Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

tamilrmx's 2001 Grand Am Progression

See that is some beautiful work i would love to do to mine but money is tight. Ive got everything planned and the prices for everything figured out (for the most part) just waiting for the mulah!!!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

spring is just around the cornerr :P

Or is it ? :rofl::(

Can't wait to see what you have in store for it this year. :D

Or is it ? :(:D

Can't wait to see what you have in store for it this year. :P

:rofl:

HURRY UP SPRING!!

' date='Mar 8 2011, 10:38 PM' post='50135']

Wow, the GA's shaping up good. What's the GT conversion status? The side cladding acquired yet? Rear bumper?

got them all in my backyard shed, i needa fix some minor problems on my car and then im gonna send it off for a complete paintjob :D gonna stick with the oem colour

my abs,trac off,svs lights keep tripping on each time i drive the car, and then stupid driver side signal is ticking/flashing too fast wen applied, and i've changed all the signal bulbs on that side and it still flashes fast :D do you know if theres a ground for signal flashing? or maybe its just a bad signal bulb socket on that side

SVS/trac off/ABS light...good chance you've got an early sign of a bad hub assembly. Get any vibrations or humming noises above 40mph?

The turn signals...check the rear tail light circuit boards (where the bulbs plug in). Is the rubber seal still there? Check the sockets for corrosion, water may be finding its way in there, and rusting the connection points on the sockets. Happened to me already, and you need to buy new circuit boards (not worth fixing) and they'll come with new seals.

Also, check the headlight assemblies to make sure the 3157 and 194 bulbs are lighting up.

' date='Mar 14 2011, 10:01 PM' post='50509']

SVS/trac off/ABS light...good chance you've got an early sign of a bad hub assembly. Get any vibrations or humming noises above 40mph?

The turn signals...check the rear tail light circuit boards (where the bulbs plug in). Is the rubber seal still there? Check the sockets for corrosion, water may be finding its way in there, and rusting the connection points on the sockets. Happened to me already, and you need to buy new circuit boards (not worth fixing) and they'll come with new seals.

Also, check the headlight assemblies to make sure the 3157 and 194 bulbs are lighting up.

well it was still ticking/flashing rapidly even with my tyc tails, then i put the GT tails and its the same story, so i doubt its something to do with the rear lights..but wat i noticed is that the inner signal bulb on the driver headlight only has one filament flashing rapidly

and on the passenger side the inner signal bulb has 2 filaments and takes turn flashing

short story, i replaced all the bulbs on the driver side and still no fix, the sockets look really clean inside on the driver side, can the wiring by the bulb socket be loose or something?

Check the harness plug (where the circuit board plugs into) and see if any of the prongs on the board are bent, or if the harness plug on the car shows any signs of corrosion and/or heat damage from a surge in voltage.

Sorry I forgot to post to some of your replies.

Just drop me a line if you are having a meet in London or Woodstock I will see if I can make it.

I like the progress of your car keep up the good work and as for the turn signals I have no clue.

' date='Mar 14 2011, 10:31 PM' post='50514']

Check the harness plug (where the circuit board plugs into) and see if any of the prongs on the board are bent, or if the harness plug on the car shows any signs of corrosion and/or heat damage from a surge in voltage.

alrite ill check that out...once again thanks for the help bro

Sorry I forgot to post to some of your replies.

Just drop me a line if you are having a meet in London or Woodstock I will see if I can make it.

I like the progress of your car keep up the good work and as for the turn signals I have no clue.

thanks...yeaa im seeing if theres ppl interested on the GAOC forums...most likely setting one up in woodstock...ill shoot u a pm soon

• 1 month later...

April-28-11 ; got the gt conversion parts all painted up and 98% paint matched :blink:

99184421.jpg

71735214.jpg

76940222.jpg

92150307.jpg

11149743.jpg

74584511.jpg

enjoy :)

I see you painted over the black rubber accent strips. I hope those where prepped correctly, they will flake off after a few months if not.

What's with the overlays on the corners of the headlights? Looks chinsy IMO.

Now do work.

' date='Apr 28 2011, 10:31 AM' post='53292']

I see you painted over the black rubber accent strips. I hope those where prepped correctly, they will flake off after a few months if not.

What's with the overlays on the corners of the headlights? Looks chinsy IMO.

Now do work.

All looks great to me! :):blink:

congrats!!!!

guys this ride is totalled now...as of April 28, 2011 !

new GA-GT or G6-GT comin reall soon

im fine & take care guyss..be back soon

shocked.thumbnail.jpg?w=141&h=139 what happened??????

glad your ok :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

well heres the new car, its a 2002 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 with ONLY 106,000KM !!!

day 1 (all stock) - bought it on May 09 2011

05102011187.jpg

05102011188.jpg

day 2 (rims on)

05122011199.jpg

day 3 (all debadged)

05132011207.jpg

day 6 (somehow found a set of fresh black tyc tails !)

05212011216.jpg

day 7 (cleaned all the crap outta the engine bay)

05202011214.jpg

May/30/'11 - since i was busy with work and finally got a day off on the 30th, i went and got my windows tinted :blink:

05302011243.jpg

05302011244.jpg

sorry for not posting pics up earlier loll, i been busy recovering from back pains + working 5-6days a week !

lol enjoyy, please feel free to throw your inputs and list your thoughts on future mods :lol: