Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

95naSTA's Bonneville Progression

Lol. I've got a couple things to fix on the exterior.. my hood got punched by the strut and there are a couple spots up front that need attention.. Once that's done I want to have the seats redone.. There's just something to be said about fresh leather.. I still have to tuck the engine harness when I'm sure it runs and drives correctly.. gotta do the rear LCA bushings.. blah blah blah

The car will never be done. lol.

My knock sensors came in yesterday and I put those in. Those were one of 2 things I needed minimum to get the engine and trans in this weekend. As long as I get the flexplate back tomorrow or Friday I should be good to go.

I tightened up the fuel setup with the rail legs and I decided to add one more leg on the rear to make it more solid. You can shake the engine by the rails now.

Yesterday I sent out:

-The valve covers and alt housing out for repolishing

-Alt and p/s pulleys to be hard chromed

-Baer F-body 2-pc rotors to be redrilled to 5x115

I have some work related travel coming up next month which should help me afford tires for these guys:

IMG_4965.JPG

:cheers:

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

They're the same wheels I have now just wider with a chromed lip.

They're 2-pc so those are the bolts holding it together.

I got done a few more odds and ends with the engine and put the hoist together. I also dynamatted the trans tail shaft just in case.

Keep in mind:

-The alt, p/s pump, and valve covers will all be swapped out when I get them back from polishing/chroming.

-I intend to tuck the engine harness and relocate the coils once I'm sure everything is running correctly.

I'm hoping I'll get the flywheel and caliper tomorrow. If I'm lucky the shorter pushrods will be here by Saturday but the engine will go in either way.

IMG_1302.JPG

IMG_1298.JPG

IMG_1299.JPG

IMG_1300.JPG

IMG_1301.JPG

IMG_1306.JPG

Are you going to do any polishing/chroming to the alternator?

Yep, the alt I'm planning to use was sent out along with the aluminum valve covers to be repolished. The alt pulley will be chromed along with the p/s pulley.

Nice!!!

Glad to here your "leaving no stone unturned" ....

Nice!!!

Glad to here your "leaving no stone unturned" ....

Like having the flywheel powdercoated? I've got problems.

The engine/trans/rear header went in today..

I was solo for the most part. I just had my girlfriend push the engine/trans away from the passenger side unibody when I dropped it in.. She's whatever is more than awesome.

IMG_1309.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1312g.jpg

IMG_1313g.jpg

IMG_1314g.jpg

IMG_1316.JPG

IMG_1319.JPG

IMG_1320.JPG

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1323.JPG

Welcome to Philadelphia...

Lots of misc crap left but this was a biggie.

• Founders

Very nice!

Daring working in the streets, I don't trust the spoiled import driving dingleberries in my neighborhood to do that :P

Like having the flywheel powdercoated? I've got problems.

The engine/trans/rear header went in today..

I was solo for the most part. I just had my girlfriend push the engine/trans away from the passenger side unibody when I dropped it in.. She's whatever is more than awesome.

She doesn't mind that you have a fiancee does she?

Haha, j/k j/k.

I'm not only excited for when this baby is up and running smoothly again, but super stoked to see that engine bay with all the tucked wires. Om nom nom.

There is nothing about this car that isn't filled with ultimate win.

a 95naSTA cross country tour where he visits all of us to show us the car? do it! :angry:

Thanks guys. I can't wait to get it running either.

And lol Sadie.. I think we're ok. I told her and she didn't seem to mind. haha.

I figured out how I wanted the route the engine oil thermostat, cooler, and lines today. The condenser inlet/outlet blocks sneaking the lines through on the passenger side. There wasn't really enough room to mount the thermostat and have it go through that side anyway. So, I went over through the passenger side. I'll route the trans oil thermo and cooler lines over through there too. The matching cooler (They look identical) will be on the drivers size at the same height.

Making -10 an line is just like -6.. but multiply the pita factor by 1.5. I've got calluses out the wazoo from riding bmx, the gym, etc. and it feels like I borrowed a set of pre-teen girl hands to do this.

IMG_1328.JPG

It fits! (twss)

IMG_1329.JPG

IMG_1324.JPG

IMG_1325.JPG

IMG_1326.JPG

IMG_1333.JPG

Here's the rest of to-do list:

Electrical

-EWP

-Alt to fuse

-Batt to starter

-HIDs

-Engine harness

-Fans.. I might just need one slim fan

-Clean up the trans/cruise/master wiring

-At least redo the trans tables for 3.43s.

-Buy new widebands/wire

-IAT

Mechanical

-Get new pushrods in and check preload

-Mount engine oil cooler, thermo, and run lines

-Mount trans oil cooler and thermo

-Re-figure out wihch fittings to use from the trans. It looks like I’ll need some new bends

-A/c lines and accumulator

-Hook up p/s lines

-Heater core lines

-Grease the ball joints and tie rod ends

-Bleed brakes

-Finish installing headers

-Hook exhaust up enough to drive to a shop and redo the cat back and add 2 O2 bungs

-Install rear dog bone and trans to engine to rear header bracket

-Shorten and hook up fuel lines

-Buy new tires for new BBSes

-Clean stuff like the hood latch, radiator stay, wheel wells etc. and install

-Bought like 20 of those u shaped 10mm sandwich clamps

-Get hose clamps for the master to abs rubber line and coolant lines

-Mount ABS brain up under the steering linkage

-Hook the vac crap

-Fill trans

-Get Baer 2-pcs back and throw in new Hawk ceramics.

Just a tiny little to-do list, I see. The first and last shots are my favourites, I love this car.

And those wheels. ;)

Paint that plastic radiator mount black, purple or get a polished steal/chrome one. ;)

It kinda looks like hell compared to everything else you have done and would be a shame to use it in its current condition. ;)

IMG_1329.JPG

-Clean stuff like the hood latch, radiator stay, wheel wells etc. and install

It's definitely not going on the car like that. For now I'm just going to clean the crap out of it and make it glossy/shiny.

I'll probably revisit it later but I don't want to get hung up on it at the moment.

No eye candy this post but I made a little progress.

Between my cam having a slightly smaller base circle, my heads being milled 0.050", and the valves being a tiny bit higher from a valve job I had to guestimate my pushrod length. Stock pushrods are 7.03" long. I tried 7" which netted too much lifter preload.. So I went for 6.95", checked those yesterday and the preload was right where I wanted it to be. I got those all in and the temp valve covers all butoned up.

I also got some of the plastics cleaned up along with the a/c lines/accumulator.