Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Lowered Car/Warranty Question

Greetings all,

I have some shuddering/vibration coming from the front right wheel of my G6 when I accelrate. My car is still under GMPP warranty and I am taking it in to the dealership on Monday to have them take a look at it. Since I have the Eibach lowering springs, CRABS intake/FPU and Strut bar, does any of that void my warranty in any way that anyone might be aware of? I read the paperwork of the GMPP that I have, and there is no mention that mods to my car void my warranty, but if any of you may have some more insight, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' date='Jan 5 2011, 02:25 PM' post='45599']

None of those items would cause that sort of vibration...

However, these would:

Wheel out of balance

Bad hub assembly

Bad axle

Bad strut

He wasn't asking if it causes the vibration, rather if it voids his warranty if he were to take it in.

The answer: Any of those mods would only be issues, if they can prove that any of those mods CAUSED the damage. The lowering springs may be a bit iffy, but I don't see them causing a problem.

Sorry about the issue, hopefully it gets fixed.

• Founders

It's honestly at the dealer's digression. I can't give you a straight forward answer because like Mark said its if they can prove the mods caused the issue with the vehicle. Other dealers may be more strict with mods then others.

Sorry I couldn't give you a straight forward answer

Mark/Ringo/Chaos- Thanks for the replies guys. Having never had a new car in my life till now, I have no idea what you can and cant do to a car and still have the warranty for it be valid. I have my appointment on Monday morning at the dealership, so I will see what they find out and have to say.

Thanks again!

I had my tie rods replaced under warranty (mine is not lowered) but if it was thay MIGHT be able to give a hassel over it. MAYBE.

After two days at the dealer, one extra trip to the dealer for me to drive the car with a tech in the car to show them the vibration, the verdict is that due to the lowered springs in my car, the driveline alignment is slightly off from stock so the vibration I am feeling is due to that. They said they checked the entire assembly, the bearings are tight, the tie rods all look good, no uneven wear on my tires, etc.

:cheers:

• Founders

Sorry to hear they resulted to that. Eibachs are supposed to be the best too, haven't heard any issues before with this too.

Did they say that it would cause any long term damage to run it?

After I lowered my car, I got new tires and an alignment done. That was about 6 months ago. Would the car go out of alignment that quickly?

Hit any big potholes?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will take it down and have them check the alignment and roatate the tires at the same time in two weeks. Ill follow up here and let you guys know what happens.

And yes, I have hit a pothole or two, not on purpose of course, since lowering the car and having the alignment done.

Keep an eye on the tire wear though. When lowering the geometry of the suspension, negitave camber increases. If you do a lot of miles on the car, I'd invest in a camber bolt kit to save the tires. 90% of FWD cars, due to the suspension design, the camber is affected when lowered.