Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

My beater i30

95naSTA

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So.. I went to the track for the first time ever tonight. The first time down I think I did a 2.7 60' and a 14.7. LOL.

Track prep was:

Removed throw carpets, spare, jack

Aired down the fronts to 25 psi

I ended up getting this little bugger to run 14.1 with a 2.3 60'.

Not too bad for a first time out.

It was wayyyy hard to get traction and the car wheel hops like crazy.

Got a little taco bell acton in Jerz on the way back.

IMG_2072.JPG

IMG_2073.JPG

• 1 year later...

I guess I'll dust this off..

I've been DDing and toying with this car quite a bit since the last post.

The exterior is beat but it's pretty fun to drive.

The short list of things done since the last post is:
08 Altima VQ35 (has HR heads) with 3.0 timing.. had to drill/set the static cam timing, 09 Max upper intake and TB (bigger than the Alti's), homemade 3" SS exhaust y-back, E-manage Ultimate, and 18" Style 5's redrilled and BMW logos replaced with BBS centers.

It managed a 13.6 @ 104 with a weak 2.27 60'. This, with a rough tune and the variable intake not hooked up.

IMG_2806.JPG
IMG_2886.JPG

IMG_3250_f.jpg
IMG_3253_f.JPG
IMG_3247_f.jpg

IMG_0768.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG

IMG_3013.JPG
%255BUNSET%255D.jpg

The more I see it the more I love it. The VQs sound SOOOO sexy.

Also, rocking the Cefiro center piece on the trunk, awesome. Swap the Infiniti badges for Nissan ones and people will really be confused. :lol:

It's definitely quicker than the Bonnie will be.. It probably flows 25%-30% more air.

I didn't mention.. The reason for the newer 3.5 VQ was because I hit a huge pot hole with cut trolley track in the middle that ripped my lower oil pan clean off an broke the oil pick up tube off the oil pump casting.. The engine had to come out to replace the oil pump and it was a gamble that debris didn't get to the bearings.. So, I said F-it and bought the newer VQ35HR-headed Altima engine.. 2 people had completed the swap before but never shared any info on it. So, I had to figure out all the differences from a typical 3.5 swap and make it work.. The hardest part was comparing cam timing/specs of similar VQs, choosing what static intake cam timing I wanted, and drilling new dowel holes to set it. I would have to assume others that did this swap didn't do this and just left the cam timing as is because it looks close. I found it to be off 14 cam or 28 crank degrees..

I only have an idle exhaust clip of the old 3.5 and the 3" exhaust.. It's pretty quiet. I have the largest 3" res that fits under the car.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JAAr0ZSEFg

Sometimes I think about putting the Nissan hamburger emblem on the back but then it would still be on the grill and throughout the interior.

Thanks guys!

I would imagine the Cefiro's grille is similar shaped the the i30's, right?

As for the airbag cover...I'd see if a Maxima cover would fit.

Just my thoughts.

Added: the car sounds wonderful. <3

Yeah, most definitely the grills swap over as do the steering wheel air bag covers. But for the interior, it's the airbag seats, floor mats, and door sills too.

The rear tail center garnish was a impulse buy sparked from seeing them in Japan. If the car was in better shape I would source Cefiro Brougham parts and go that route. But, with all the front end mis alignments, I would have to drill out probably over 100 spot welds, get it on a frame machine, re-do the lower rad support plus do a new upper. This keeps me from doing much to the exterior or cleaning up the bay.

I'm cool with it being a low 13s capable beater that gets 30 mpg on the highway and doesn't look terrible. The Cefiro headlights and tail give just enough WTF factor for me.

Brougham:

8576-1307-2012-06-28713045.jpg

cef8.jpg