Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lowering on stock struts/shocks is a very bad idea, they will blow out within a few months and give you a very uncomfortable ride, i know because i needed a new strut in the back pass side for the sunfire, so i bought a replacment one cuz it was cheaper than another KYB, and that stocker is almost toast, idea is, save the money and do it right the first time

Cool thank you guys for everything I've never done anything with suspension before besides stick blocks in my springs for my nissan so I would quit getting stuck in the mud haha. I'm an ace at wiring, audio and pretty okay at painting but otherwise I don't know too much and I'm really trying to learn. Never really had the opportunity I've lived with mom and Dad's never been around so I never got to learn too much besides how to do an oil change and little things. Everything I know I've literally tought myself so... I'm working on it, :(

that's for sure, I'm ready to get my SV6 looking like that. want to drop it about two inches and either run it up to 20" rims or keep my 17's, I'm not sure yet we'll see how it looks when I'm done with the drop!

hey all,

thats my old van, i lowered it on sprintech springs for a grand prix (front) and the rears are eibachs

if you did not know, the van dynoed 311whp and i ran 13s with it, turbo and 3.8 swap.

i now have a few grand prixs, one of which is a 2001 that last year dynoed 584 whp, going for 700whp next year,

its 5-speed swapped and on air bag with a poop load of modifactions

hey all,

thats my old van, i lowered it on sprintech springs for a grand prix (front) and the rears are eibachs

if you did not know, the van dynoed 311whp and i ran 13s with it, turbo and 3.8 swap.

i now have a few grand prixs, one of which is a 2001 that last year dynoed 584 whp, going for 700whp next year,

its 5-speed swapped and on air bag with a poop load of modifactions

I read up all that, and checked out all your photos and vids. I was figuring what I would do is drop the front (however I could) and allow the auto level to follow it down. If it wouldn't work that way I'd be more than willing to cut out my air shocks and find a way to put in springs and shocks.

In that sense I'd cut out my original compressor and put in an aftermarket one with a big tank so I can power my air horn with some loud noise.

I'm extremely happy you joined!! Thank you for responding!

my van had the self leveling rear but the stock springs dont allow the rear to go that low, you can cut the TOP spring coil on them or run aftermarket, then the air will still work

this is a teaser pic of my grand prix, its low to say the least, the tires are yes.... 285 /35/18..... 285s.. on the front yeaaaa

155253_10150097324715774_504890773_7358997_2446565_n.jpg

AH I saw the GP over on gtan, that thing is sweet hope to make ours look like that one day, my girlfriend and I have a 98, also looking into a 2000 GTP and things like that. I will have to go aftermarket for springs for the rear to let her lower, I'm so excited!

springs from differnt cars dont work with differnt suspension, w-bodies and u vans (uplander, montana, ect) use the same subframe and struts as a grand prix the difference is the springs as the vans have an extra coil then the cars

• Founders

springs from differnt cars dont work with differnt suspension, w-bodies and u vans (uplander, montana, ect) use the same subframe and struts as a grand prix the difference is the springs as the vans have an extra coil then the cars

I'm very curious about the weight distribution of using Grand Prix coils. Has it held up well in yours?

Which I actually have to call scary because my struts in the SV-6 only have like 3 or 4 coils in the springs. I was actually thinking about (just for the test of the look) buying junkyard parts, it'd cost less than $200. I'd buy a set of Montana struts and a set of GP struts, and if I like the way it looks then buy performance. And If I don't like the way it looks, then I just put my stockers back in!!

http://www.am-autoparts.com/cart.html

or another example I think this is what I would run for the fronts. And instead of cutting my rear springs, I would probably clamp them. Once again, if I don't like it, it's easily removable. And plus, it's not too "unsafe" either.

Think that'd be a pretty easy way to manage dropping the van two inches, and spending less than $200 :pop_corn: