Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

[ChaosweaveR]'s mega pic whore thread

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark, DO NOT GO WITH 2.5" You will kill your torque, and will lose power, TRUST ME!!! Stay with the stock exhaust size, 2.25", it is the best for the G6 :rofl:

' date='Mar 4 2010, 04:07 PM' post='14502']

I want to hear a vid. When I ran straight glasspack, it was raspy in the upper revs.

It sounds much better in person, if you want proof, just ask 1BADG6GT (The wife made this video, so sorry about not having the proper sound :D and the camera picks up the air on let off, but doesn't sound that bad in person)

' date='Mar 6 2010, 08:15 AM' post='14890']

I tell anyone with GM 60*V6's, unless they have have boost, 2.25" is ideal for an N/A setup. Boost? Bump it up to 2.50" or 2.75".

:rofl: and I posted a couple of videos a couple posts above, so what do you think?

I listened, the muffler vibrates in an odd fashion, when you let off the throttle, the back pressure rushes back and the muffler baffles it funny. You need a chambered muffler.

Having only an intake, the motor won't be making enough power to push out a larger diameter of exhaust. But introduce headers, head work, ported UIM & LIM, cam and a tune, THEN, you'll benefit from a 2.50" diameter exhaust.

' date='Mar 7 2010, 04:49 PM' post='15229']

Just intake and a tune, yeah, 2.25" is your best bet.

Sounds good :rofl: Thanks!

BTW Sorry for TOTALLY thread jacking this...

This is my favorite picture.....

P2090075.jpg

I tell you what, you all that are allowed to have your front windows are sofa king lucky!

Haha, thanks all.

@Ghost: I've been pondering a matte paint job for quite some time. But that won't happen unless it's retired from DD status.

@Bam: technically, it isn't legal, but I've never been bugged, so knock on wood.