Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

So... i want to put HIDs in the wifes 2002 Cavilier. I know it is a 9007 Dual Filiment bulb.

My question is this...

We have DRLs and she does too. So is there a bypass that i would have to do in order for her HIDs to function properly.

Valid? i know you have a J-Body!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Well the HIDs in my factory G6 housings work great!

Also i found out about the DRL... it is a wire that needs to be grounded from the BCM (no fuse).

Anyways... Any J-Bodies have input?

My buddy has an 00 Cavalier with 5000K HIDs in the stock housings, the set from DDM tuning. I'll ask him how he grounded his DRLs, it's the same body as your 02.

But HIDs make such a big difference. If they're not projectors, USE 35W BULBS.

Purchased the 9007 (hi/lo) 35watt from DDM

I created a user on j-body.org and posted this

Ok i am a noob here but i have modified many cars. The 02cav is my wifes and i want to put the HIDs in her car and i have been reading and searching here for the tips and tricks and problems that others have had.

Now i know i need to disable the DRLs. I got that from this linky...

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=7&...13&t=326113

Now my second question is do i HAVE to purchase the relay? I have installed HIDs on my 07 G6 and i did not need it, i put them in my brothers Ion3 (9007 hi/lo just like the cav) and my sisters RAM. There were differing instructions about this relay but i never used one and never had issue.

As for the insall i bought the 9007 Hi/Lo DDM Tuning slim balasts. I also read here that the red wire is for the HI and the black is for the Ground and the blue is for the Low.

Once i install them are there any other issues i should look out for or have i covered all my bases?

Thank You

Tupp

Did i cover my bases? Or do i sound like a Noob-a-saurs

Well 5-7 business days and We will have an install thread.

Oh and i ordered a secod set for my grandma's cobalt.

Oh the problems with knowing about cars... Lol

Ha, sorry I didn't see this sooner! I'm actually working on a headlight project for my Sunfire right now. However with said project I will basically be building new headlights from scratch with HIDs and projectors. My friend with a Cavfire has aftermarket headlights (the Cavalier end is the front) with both HIDs and projectors. He's the one helping me out with my project.

Here's a link to what I'm going with: http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Apexcone-Raptor-HID-Kit

What did the JBO guys tell you?