Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New guy. just purchased an 05 gto

' date='Dec 21 2010, 06:56 AM' post='44376']

Shit, if we're gonna talk CCWs, be legit and get some BBS RS's, have yet to see a GTO rock those.

CCW's=legitimacy

edit: i just looked at BBS RS-GT's and i SWEAR someone has them. ive been searching not finding it yet but i KNOW someone has them

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dang..dude on gto forum wants to trade me for some chrome tsw mondellos... they look nice but im concerned of the weight. its not a bad looking wheel and i could always get em changed to black .

mondello_black_reg_normal_white.jpg

Meh. The Trackstars are lightweight, those aren't.

Why get a heavy wheel, just to have to paint it black, while the trackstar has the split spoke design you like, in black...WITH a red lip? Just sayin'. The masses over on LS1GTO all tend to like the same, dull, boring looks anyway.

TSW Trackstars FTW! DOOO EEEET!

lol my local club members are making fun of those tsws cuz "rwd is supposed to have deep dish or staggered rims"

fk em. lol

i like the tsws.

Supposed to? Umm...no. I like deep dish wheels, but they are by no means a necessity on a RWD car. :)

Get the Trackstars, and let them talk shit.

sorry im having cptn and cokes in rapid usuccession.

WHAT is the budget. i still vote CCw's. they are the TITITTITITITITTTTS!

ps before i started drinking i drove through 3 inches of snow for 20 miles in the GTO. no t easy.

sorry im having cptn and cokes in rapid usuccession.

WHAT is the budget. i still vote CCw's. they are the TITITTITITITITTTTS!

ps before i started drinking i drove through 3 inches of snow for 20 miles in the GTO. no t easy.

im not huge on having big wheels. id be satisfied with a good looking 17. maybe 18 at best but the car has brand new tires on it so i dont want to waste them. as far as budget, i dont wanna go over 600. ive got alot of guys who have access to discounts so i usually get whatevers in the price range on discount.

$600? I'd stretch that budget if I were you. 18"s are better suited for the GTO, and to boot, the bolt pattern isn't cheap to come by, since it's common with many German cars. You're looking at above $700 for a decent set of used wheels. New will be above $1000. With these cars, you gotta pay to play.

' date='Dec 24 2010, 10:59 PM' post='44647']

$600? I'd stretch that budget if I were you. 18"s are better suited for the GTO, and to boot, the bolt pattern isn't cheap to come by, since it's common with many German cars. You're looking at above $700 for a decent set of used wheels. New will be above $1000. With these cars, you gotta pay to play.

This x10000000000

' date='Dec 24 2010, 10:59 PM' post='44647']

i got a set of $1000 wheels for 400 for my last car. seriously its no big deal.

being apart of my car club i get access to very good discounts.

i dont expect to pay more than that for em.

sidebar

gonna be driving by the fab shop that helped me with the turbo setup for my cobalt.. later on this week...getting estimates on a full turbo setup whether it be rear mount or front mount.

if its reasonable like i expect it to be. ill only be doing light light boltons and building the suspension and braking and exterior appearance stuff until i save up enough to do a forged install for the motor and the turbo install

i think some jba shorties,catless stock mids, tune and a short throw will keep me happy till i finish the other stuff.

The LS2 loves boost, IIRC, the LS6 intake manifold bolts up, provides better airflow, and I'd port the heads, unless there's an LSx motor you can snatch parts off of for superior airflow. I'm not familiar with the LSx motors, I'm a V6 guy. :blink:

But I will say this, do NOT go catless. There is no benefit, the car will smell bad, and you'll have a pesky SES light to deal with.

If he wants a light weight cheaper wheel CCW's arent for him. They are expensive as shit and weigh a shit ton. there is a guy here in toledo that has them on a charcoal cobra and they are sexy as FORD, but he paid a metirc dick load for them and he said they were chunky bastards.