Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

95naSTA's Bonneville Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

^^^ hush!!!

take your time and keep doing it right!!!!!

• Founders

^^^ hush!!!

take your time and keep doing it right!!!!!

:agreed:

It's amazing, awesome and throw in another adjective to describe how awesomely amazing this build is.

Thanks guys. I'm definitely hustling when I'm home and have the free time.

Here's the hit list from today:

-Repolished the master cylinder and shine/sealed it. The original issue with it was I had it powdercoated clear, got brake fluid on it without realizing it and it effed up the powdercoat. I stripped it a couple weeks ago and it's been staring me down ever since.. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be I only had to hit a couple areas with sand paper.

-Started to repolish the valve covers I had stripped chemically because of oxidation under the clear and realized they're oxidized much more than I thought.. I found out I have to take the covers and the alt down to 220 grit and work my back up.. FML.. I got the one cover down to 220, thought about blowing up the world and moved on to something else for the time being.

-Shine/Sealed the tensioner assembly which was easy since it was clean and never coated before.

-Got new drivers side caliper from Advance (actually passenger side for an F-body) took it apart, and got it to the powder coater.. Along with my rusty flex plate for shits and gigs. The caliper will go purple again and the flex will be black satin. I should get those early next week.

-Bent the power steering lines to give more clearance for the LTs and put the rear mounts in while I was there.

-Threw the 1.6 RRs, polished thermo housing, and tensioner assembly on the engine. I still have to check the preload though.

That ATI balancer does not want to go on easy at all.. It kind of has me worried about using it. I'm not even sure what puller to use if it gets stuck.

I should have the front suspension back together this weekend and hopefully by next weekend the engine/trans will be ready go in. There will still be a bunch of misc crap after they go in though.. so that's not the end of the road.

2011-05-04%252018.52.55.jpg

2011-05-04%252018.53.04.jpg

IMG_1276.JPG

IMG_1278.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1275.JPG

IMG_1280.JPG

what color are the valve covers going to be or are you just polishing, chroming them or painting them purple?

You work too fast...

i wish i worked that fast on my car. anyways, that would look great, all clean and polished.

Lol. I wish I could work at least twice as fast.

That would be sweet to just have an all polished/painted engine chillin on the stand in the garage. I'm pretty sure my parents would kill me though. lol. At the moment I have 2 short blocks 1 long block, an empty block, a complete trans and and empty trans in the garage. Let alone a metric ton of other crap. Can't wait to move out..

I got a few smaller things done today due to having to do both belts an alt and tensioner pulley on the i30.

-Checked lifter preload and found I need shorter pushrods. Ordered those.

-Checked the F-body 2-pc rotors I got fit my bolt pattern, and they don't.. My F-body powerslots do but these have tighter tolerances. So, I'll have to have them redrilled..

-Brought home my disassembled engine hoist from storage.

-Drained the trans and got it off the stand.

Today's hit list:

-Assembled the master cylinder and installed

-Lubed LCA bolts where there's metal on metal contact

-Cleaned, re-assembled, and installed front coilovers with new top mounts and bearings. I decided to try wheel bearing grease on the roller bearings..

-Flipped the sway bar around the right way and tightened cause I'm an idiot

-Cleaned the crap out of the UIM and installed with HV3. I'm using the UIM that I removed the inside fins from just for s&g.

-Cleaned p/s pump and T/A mount

-Rattle caned the flow matched injector bodies black

Haha!

But I'll be spending all my time on a big black girl.. Won't you feel neglected??

I squeezed in a couple things after work and the engine is starting to look more complete:

IMG_1289.JPG

IMG_1290.JPG

IMG_1292.JPG

IMG_1295.JPG

IMG_1296.JPG

The aluminum valve covers and alt are getting sent out to be repolished and I'm having the alt and p/s pullys chromed. Polishing these things once was once too many.

I decided to just go with the stock balancer for now since it seems like it wants to go on a lot easier than the ATI.

And I'm waiting for the fuel rail legs to dry.. So, I will have something holding the rails down.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, it definitely helps keep me motivated.

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, it definitely helps keep me motivated.

maybe you should motivate us once in a while like do to you. :) its not all about you, you know.

:lol: jk. :lol: keep it up.

DSCN2593wide.jpg

thouse rims are just so BITCHEN on your car! (that means :rofl: )