Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

95naSTA's Bonneville Progression

• 2 weeks later...

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I missed the last few replies.. lol.

I'm hoping to get some work in on this car Saturday.

Also.. This car is going to be garage kept as of May.. I'm in the process of buying a house.. The seller and I have signed the buyers agreement as of today. I'm pretty siked on it.

Thanks!

I did get some work in today.. The dual wide band O2 sensors are wired up now.

Recap: One WBO2 reads the front bank, the other WBO2 reads both banks, and the OEM O2 sensor wiring is extended so it can also read both banks.

I hate running wires into the cabin but I got smart this time.. I used two of the EGR wires not in use anymore and wired the gauge signal wires into the cabin via the firewall plug.

Holy crap was my tune off. My LTFTs were wayyy rich and my A/Fs in PE mode were maxing out the WB gauges. I had to take a ton of fuel out to get the LTFTs close to 128 (0%) and the PE A/Fs in the 12s. So, as of right now, the car has a decent rough tune. That made a huge difference in acceleration and it hustles pretty good now.

Sometime in the future I'd like to drop the trans pan and throw in some Caterpillar trans fluid to mix. I've done this in the past to firm up shifts and prevent fluid breakdown. Right now I'm shifting at 5800 or so until I can mix that stuff in.

The next major thing on the agenda are the exhaust tips. I've got a decent amount of cutting to do to have them where I want.

I only snapped one pic unfortunately but I've got a short vid of the WB02 gauge in action..

IMG_1996.JPG

/>http://youtu.be/8pjd0XicmqQ

Just a single pod 3m taped to the column. I didn't want a pilliar pod or anything and I figured this is the cleanest route to go.

I started on the exhaust tip bumper notching today.

I had to cut out the trapezoidal sections of bumper support in the way of where I want the tips, measured a bunch of times then I slowly started removing material from the bumper.

The notches only allow for a quarter of the tip to be tucked up into the bumper so far. I would like to get it half way tucked with clearance.

I ran out of light but I need SS wire plus a new liner for the MIG feed line anyway.

IMG_1999.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_2006.JPG

IMG_2009.JPG

IMG_2012.JPG

Thanks again guys. :)

Good news, with stock 95 L36 (n/a 95+ 3800 SeriesII) ignition maps, I have zero KR. I was rolling around with the S1 L67 (s/c 94/95 3800 SeriesI) timing maps temporarily since my compression is so high.

Almost bad news: I've never taken this thing on the highway and therefore never noticed I have to TCC lock-up. First through fourth all work fine, just no lock-up. I don't have any TCC code or anything, it just doesn't command it. I looked at my requested TCC lock mphs and there was nothing goofy, looked at the FSM a little then went back out driving around checking out my scantool every so often. TCC Brake SW = ON. So, it looks like my brake switch is stuck preventing lock-up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm about to start banging stuff out again with the car.

Here's the to-do list. A lot of it is small stuff but there's a few things that'll take a while.

2012-03-21%252015.18.32.jpg

That's still a huge list but I like how you think and that you have a list.

I switched gears a little today.

I wanted to get the carpet and padding out due to a water leak I have. I'm pretty sure it's the leak is at the bottom of my rear window and at the top of my windshield. I don't have any immediate plans to fix this since the car is going to be kept in a garage by May. But, I don't want soaking wet padding against metal till it finally dries out. With the car in the garage I can take my time having the glass out, addressing any corrosion etc.

I adjusted the TCC/brake switch and verified the TCC engagement but my mph settings are still goofy from my last tune. My laptop is currently MIA so, I'll revisit this.

I definitely found why my airbag light is on.. lol. The module looks like it's been in the ocean for a year. I have another one of these modules buried somewhere in my storage space. I'll find it when I move vs. wasting time looking for it.

And I finally finally finally got the hood stay bracket back from my painter buddy and installed it. I couldn't mount the oil coolers till I got this in there. The brackets should be pretty easy. The coolers are re-zip tied back in place for now.

And on to the pics.. The interior is kinda beat with no carpet but it'll do for now.

2012-03-23%252016.01.05.jpg

2012-03-23%252016.01.31.jpg

2012-03-23%252016.01.59.jpg

2012-03-23%252016.35.19.jpg

2012-03-23%252016.34.55.jpg

2012-03-23%252018.27.42.jpg

2012-03-23%252018.27.54.jpg