Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

95naSTA's Bonneville Progression

• Founders

The machine shop wanted 1200 to rebuild the short block.. so new engine it is. I found one with the same mileage (17k) on ebay and bought it.

Nice! Was just about to say it might be better to go new but beat me to it :bacon:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I got out of work a little early today and made some progress with the car.

All the ABS and drivers side headlight wiring is extended and loomed. I'm running the ABS wiring outside the unibody with cushion clamps..

Mounted the drivers side horn.

Lost the IAT sensor wires.. lol. I'll find them it just got too dark.

Welded in and grinded down a couple too far cut marks on the inside of the upper rad support.

Welded washers to my modified rear trans mount plate. I had the washers there before but just sandwiched in.

Got a tie rod out of one of my spare front knuckles that wouldn't come out with an impact..

Put all my misc tie rod/ball joint/knuckle/reamer stuff in a box and in my DD so I can take it to the place that did my CAD stuff. They said they could ream out the ball joint hole no problem but want to have the parts in hand to be clear on the tie rod flip part of the job.

Lots of stuff came in too. Almost everything for the brakes, etc.

Paint might not happen this week.. The ultimate goal is to get it in before Friday next week.

2011-05-03%2014.48.45.jpg

2011-05-03%2014.48.55.jpg

2011-05-03%2018.32.33.jpg

2011-05-03%2020.10.32.jpg

You and your car are the holy grail of epic modifications. Want to come help my dad and I put the ecotec in the Fiero?

Want to come help my dad and I put the ecotec in the Fiero?

no, he will be working on my car next. :rofl:

Doing an Ecotec swap would be pretty cool to add to the list.

The closest thing I've done was wire up a 20v silver top 4age into a AE86.

I just wish I had more time..

Doing an Ecotec swap would be pretty cool to add to the list...I just wish I had more time..

thats why my car is perfect for you to work on, the Ecotec is already in! :) anyways, use up more sick days and vacation days to finish up your car. :(

keep it up cuz at the rate your going youll be a shoe in for :) of the year. :(

keep it up cuz at the rate your going youll be a shoe in for :) of the year. :lol:

:(

anyways, use up more sick days and vacation days to finish up your car. :D

This happened. lol.

I ran a 10 miler here in Philly Sunday. (the Broad Street Run) I had been training for it, got injured, had to let my iliotibial band heal, didn't run for 3 weeks until race day and killed myself during the race. Ended up doing it in 77 mins.. Anyways.. couple that exhaustion with both parents being sick and hacking up a lung and I ended up sick too.

I took today off to go to the Dr. and I probably should have rested but.. didn't.

I'll get some pics tomorrow but the list is as follows:

Dropped my steering knuckles off to get reamed

Por-15'd my ABS brackets, the newly welded rear trans mounting plate, and under the rad support where I welded metal.

Found my IAT wires and extended them to where the filter will be.

Stripped the clear powdercoat off my polished master cylinder (so I can re-polish and seal with ShineSeal)

And a twist of luck had my buddy available to paint the bay.

So, the bay is painted!

The drivers side does have a couple runs that need to be fixed though. In his defense, a cold car sucks for runs.. And there's a little bit of dirt from it being sprayed outside in my driveway. Either way though.. I'm siked on it.

Oh and the new engine should be here tomorrow. :lol:

ooh. get better. and return to the car. :D so...pics! please.

• Founders

Health comes first then your amazing Bonnie lol

Good job on the run though, I've been trying to build up my running again lately and it's been a pain. I run 2 miles and am dead. I used to be able to run probably 5-10 no problem a few years ago.

What I have is kind of weird. I'm not achy or fatigued, I just sound like crap. No worries though. If it progresses beyond that, I'll put the rest time in.

I found a couple more runs this morning. :D

Weather permitting, my buddy will come buy next week to fix the major offenders.

Quick pics I snapped on my way out the door this morning:

2011-05-06%2008.26.18.jpg

2011-05-06%2008.26.29.jpg

2011-05-06%2008.26.38.jpg

I made a little head way this weekend.

The new engine came Friday. I took everything heads up off, wheeled it up into my garage and put it on the stand.

I ran the (cunifer) brake lines from the ABS distro to all 4 corners with new proportioning valves in the rear. I didn't do one section that goes across the rear of the car from the proportioning valve to the passenger side rear wheel. It’s 3 years old and a huge PITA in a slanted driveway. I'll bang it out on a lift eventually.

The Kent-Moore J-45405 flaring kit I picked up not too long ago and used to do the lines is beyond ballin. I'm real happy I got it.

I still have to run the 1 soft and two hard lines from the distro up to the master cylinder. This will come after the paint redo so I can mount the new booster and after I repolish and seal the master.

Those 3 lines are the only ones you'll see in the engine bay coming from behind the drivers strut tower to the master. I hid all the other ones.

The ABS electrical is cushion clamped up out of the way and the connectors all reach without issue.

I made the jumper cables form the battery to the terminals. I have the rubber covers for the battery side, they're just not on yet.

2011-05-06%2017.37.54.jpg

IMG_0759.JPG

IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0750.JPG

IMG_0752.JPG

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0756.JPG

IMG_0757.JPG

Those remote battery terminals are awesome! If you don't mind sharing, where'd you get them? After a recent attempt to boost a friend's car we discovered that it actually isn't possible to boost another car with my GP due to the battery terminal placement. I'm starting to think about making a simple mount for a set of remote terminals so that I can give a boost if needed.

I cannot wait to see the engine in place with everything hidden out of sight. This will be amazing. :D

I can't wait either! If I'm lucky the engine will be in sometime in July.

I'm on travel for about a month starting next weekend..

The terminals I got off of ebay. Just search remote battery terminals.

• Founders

Very nice to see this come along. Very interesting placement for the battery, an A for utilizing space lol.

Looks like the engine is in alright shape

I got the bay repainted Wednesday. It came out a lot better. There are no runs but there are a couple spots where condensation from the gun/hose connection sprayed water and made tiny bubbles. Those spots are going to get buffed out later.

I got the booster, evaporator, ceramic coated HVAC box, blower motor, resistor in after work today.

The bay is already dirty in the pics.. yay pollen.

2011-05-11%2019.50.37.jpg

IMG_0765.JPG

IMG_0766.JPG

IMG_0767.JPG

:lol:

Darn pollen. This is where having a white car comes in handy, it hides the stuff. :D

Pictures of your Bonneville popped up on my w-body forum, people loved it.