Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

tamilrmx's 2001 Grand Am Progression

Hello everyone :)

im new to this forum, thought i should make a thread for my car, so here it is

(some of you may already know me from GAOC forums) :cheers:

This is a picture of my car when i first bought it in October 2008, i was 17 at the time

f3f320.jpg

After a good wash and wax, i also installed my new winter tires & rims and added some cheap hubcaps from walmart lol, and smoked my SE tail lights and added some canadian tire exhaust tips

cimg2406.jpg

cimg2410.jpg

enjoying my first winter with my car in December 2008, my friend took the picture and edited it

cimg3007.jpg

Later on in the winter (March 2009) there was black ice and i was making a left turn onto a street and then the bottom portion of my bumper got cracked after slamming into a big snow ditch left onto the side of the street...and then i decided to do up a GT conversion, added some blacked out headlight covers as well...at this point i think my car looked RICEYY :P keep in mind i was only 17 or 18 at the time lol

cimg2808t.jpg

April 2009, i took off the bumper and gave it to a paintshop to get painted, i gave them the U5322 code from my trunk lid cover, but the goddam thing doesnt even match up especially when you stare at it in the dark or under poor lighting, during daytime u cant really tell a difference, i know GM calls #5322 to be a "light driftwood metallic" colour, but who knows..

cimg2875g.jpg

a picture outside...and u cant really tell the difference of the paint difference

cimg2912.jpg

May 2009 - met up with a member from GAOC forums in barrie, ontario...picked up a set of chrome gen 1 projectors (rare), i had to cut into the headlight panel to make these fit in properly...took a good hour and i got them to work !

cimg3016.jpg

cimg3020z.jpg

June 2009 - took my brothers go karting and i was sittin on the benches..i turn around and i a nice view of my car thru the trees, so i took a picture of it...i know the headlites give the car a down syndrome look :P

cimg3042c.jpg

July 2009 - added black fender stripes, bumper grille leds, and a metallic red coloured WAI intake from cosmoracing.com...i had 185,000kms at the time and my engine bay still looks clean :)

cimg3113h.jpg

picked up a GT exhaust w/ 45,000kms on it and got rid of the ugly SE tails and got GT tails...this was it for the year of 2009

cimg3162i.jpg

November 2009, i saw a member on GAOC post up rims for sale, and i really wanted them so i took a long road trip (850kms one way) to illinois to pick them up, i also bought 2 new calipers from the states for $65..in canada things are soo expensive, u gotta pay to play, the nearby auto part store wanted $298+$50 core for 2 calipers...alex (riceburner2006) from gaoc painted the calipers and installed them for me

img00139200911081655.jpg

img00112200911031227.jpg

cimg3293.jpg

cimg3298e.jpg

it was 2am, too foggy to drive after i crossed the Michigan border into Sarnia...took a stop, ate at macdonalds and took a cool pic

cimg3317t.jpg

December 2009, took the rims off before the first day of snow..

cimg3653h.jpg

February 2010, got sick and sold my gen1 chrome projectors, ordered these off ebay

cimg3609.jpg

reppin' my website on my brake light :P

cimg3611.jpg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice looking car. I love the hood. I just got back from Brampton yesterday, next time I will hit you up for coffee and b.s.

Late in March 2010, handwashed & waxed the car, removed the spoiler, put the rims back on...and also tinted up the GT tails

cimg3768z.jpg

ill tel you one thing tho, theres no GT in my colour, thats why im gonna do it...i also put tan GT leather headrests :P (it was sooo hard to find)

cimg3777k.jpg

April 2010, i was procastinating during my exams so i washed the car up properly and detailed it in and out

28307326.jpg

41196405.jpg

73276335.jpg

June 2010, some douche bag hit my mirror, but sayin my mirror got swag eh :cheers:

cimg3910.jpg

July 2010, i bought a SC/T spoiler in black for $180, i didnt really feel it so i sold it...(now i realize i shoulda kept it, sct spoilers look nice on gt's and not se's)

cimg4038.jpg

painted the engine cover red

cimg4156f.jpg

replaced my front wheel bearings since the SVS,ABS,TRAC OFF light were on solid, few weeks later the lights keep coming on after i put the car in reverse or drive and move the car a few meters...but they don't stay on steady even with the key turned to the on position...gonna replace all 4 abs cables at the hubs and call it a day :P

cimg4186.jpg

August 2010, bought myself a custom CAI from a member on GAOC forums

cimg4322.jpg

Later on in the month, i got a carbon fiber sc/t hood

cimg4379n.jpg

cimg4400h.jpg

September 2010, been busy packing up and moving to the new house, here's a pic of my car parked in the garage...the hood gives the car the aggressive look and I've also installed a mesh grille kit that i got from customgrandam.com :)

cimg4502x.jpg

my car stands out more than my friends cars

cimg4446.jpg

my interior

cimg4509.jpg

took off my headlights, bought black headlights with clear corners, and i got the canuck motorsport lowering springs

cimg4549y.jpg

cimg4561v.jpg

cimg4543.jpg

the gt sideskirts, door mouldings and i got the rear bumper in the shed, my goal is to have the paint computer matched so it turns out 100% paint matched, im even gonna repaint the front bumper too

cimg4534q.jpg

cimg4538p.jpg

thats it for the year 2010, ill be doing more stuff to the car in the spring and keeping this thread updated :P

- paint the gt stuff

- monroe struts & canuck springs

- c/f trunk lid (maybe)

- tinted led tails

- magnaflow 12266 muffler

- sold my current rims to my friend for his tsx, buying new wheels again

- tan leather seat conversion

- black carpet

etc

• Founders

I'm amazed at how well and detailed you document what you do. I love it! Makes for the perfect progression thread!

This is probably one of my favorite Grand Ams, I'd like it even more if you'd paint the hood :cheers:

Not a fan of the led lights in the grille though.

I'm amazed at how well and detailed you document what you do. I love it! Makes for the perfect progression thread!

This is probably one of my favorite Grand Ams, I'd like it even more if you'd paint the hood :cheers:

Not a fan of the led lights in the grille though.

thanks man, yea i even stopped using my foglights coz i wired those leds to the foglight switch :P

they're comin off as soon as everything gets painted

Nice looking car. I love the hood. I just got back from Brampton yesterday, next time I will hit you up for coffee and b.s.

thanks, sounds good with me

me and a few other pontiac owners on gaoc will be starting a meet in the spring around woodstock/london, come join us next year if u can, we're tryna get alotta people :P

Can't wait to see the GT conversion finished.

Also, you're one of the few that actually masked off the backup lights on the tails. Contrast FTW!

Much better choice ditching the projectors. Just lose the lame overlays on the black housings. :lol2:

IMO, those LED thingers scream rice. I'd ditch them when you go full GT.

And like I said prior, you'll NEED camber bolts with the Canuck springs.

Welcome, and nice progress! She's looking good. Are you trying to set a record for number of different kinds of headlights on your car? Ha, ha. Keep up the good work!

Welcome, and nice progress! She's looking good. Are you trying to set a record for number of different kinds of headlights on your car? Ha, ha. Keep up the good work!

thanks..yea im at my 4th pair of headlites now haha

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year EVERYONE ! :lol2:

bought my new wheels a few days before 2010 ended..

here they are.. 18" Montegi Touge Rims wrapped in Nexen 3000s

i figured the 8 spoked rims looked a little too jdm'ish lol

cimg4968.jpg

rimstireskids035.jpg

rimstireskids038.jpg

chaosweaver - yeaa your rite ! the rebels do look like the montegi's lol...i gotta agree 5 spokes look good on our cars

thanks everyone :lol2: and Crimson, i usually clean it once a month to keep it lookin new lol

Hey can you shrink or trim you sig pic down please. The board specs are 600x150, thanks. :lol2:

i like your thread sir any other performance mods mayb? im liking those rims alot

i will get to the engine as soon as the summer ends, gonna rebuild my engine with some beefy stuff and maybe a bolt on GM supercharger that was made for the 2.4's along with a good tune

Hey can you shrink or trim you sig pic down please. The board specs are 600x150, thanks. :lol2:

alrite cool, thanks for lettin me know !

i will get to the engine as soon as the summer ends, gonna rebuild my engine with some beefy stuff and maybe a bolt on GM supercharger that was made for the 2.4's along with a good tune

i definitely want to see this.

• 2 months later...