Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

95naSTA's Bonneville Progression

Lol. Yep, there will be more lists.

I dropped the trans pan and mixed in some CAT 8T9572-30w fluid. The advantages to using this is it's thicker, and dosen't break down as easy. So, this will bost line pressure a bit and will help protect the differential since the fluid around it is less likely to break down from heat. Nothing crazy in the pan too, so that's good. I am throwing a torque converter clutch code though. I'm not sure if this is 100% a failure yet or not.

I changed the oil too. Nothing super crazy.

I do have to raise the front end up a little bit, and I do mean little. My tires are hitting the plastic fenders even on light turns and normal driving. I would deal if the tires couldn't wear through the fenders but they definitely can.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Whats your best guess on when the car will be all done? I have a feeling even when its done you'll never be done tinkering and playing with stuff. lol

I can't say for sure when this current check list will be complete due to my work travel schedule. I just found out today that I'm on travel not next but the following week and next week I'm away on vaca.

Somewhat related note, this car should have a roof over it's head permanently when I return. House time. Wooo.

I can't say for sure when this current check list will be complete due to my work travel schedule. I just found out today that I'm on travel not next but the following week and next week I'm away on vaca.

Somewhat related note, this car should have a roof over it's head permanently when I return. House time. Wooo.

That will help, once the moving is complete! Best of luck with that. I'm looking forward to the car's progress, no matter how long it takes :)

Thanks!

I snuck in one last thing before the move.

I guess you can consider these teaser pics since I was lacking a good camera at the time.. but the exhaust tips are done.

2012-05-06%252015.19.20.jpg

2012-05-06%252015.19.27.jpg

1336356256-picsay.jpg

2012-05-06_19.04.41.jpg

2012-05-07%252008.40.28.jpg

Slowly, the list gets less intimidating. I like how you added things at the end in a different color pen... goes to show how it really is never, ever done, even when you have a list! :lol:

that looks awesome. when i fixed my exhaust leak i had to replace the muffler as well so the idiotic guy at meineke gave me a smaller muffler and went down to autozone (i actually saw him there) got a chrome dual tip and screwed it on to my muffler. and its looks terrible because its all rusty now due to the terrible quality of the metal.

Slowly, the list gets less intimidating. I like how you added things at the end in a different color pen... goes to show how it really is never, ever DONE, even when you have a list! :lol:

What does this word mean?

^^ Lol. True story.

I closed on my house Monday and I got my Bonnie in my garage today to get an idea of what I'll be able to fit in there.

It's not as deep as I initially thought but it's plenty wide and there's a lot of room for overhead storage solutions. The right rear area will definitely be the work bench area. I also had to air up the rear struts so it wouldn't scrape on the way in.. lol.

Either way.. this much (new) space to work with so close to center city is almost impossible.

2012-05-12%252020.02.29.jpg

2012-05-12%252020.02.44.jpg

2012-05-12%252020.02.53.jpg

2012-05-12%252020.03.02.jpg

2012-05-12%252020.03.24.jpg

2012-05-12%252020.03.46.jpg

2012-05-12%252020.03.58.jpg

And here's a few pics of my new place.

2012-05-12%252020.05.29.jpg

2012-05-12%252020.05.50.jpg

IMG_2125.JPG

IMG_2132.JPG

IMG_2138.JPG

IMG_2149.JPG

IMG_2153.JPG

The last one is the view from my roof deck.

Dang, that's a nice place you've got yourself there! I'm envious. I want a place of my own so bad but with all my student loans I can't justify buying a house. Yet. Someday... and in the future, said house will be smaller than the garage. Yes.

I'm looking forward to seeing how well everything fits into your garage. Do you have street parking for the i30?

• 2 months later...

Small update.. The trans has to come out due to no converter lock up and there's a 90% chance I'm going F40.. G6 6spd. I've got most of the info I need. I'll just need to figure out trans mounts, pedal mounting, and axles since those 3 haven't been done in my car yet. More power to the ground, more fun, high FDR but good highway mileage, etc.

p.s. Sadie, I can park my i30 on the sidewark infront of my garage no problem. :)