Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Hey, just registered

Hey guys(and gals) I just found out about this website and decided to check it out because I consider myself a Pontiac enthusiast.

My name is Mike and I drive a 1978 Pontiac Phoenix LJ with a 305 V8.

What do you guys think?

My father and I saw this car wasting away in some guys garage and we new we had to rescue it :D

166603_1644562468572_1072187700_1762770_3341227_n.jpg

162928_1626725502659_1072187700_1717693_5275661_n.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

welcome ;) any plans...bigger motor

Well. Currently We (my father and I) am working at getting the interior fixed up. The current seats are from a Olds Alero and they need to be taken out and replaced with some seats for a two door car. (so they can slide forward and they are also too tall, your if your over 6 feet tall your head will touch the ceiling lol). It also needs some new weather stripping on the driver door (But just going to get it for both doors). Currently the gear indicator (its an automatic) it not working, but i can tell what gear im in by how many times it clicks haha. Another minor thing is that the analog clock that is in the console is not hooked up.

We had new brake lines put in, (Old ones were no good, no pressure in the lines), some new brighter bulbs in the headlights. We also rebuilt the carburetor because it was stuttering and stalling. The engine is just a plain 305 Chevy V8, nothing special, but it runs great with the carb rebuild.

All this baby needs is a little cosmetic work, but mechanically its is running very strong and there is no significant corrosion on it (Being a New England car ie. road salts for winter)

Also note that the car only had 90,000 Miles on it when we bought it.

Easy fix for the headlights:

I forget the bulb #, but they do make a retrofit housing to where it's a 9003 bulb, meaning, just the bulb and not the housing can be replaced. Once you do that, you can upgrade to HIDs, and your vision problems at night will be a thing of the past.

' date='Dec 29 2010, 10:49 PM' post='44941']

Easy fix for the headlights:

I forget the bulb #, but they do make a retrofit housing to where it's a 9003 bulb, meaning, just the bulb and not the housing can be replaced. Once you do that, you can upgrade to HIDs, and your vision problems at night will be a thing of the past.

All we just did put new bulbs in the housing was still in good condition. I don't have any issues with vision at night. We actually need to adjust the beam angle up because for some reason the previous owner lowered them. The highbeams (I love my floor clicker (: ) work perfect at night.

idk, personally I like Halogens in older cars, just get some Silverstars.

HIDs don't need to be in every car ever made, especially ones that aren't made for them, all you'll get is light scatter all over the place and piss off oncoming traffic.

idk, personally I like Halogens in older cars, just get some Silverstars.

HIDs don't need to be in every car ever made, especially ones that aren't made for them, all you'll get is light scatter all over the place and piss off oncoming traffic.

I actually agree. My van has EXTREMELY bright lights. My standard lights shine about 1/4 mile and my brights easily go over 1/2 mile. As crazy as it sounds it's true. People driving opposite of me flash their lights at me all the time, thinking my brights are on. I love having lights like that, easily blind people when they're doing 55 in the fast lane. haha

btw, nice car and welcome :P