Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Lexus IS300

I know I am indecisive and I can never make up my mind but I am going back to the car that I was going to buy before the GTO (I talked about it before I got banned from G6P), the Lexus IS300.

Now I know what you're all thinking (minus chaos), EW A JAP CAR!!

Well, yes, it is a Jap car, however, they are VERY reliable. Most of them get to around 250,XXX miles before major engine problems.

Anyway, I've been looking at them for over a year, on and off, and I finally decided that I am more than likely going to get one.

There is one little thing that I have been hiding from most of you and it is the fact that I am collecting parts for LS engines and I will be using them for an LS swap into the IS300. I'm not sure if I want to do an LS1 or LS3 swap yet (probably LS1) but that's a future thing, we'll see.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:( I don't know what goes on in my head... everything looks so good. Plus you'll love a LS1 IS300 :( then I can do this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByEtSzAntFo

IS300 + Supra 2JZ-GTE and six speed = BEAST

There's a local by me with a 2JZ-GTE swap....holy shit, it sounds sooooooooooooooo awesome. He's laying down 490HP to the rear wheels with only 8psi from a single turbo swap.

OM NOM NOM

The whole IS line-up is awesome even when they're stock. Good choice!

Thanks! :lol2:

so no more Buick?

Probably not... It's not completely out of the realm though...

For the ones that have been following marks "im looking for a car exploits" :

*My GTO

*Subaru

*Looking thru a book "Ooo wow I want on of those now."

*NO I want a suzuki kizashi

*Oooo what was that that drove by... see mark chasing to see. "I want that now"

*Never mind I want a chevy malibu now.

*How about a shopping cart?

*NO a bike!

*No a pogo stick! whew im tired that wont work! :lol2:

*No a giraffe. GF said NO :D

*Buick regal

*Maybe my buddy will sell me back my G6? nope he lol'ed at me. :lol2:

*now a Toyota with leather I think the package is "Im overpaying for a toyota with some funny L on it PK". ??? lol you know what would be cool if you also got the no brakes and gass stuck to the floor PK's too.lol

next week who knows what he'll pick?

Im sure there are some cars im forgetting. lol

ok this is how I see the IS300: everyone that has one thinks there driving a BMW or something higher end that it really is. The car is just so played out so many people have them and all think there the shit for having it. Im not saying its not a good looking car ect. I will also put aside thats a Toyota. The people that drive them are just such tools, wanabees or its not a high end toyota itssss a Lexus (nose it the air). IMO and in my experiences. Its just such an unoriginal choice over bla bla bla.

PS just so you know

its not beause its a foreign car either :lol2: I think the same thing about people that drive the chrysler 300.

but get what you want man....... if you ever figure that out. lol

ITS NOT A TOYOTA!!!! Lol I know it is. But keeping all this and mind, how can you possibly see me as a tool? Come on... Everyone here knows me. I can't be that way! I do what I want, within limits...

I dont think your a tool (a wako yes) it was more of my thoughts on the car. lol

• Founders

For the ones that have been following marks "im looking for a car exploits" :

*My GTO

*Subaru

*Looking thru a book "Ooo wow I want on of those now."

*NO I want a suzuki kizashi

*Oooo what was that that drove by... see mark chasing to see. "I want that now"

*Never mind I want a chevy malibu now.

*How about a shopping cart?

*NO a bike!

*No a pogo stick! whew im tired that wont work! :(

*No a giraffe. GF said NO :(

*Buick regal

*Maybe my buddy will sell me back my G6? nope he lol'ed at me. :(

*now a Toyota with leather I think the package is "Im overpaying for a toyota with some funny L on it PK". ??? lol you know what would be cool if you also got the no brakes and gass stuck to the floor PK's too.lol

next week who knows what he'll pick?

Im sure there are some cars im forgetting. lol

:rofl:

Mark, you should get the giraffe!!!! Nina will grow to like it :rofl:

but I have to agree with Joe on the luxury car thing. My office location is in the "high-class" part of town and I have to deal with these luxury snobs driving around daily. They're on their phones and don't think of any other drives. They'll be in the left lane and within 100 ft of the intersection decide they want to go right and cut off 3 lanes of traffic. It's gotten down right ridiculous.

that list is funny. and no matter what you get Mark, i get to drive it. you said i can, member? and race you. :rofl:

The older IS has fallen into more tuner's hands, the second gen IS is what you're thinking of, and is far less aftermarket friendly.

Considering the 2JZ-GE motor is pretty much bullet-proof and will run for eons, that's my main draw to it, add in that it's still a sedan, RWD and five speeds are available, it's a very attractive buy, and with stupid amounts of aftermarket support it leaves the average Pontiac in the dust as far as modification possibilities go.

I personally don't give a rat's ass what image a car has been brought upon. I'd rock it, make it my own, and give 'em the finger if they don't like it.

' date='Dec 4 2010, 03:35 PM' post='43152']

The older IS has fallen into more tuner's hands, the second gen IS is what you're thinking of, and is far less aftermarket friendly.

Considering the 2JZ-GE motor is pretty much bullet-proof and will run for eons, that's my main draw to it, add in that it's still a sedan, RWD and five speeds are available, it's a very attractive buy, and with stupid amounts of aftermarket support it leaves the average Pontiac in the dust as far as modification possibilities go.

I personally don't give a rat's ass what image a car has been brought upon. I'd rock it, make it my own, and give 'em the finger if they don't like it.

This.

BTW, my buddy from work just told me he's going to talk to his wife and the bank to see if he can buy my GTO. :lol2: IS300 coming up... lol