Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Progression of a Car

Got everything finished up today.

List of parts bought.

DSC02815.jpg

Parts

DSC02816.jpg

Old pump out.

DSC02809.jpg

DSC02812.jpg

DSC02813.jpg

DSC02814.jpg

New new in.

DSC02817.jpg

DSC02820.jpg

Tried to polish up my valve cover a little.

DSC02823.jpg

All finished.

DSC02824.jpg

After doing more reading i think my cam seals may be leaking as well... i dunno.

I'll swap this one when it blows up.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So after tearing it down *again*. Well only some of it. I reset the timing belt tension. No more supercharger sound.

I have a leak on my upper rad hose. Right at the cap for the thermostat.

I'll deal with that later.

Fixed my coolant leak. Just had to tighten up the clamp a bit more. Had to put all 120lbs of my weight behind it.

I tell ya what, this car is just amazing. Nothing like i have ever driven before. Don't get me wrong, with all the mods i put into the grand am, it is good. But not like the miata.

The only comparision i can make is that when you were a little kid and drove the fast go-karts. That is what this feels like to me. It don't have all the balls in the world, torque wise you might as well forget it. The grand am wins in that category. But all around fun is just amazing.

Still kinda granny shifting, and gettin the feel for driving a 5 speed. It's a bit different than dirt bikes and quads.

I was making a tight turn-a-round in a parking lot was doing about 20 in 2nd and just tapped the gas and the ass end swung around into a nice drift. No power steering + LSD with and 50/50 ratio is fun times.

DSC02839.jpg

DSC02842.jpg

DSC02845.jpg

DSC02847.jpg

DSCF0355.jpg

DSCF0360.jpg

DSCF0371z.jpg

DSCF0373z.jpg

DSC02841.jpg

I cut the wheel to the right thinking the good side is the driver side like on the grand am. But it's not, the passenger side is more better.

• 3 weeks later...

This was one of the things that NEEDED to be done. I had no sound in the right speaker, and the radio was complete trash.

DSC02986.jpg

DSC02987.jpg

DSC02989.jpg

DSC02990.jpg

DSC02992.jpg

I know it needs to be vacuumed out. And i know some people might have opinions on the products used, but i wasn't spending a fortune on a stereo system for Miata.