Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

$125 trip to the junk yard today...

So Des backed into my grandpa's truck.. well, kinda... with the side of her car. Snapped her mirror off. Well, I kinda began to get into a bit of a panic because I know dual post mirrors wouldn't be the easiest thing to find in a scrap yard. So, we go to a company called "U-Pull-R-Parts" and start walking around. Find a 2000 Grand Prix GT, suffered an engine fire. Walked in for the mirror.... walked out with:

Passenger Side Dual Post Mirror

Digital Driver's Information Center

GT dual exhaust

GT rear bumper with lower "PONTIAC" valance

Bose 6 speaker system

Ceiling Center Console with functioning lights and 12v Power Supply

FULL LEATHER INTERIOR (MINT CONDITION)

Well, I spent $125 on all of this stuff. I'd have to say I made an AMAZING purchase. Here are my images for the day:

My Donor Car:

IMAG0763.jpg

Rear Seats, D.I.C., Ceiling Center Console and Speakers:

IMAG0765.jpg

Full Seat Set Up, Misc. Accessories on the seats, Dual Exhaust:

IMAG0764.jpg

All the above listed, plus the rear bumper:

IMAG0766.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I planned on grabbing them, but wasn't planning on grabbing rims and they take the tire irons out of all the cars before they put them on the yard. 31 bucks a rim for them, but the tires are no good and there were only two rims. Thinking about going on Monday and getting them, I regret not doing It already.

wow. lots of stuff. why does that always happen to us? we go in for one thing or jus to look and we come out with the whole store. ;)

^^ lol

Nice grab though! I need to do that for my Ranger...

yeah, if this doesn't prove I love my pontiacs, I don't know what will. We were in the yard for 4+ hours in a -5 wind chill, with clothes meant for about 20 degrees. I was excited the whole time, never once complained about how numb my toes or face got haha!

yeah, if this doesn't prove I love my pontiacs, I don't know what will. We were in the yard for 4+ hours in a -5 wind chill, with clothes meant for about 20 degrees. I was excited the whole time, never once complained about how numb my toes or face got haha!

:lol2: Classic Minnesotans, I would have probably done the same thing

wow!!! great dealio u got urself there. i dont really need anything right now but the pick n pull's round here suck so idk wat id do. but nice finds for a great price!

Lookin good!!! :agreed:

Man why cant junk yards here in Cali be as cheap??? For 125 here, all you would have nabbed is the mirror... NO JOKE!!!

Well normal junk yards are like that around here but this one, you go into the yard, YOU freeze your nuts off, and you have to pay $2 to get in whether you buy something or not haha. So you basically save all your money on the laboring part of it :D

OH GAWD they're everywhere around here. Some 15 minutes away, this one was about 25 minutes away.going again Friday if I can afford to, but my job outlook just took a turn for the worst, hours are cut so I'll only make 135 a week, so gotta play catch up for now haha. Driver info center installed, pictures soon as I'm home!!

IMAG0836.jpg

Looks good, can't wait until Spring when I can completely clean up the inside, it's gonna look so good! Once we paint it fully in June/July this thing will be like a show car!

Yeah, 125 for everything. going back for the front bumper soon, hopefully can find a nice grand Prix with the leather door panels, because the panels in this one were broken haha.

I've got a list of crap to get for everybody haha:

G6 headlights

Rear Window for Honda Prelude

Hood for Silhouette

Mirror for Silhouette

.... others? haha

I've got a list of crap to get for everybody haha:

G6 headlights

Rear Window for Honda Prelude

Hood for Silhouette

Mirror for Silhouette

.... others? haha

uhHEM...\/ \/ \/ ;)

any G6s? Cobalt SSs? Saab 9-3s?

bigger brakes from 9-3, even bigger brakes from the SS. any 9-3s that were modified and possible coilovers. turbos (NOT that im getting one. cuz im not. :P). and GXP/body kits on the G6s. jus do a quick look for me please. and i see that RINGO did not say please. :P