

Also Frosty do you have any pics of your lemans (or other old pontiacs) on the site i haven't found any if you do?

I don't have any digital photos of my '73 since that was back in 1978. My dad might have one or two in a family album somewhere. Here are a few pics of the '72. It has a 462 in it (455 bored .030 over), 400TH, and a 12-bolt rear end.

Outside Pontiac Illinois on Route 66 - an restored Standard Oil Gas Station

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/fr...PontiacILL2.jpg

Here are the 3 steering wheels I have for it. The Formula/TA wheel I had on the '73 back in the day. It is on the car currently.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/fr...eringWheels.jpg

If you look real hard in the background, you can just make out the car, but you have to look very hard!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/fr.../LemansGirl.jpg

The interior seats are by Legendary Auto Interiors with the correct Mandrel pattern. I had a local upholstery shop take them apart and add the blue piping. The piping matches the car color.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee33/fr...ns/P1010022.jpg

Thanks guys. It is almost to where I want it. I still have a lot of work to do on it. I have a lower air dam (Judge style) for it, as well as a rear spoiler. I am just reluctant to drill holes in the trunk lid. If I found another trunk lid, I might to do. I want to sandblast the wheels and re-paint them. I want to replace all the hard fuel, brake, and tranny cooler lines with stainless steel ones. I just have not purchased them because they are not high on the priorty list.

I have new carpet for it. I will install that this spring once it warms up a bit here. I eventually want to get door panels to match the seats. I need to have someone go completely through the A/C system since it doesn't work. I might even switch it over to R-134.

I'd like rear disc brakes and chrome wheels. I want to re-use my Cragars but they need help first and that is like the last thing I will do to it. I want to completely replace the wiring harness just because it is close to 40 years old.

Actually, I have several past "in progress" photos out on Photobucket. I have not done too much stuff that shows in the last few years. I put new shocks on it last summer along with a new 1.25" front sway bar that I got off eBay for $50 - which was off a '79 TA, it's a direct bolt in.

• 3 weeks later...

A lot of the guys at work are seriously telling me i should put my car in an demolition derby. Yeah i know with the weight of the car and its solid build it would do well but i hate the idea of destroying a perfectly good car for just the amusement of others. What do you guys think.

• Founders

Only car I would enter in a demolition derby would be a Toyota but I would probably lose in the first few minutes with that :indian:

Overall I wouldn't enter the Lemans in, even if its built great for it. You can get far better and longer use out of it by restoring it and enjoying it :woot:

That's what i have tried to explain to them. But i guess they don't see the value in restoration of a car like this.

Of course they don't. Stay away from them ! :D

Also welcome and nice car. :lol: (even though you joined before me) hehe

A lot of the guys at work are seriously telling me i should put my car in an demolition derby. Yeah i know with the weight of the car and its solid build it would do well but i hate the idea of destroying a perfectly good car for just the amusement of others. What do you guys think.

They are idoits, ask them if you can use their Chevelles for that. After all, there are far more of Chevys than there are Lemans. I also love the idea of using any rice rocket in a demolition derby or as crusher fodder.

They are idoits, ask them if you can use their Chevelles for that. After all, there are far more of Chevys than there are Lemans. I also love the idea of using any rice rocket in a demolition derby or as crusher fodder.

Some customer at the local mechanic shop here that has a riced out mishibishi lancer said that my Phoenix would be perfect for a demolition derby, one of the mechanics overheard him and called him an idiot.

Coincidentally his rice rocket failed inspection :cheers: