Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

vroom vroom vroom!

so me and my mom have been talking about putting remote start on my car. i really have absolutley no idea on what brand what kind and so on. i need help!!! I dont really have a price range but i mean like i dont want like some 1000 remote start on my car haha thats a little much. what prompted me to think about it is the fact that my mom has it on hers and i love it all you have to do is press a button. but hers came stock on her g6 so HEEELLLPP!!!

p.s. i dont know where this go so move as you please :slap:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>buy midget from black market

>make second key and buy him a prepaid phone

>keep him inside center console at all times

>call him whenever car needs to be started

Problem, electronic companies?

troll-face_design.png

' date='Jan 6 2011, 10:42 AM' post='45700']

troll-face_design.png

oh god the thread didn't save her............

but srsly im not sure. i think other people have installed viper on their g6's but im not familiar. my buddy does them as his job so if i ever wanted one i guess id just have him do it for me

' date='Jan 6 2011, 11:42 AM' post='45700']

troll-face_design.png

thanks for confusing the hell out of me haha

i had to read that like 5 times before i got it...

you all arent helppinngg...at ALL

:slap:

IMO a remote starter is a remote starter just get something that you can afford. Dont spend stupid money like my customers do. :P lol

:slap:

IMO a remote starter is a remote starter just get something that you can afford. Dont spend stupid money like my customers do. :P lol

Like the stupid Viper alarms that have 98579840750357346067586309286509276 different functions?

I usaly charge $700 with instalation but you can get somthing put in a little cheaper. Just dont go cheapO either.

I usaly charge $700 with instalation but you can get somthing put in a little cheaper. Just dont go cheapO either.

If I ever finally get one, I'm keeping the GM key fob. Aftermarket ones are teh gheyz.

• Founders

Remote start really isn't my thing but I'd say don't spend too much on it like Jedi said.

Make sure it has safety features though like your doors have to be locked before it will start and also the turn off from remote.

• Founders

Looks like a good deal.

TempCheck using GhostLights?

This is pretty cool, if you have a capable smart phone and don't mind the yearly subscription lol

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Viper+-+Remote...d=1218117577658

I have the Autostart in both my car and the wife's car. They work great and installed was $400.00 each and this was with the extra bypass for the manual transmission.

I've got a Bulldog sitting on a shelf here gathering dust. Can't put it on my car ... gotta push the gas to start it. Can't put it on the missus's car .... it's got those idiot chipped keys. Can't put it on the manual pickup either .... I park in gear.

• 2 weeks later...

E

I've got a Bulldog sitting on a shelf here gathering dust. Can't put it on my car ... gotta push the gas to start it. Can't put it on the missus's car .... it's got those idiot chipped keys. Can't put it on the manual pickup either .... I park in gear.

;):P

• Founders

yeah but i dont like that because if i was to loose my phone then someone could easily steal my car..

Use the password lock like I do on my phone :slap: If they enter the wrong password 5 times, it will lock out for 10 min, if they try after that it will remove everything off my phone. You can set it up that it doesn't delete info too.

Viper Smart Start FTW, it's the way to go.

I've got a setup picked out, 2-way (meaning, you hit unlock, and your remote either shows a light near that button or has a picture on it showing your car's current function) Viper Smart Start, and the APP on my Droid Incredible is free... yes F.R.E.E... and can also set my droid up with my computer where if anyone steals my phone, I can get all my information, apps, contacts, passwords... virtually everything, transferred to my computer and it will lock out my phone pretty much for good. Can also set it up where I go online, push a button, and even if my phones on vibrate it will scream "I'M OVER HERE..." haha, I'm not sayin... I'm just sayin.

I'd say Viper Smart Start is the way to go... I was prejudice against Viper until they came out with that thing...

still I am just not comfortable paying a huge amount of money that i am just going to have to put more work into just to protect things..its a lot easier in my eyes to just get a key fob one. just my opinion