Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

The Official Useless Post Thread

danmccormick87

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

' timestamp='1350956698' post='75988']

It's funny...I'm on FB a lot, but people don't notice.

Ah, the joys on using FB as a page versus your actual profile.

I notice haha

I've completely steered away from managing the Juggalo Opposition, and general trolling. Tired of the reports and post bans. The two pages I'm involved with now have been a blast.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows vs. Ford Motor Co.

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.

At a computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,

"If Ford had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, Ford issued a press release stating:

If Ford had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash.........twice a day.

2.. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3... Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4.... Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5..... Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6...... The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

I love the next one!

7....... The airbag system would ask, "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8........ Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9......... Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10.......... You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

PS - I'd like to add that when all else fails, you could call "customer service" in some foreign country and be instructed in some foreign language how to fix your car yourself!

• Founders

Windows vs. Ford Motor Co.

For all of us who feel only the deepest love and affection for the way computers have enhanced our lives, read on.

At a computer expo (COMDEX), Bill Gates reportedly compared the computer industry with the auto industry and stated,

"If Ford had kept up with technology like the computer industry has, we would all be driving $25 cars that got 1,000 miles to the gallon."

In response to Bill's comments, Ford issued a press release stating:

If Ford had developed technology like Microsoft, we would all be driving cars with the following characteristics (and I just love this part):

1. For no reason whatsoever, your car would crash.........twice a day.

2.. Every time they repainted the lines in the road, you would have to buy a new car.

3... Occasionally your car would die on the freeway for no reason. You would have to pull to the side of the road, close all of the windows, shut off the car, restart it, and reopen the windows before you could continue. For some reason you would simply accept this.

4.... Occasionally, executing a maneuver such as a left turn would cause your car to shut down and refuse to restart, in which case you would have to reinstall the engine.

5..... Macintosh would make a car that was powered by the sun, was reliable, five times as fast and twice as easy to drive - but would run on only five percent of the roads.

6...... The oil, water temperature, and alternator warning lights would all be replaced by a single "This Car Has Performed An Illegal Operation" warning light.

I love the next one!

7....... The airbag system would ask, "Are you sure?" before deploying.

8........ Occasionally, for no reason whatsoever, your car would lock you out and refuse to let you in until you simultaneously lifted the door handle, turned the key and grabbed hold of the radio antenna.

9......... Every time a new car was introduced car buyers would have to learn how to drive all over again because none of the controls would operate in the same manner as the old car.

10.......... You'd have to press the "Start" button to turn the engine off.

PS - I'd like to add that when all else fails, you could call "customer service" in some foreign country and be instructed in some foreign language how to fix your car yourself!

Not gonna lie you have to be some kind of a retard to have any that happen to you on a PC, except for number 7 that's just down right hilarious :lol:

I run more complex programs than the daily everyday user runs on WIndows and I've never crashed a PC or BSOD'd it in my 18 years of working with computers.

I know, I know this was just Ford poking fun at MS but don't laugh too hard Ford MS can do it even worse back.

I'm on board with Jim, I've built 3 of my own computers and If you have that many problems you should just not use a computer. Most of the problems people have with computers are user-error.

And also as a retort to number 5

156596_295430767236433_1612694513_n.jpg

Well it has been a interesting couple of days in the world of me trying to buy a new car. I wouldn't have thought trying to buy a new car like this would be this hard but it has turned out to be kinda a nightmare. The sales guy that took my order, was alright before I made the order but afterwards he took forever to respond to anything one only took like 2 or 3 days, than about 9 business days. Than he didn't respond to me at all for 2wks and I couldn't reach him on the phone. I only emailed him 3 times after I placed the order with him mind you in 13 weeks. I used some simple logic to figure out my salesman managers email address and I emailed him. The next morning the business manager called me up to explain the situation and what not, than I got a email from the guy that I sent the email to. It would be at a min. another 6wks and could easily take alot longer. so I canceled the order with them. They had been trying to find me a car that matched exactly my order from other dealers also apparently. So I told them what I would take besides my order. A dealer is getting in a STi hatch like mine but w/o nav and the dealer said that if it doesn't get sold before it gets their they would do a dealer trade for it. This is all within the last 2 days also. So yeah if they don't come up with the STi, Than I am going to get a evo that is on the lot at a different dealer. The evo is only a grand more than I would have paid for the STi, so its not that bad at all. I am just really ready to get a new car already.

Yeah but subaru does things differently I suppose so 13 wks out and it wasn't built and so It might be another 13 wks before I get the car, so I canceled the order with them. Hopefully I can get the hatch that the other dealership ordered if not than I don't really want a STi sedan, there are absoutly no hatches around at all there all the sedans. I will buy the 12 APEX Silver Evo GSR thats at the dealership not way to far from here.

No I ordered exactly when orders opened up and the guy that I emailed is the one that placed the order and he said he did it the next day. Subaru apparently does not build to order any cars and they just never felt like making my car or something idk. But yeah after 3 years of trying to get a good deal on a used one I go ahead and order a brand new since I have the money for it and still can't get exactly what I want lol. So yeah sorry for the rant but yeah its just a little frustrating that I am willing to spend 36k on a car and wait 13 wks and its still no wheres close to being a reality lol.

• Founders

Yeah, that sucks! So its Subaru that is the oddity? Thats stupid. Paying that much money I would require exactly what you wanted. I got lucky with the Camaro, I found exactly what I wanted on a lot :)

• 2 weeks later...

ya. i was jus curious cuz i could have sworn i saw his car yesterday, burgundy (forgot the name of the color), 18s, dropped, modded exhaust, ait front. but when i looked inside i didnt see a fluffy guy driving it.