Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So, the original color of this cars interior was red. It is currently this ugly tan (With the seats being from and Olds Alero or Intrigue (one of the two) and they don't match the interior color.

My father and I are thinking of either returning the car to Red or having it Black.

The current finish of the car is black. The original color was silver with two red racing stripes.

The guy also did a poor job of dying the dashboard (you can see scuffs of red still, most notable where the windshield meets the frame) It also still had the red adhesive on the window frame (We replaced the windshield anyway, so that is no longer an issue)

What do you guys think?

I need some advice for a good looking interior remodeling. (I can also provide pictures of the whole car Before/After if needed)

These are pics of the original interior:

25632690062_large.jpg

25632690060_large.jpg

25632690061_large.jpg

25632690059_large.jpg

25632690058_large.jpg

Here are pictures of the interior now:

25632690064_large.jpg

25632690094_large.jpg

25632690095_large.jpg

25632690069_large.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

This is tough. I'm biased towards red interiors, but the tan looks really good.

Really? I think it looks terrible. I don't know there is just something about it that I don't particularly like.

Part of me says go with red because it's original-- however, I think the black would be slick so I think my vote is black. The red is just so, well, red!

i also think the tan seems good.

Black with red accents.

This.

If you are going to completely change it, why not do it custom?

i say no to completely red. all black or as mentioned black with red accents/piping/stiching.

IMO returning old cars back to stock is always the best way to go.

IMO returning old cars back to stock is always the best way to go.

I agree, but if you note in his first post, the stock color of the car's exterior has already been changed. Therefore I'm not too worried about keeping this particular car stock unless they decide the paint the exterior back. I'm a purist but as long as he's enjoying his car, that's what matters.

As I previously stated I think black would look good, though this talk of black with red accents also sounds good! We should get a photoshop going to see what these red accents would be like!

I vote either all black or black with red accents. I know a guy with a 72 Monte Carlo (quite a bit like this body style) and it's got all black leather interior, all black exterior with red flames on the hood. It looks sick, I vote black/red accents all the way, only because of seen cars of the style with that color scheme and it looks AWESOME!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So my father and I found some black leather seats from a '76 Ventura. My rear seat is cracked so we are also going to reupholster it black.

I did some thinking and I really think it would look neat as black with (Blue) highlights.

I would also change the red pinstripe to a blue of the same color.

IMO, Red and Black is just too common, but that doesn't mean its bad, I just think a good Blue on Black would look nice

Below are some photo-shopped images to give it a blue pinstripe. I personally think it would look really cool.

What do you guys think?

BEFORE

phoenixback.jpg

AFTER

phoenixbackblue.jpg

BEFORE

sider.jpg

AFTER

sideblue.jpg

I'd go back to original, but then I like anything original. (not on my Grand Am though, I don't care about that at all lol)

• Founders

I think the red pin stripe follows the car better, the tail lights stick out a lot and are red (so is the Pontiac Racing decal on the window) just follows nicer.

I'm not one to knock black and blue though, good combo.

My Black and Gold Trans Am has a matching beige/tan interior, so I would say I am biased towards the current interior or red. Black interiors are nice but the car can get a lot hotter in the summer with a black leather or vinyl interior. It looks killer but it is a tad warmer on the backside when you first get in the car until the AC gets going or you get the windows rolled down. I also realize that some window tinting would also help, but you have to be aware of how much tinting is legal in your state.

Now if you are going to stay with the black interior, red piping on the seats and door panels and a matching red exterior pinstriping would look good, it would break up all the black (inside and out) nicely. Blue is a good choice, but you have nothing else within the car to tie it too. Plus the shade of blue against the black is key to making it stand out. As it was stated before, the red window decal, tail lights and pinstripe all help pull the red look together.

• Founders

My Black and Gold Trans Am has a matching beige/tan interior, so I would say I am biased towards the current interior or red. Black interiors are nice but the car can get a lot hotter in the summer with a black leather or vinyl interior. It looks killer but it is a tad warmer on the backside when you first get in the car until the AC gets going or you get the windows rolled down. I also realize that some window tinting would also help, but you have to be aware of how much tinting is legal in your state.

Now if you are going to stay with the black interior, red piping on the seats and door panels and a matching red exterior pinstriping would look good, it would break up all the black (inside and out) nicely. Blue is a good choice, but you have nothing else within the car to tie it too. Plus the shade of blue against the black is key to making it stand out. As it was stated before, the red window decal, tail lights and pinstripe all help pull the red look together.

;)

You'll definitely notice a black interior (or dark interior) vs. a lighter colored interior. My '95 Monte is black leather and especially in Florida it is a pain. One of the reasons why I have a tan interior in the 6 now.

:)

You'll definitely notice a black interior (or dark interior) vs. a lighter colored interior. My '95 Monte is black leather and especially in Florida it is a pain. One of the reasons why I have a tan interior in the 6 now.

Well yeah. I see his point now about blending it together.

I live in Massachusetts so I have cold winters and warm summers. I've been in a black leather interior car in the summer, its not THAT bad. It was my mothers black Infiniti G35x.

Black interior are the best! Tan gets dirty too easy. :yoda:

Nothing shows dirt like a white interior. Beleive me, I know. I'd rather deal with a tan interior. At least some of the dirt appears to blend in.

On the other hand, nothing shows road dirt. dust, and grim like a black car. Beleive me, I know. I've had 2 black/gold Trans Ams and a black S15 Jimmy.