Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

95naSTA's Bonneville Progression

:blink: wow. and why does it look bubbly on the top left corner of the front passenger floor? issue or nothing?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Well there's your problem. Pull that from the Titanic, did you? :lol2:

:rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

I switched gears a little today.

I wanted to get the carpet and padding out due to a water leak I have. I'm pretty sure it's the leak is at the bottom of my rear window and at the top of my windshield. I don't have any immediate plans to fix this since the car is going to be kept in a garage by May. But, I don't want soaking wet padding against metal till it finally dries out. With the car in the garage I can take my time having the glass out, addressing any corrosion etc.

I adjusted the TCC/brake switch and verified the TCC engagement but my mph settings are still goofy from my last tune. My laptop is currently MIA so, I'll revisit this.

I definitely found why my airbag light is on.. lol. The module looks like it's been in the ocean for a year. I have another one of these modules buried somewhere in my storage space. I'll find it when I move vs. wasting time looking for it.

And I finally finally finally got the hood stay bracket back from my painter buddy and installed it. I couldn't mount the oil coolers till I got this in there. The brackets should be pretty easy. The coolers are re-zip tied back in place for now.

And on to the pics.. The interior is kinda beat with no carpet but it'll do for now.

2012-03-23%252016.01.05.jpg

2012-03-23%252016.01.31.jpg

2012-03-23%252016.01.59.jpg

2012-03-23%252016.35.19.jpg

2012-03-23%252016.34.55.jpg

2012-03-23%252018.27.42.jpg

2012-03-23%252018.27.54.jpg

my bonny leaked as well. it leaks from the moulding that goes around the roof of the car. and it also leaks from the weather stripping around the door. im not sure if its the same for your car but i had to replace the moulding and had to make sure that the weather stipping stays in place. a quick fix for the moulding leak would be to put duct tape over it lol i did that until we got the new moulding

and to make your car look a little bit nicer on the inside, you can buy huge rolls of like sham carpeting from home depot that you can just cut up with an xacto knife to the right size and put it in your car

The leak is definitely not the door seals. They are shrunk but I re-seated them around all the corners so that the gap would be at the bottom of the door and then filled that gap with a cut section from a spare seal.

I have two sets of OEM floor mats so I'll probably throw in the spare set for the time being so it doesn't look as bad.

Minor update.. I'll probably be putting some time in on the car this week since I'll be back from travel.

I did order a BPI velocity stack and new air filter.

stack_diagram.jpg

This thing has been on the list of things to buy ever since I read the honda-tech thread on it's development back in 06ish. The owner did flow anaysis to optimize the radius on the inlet. It won't add anything earth shattering HP wise but there are plenty of dynos showing 5ish whp. On a tapped out n/a build, that's worth it.

did you check the moulding that goes aroung the roof of your car? on your car it is black and on mine its chrome. because ive seen multiple bonnevilles leak from there as well. the water would actually trickle into the car and come down the trough the where the seatbelt is. my mind was blown when i discovered that.

Lol. Relax. I'm trying to tell you I know where its coming from and I'm going to address it later. The issue is bigger than parts replacement.

I'm pretty sure it's the leak is at the bottom of my rear window and at the top of my windshield. I don't have any immediate plans to fix this since the car is going to be kept in a garage by May. But, I don't want soaking wet padding against metal till it finally dries out. With the car in the garage I can take my time having the glass out, addressing any corrosion etc.

I got a couple things in today..

My oil coolers were temporarily ghetto rigged where I want them with zip ties.. I picked up some aluminum angle stock and put something together with rivets. The placement tuned out pretty good. I have them up behind the bumper support and out of view of the lower air damn. They'll still see enough flow but this way it'll be more subtle. And even though the coolers are just hanging, they don't move at all.

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2065.JPG

IMG_2066.JPG

IMG_2067.JPG

One of the harnesses to my fuse block was too close to the exhaust crossover so I made this and used a stud on the firewall to hold it out of place:

2012-04-12%252019.10.07.jpg

I got a bunch of stuff in today..

-Mounted and tied in the vac canister back into the booster line

-Modified the hidden battery tray so that is wasn't pushing the bumper to the passenger side

-Mounted ext air temp sensor

-Mounted driver’s side fender and side skirt and ran the wire or the puddle lights. (just had a couple bolts holding the fender before)

-Pulled the spacers I had on the rear of i30 (replaced them with spacers made for that car) and put them on the front of the Bonnie

-Re mounted the 9/10" super RSes

-Added some negative camber to the passenger side front since the tire was constantly rubbing the fender. lol.

-Temporarily mounted passenger side skirt

IMG_2069.JPG

2012-04-15%252020.07.29.jpg

Making progress!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend in Philadelphia right now, who has been there for a couple weeks but will be back in a week or so. I should have put two and two together and realized you live in the area- I could have gone to visit you both! Meeting this car in person is almost on my bucket list. At this rate, it will officially be on my bucket list once you're "done."

My current definition of "done" for this car is when Mike crosses everything off his current checklist. I'm sure he'll have plenty more lists in the future! :lol: