Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Josh's G6 2009 2.4L

Sorry guys I agreed on full confidentiality until the end, when the whole thing goes public. Needless to say I was directly involved with the incident, and in part it was my actions that lead to these events.

On a much lighter note, the rear coilovers are installed. I still need to adjust them though. they are way to low and way to soft. I'll get pictures up in a bit.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

Sorry guys I agreed on full confidentiality until the end, when the whole thing goes public. Needless to say I was directly involved with the incident, and in part it was my actions that lead to these events.

On a much lighter note, the rear coilovers are installed. I still need to adjust them though. they are way to low and way to soft. I'll get pictures up in a bit.

Figured you would want to keep it under wraps...

Coils look good, how much did they lower it? and how much you looking to adjust to?

I have no idea the drop. I can barely fit two fingers in there at an angle. I'm not sure where I want to set it. I'm thinking only a mild drop. Maybe 1-2" drop in the end.

Thanks guys. We (John and I) did the fronts today. We also raised the back a bit, and added more spring tension. I think I just need to tweak it a bit more, but its plenty drivable. Earliest I can get pics will be Saturday. I tested it tonight. ("Test" involved a turbo Saab and a turbo 240.) Sadly I won't have to car tomorrow.

And for a non-car related update. I had to once again answer some questions. Most of which I had to honestly admit I did not know or recall the answer to. I was also told off of the record that the issue was a minor concern and it was implied I may get a slap on the wrist. I'm guessing no criminal action will be investigated then. Oh well, all I can do is not worry and move on with my life.

OK here are the pictures. I think I am happy with the height, now I just need to adjust the springs. The rear is way to bouncy.

PICT1254.jpg

PICT1255.jpg

PICT1256.jpg

yea the back looks way too low.

not low enough i says. :( how low can you make it?

That's perfect, it's not too low, but it pretty much eliminated all of the wheel gap.

And damn, I LOVE the GM five spoke steelies. I might go out of my way to find a set for next winter. :(

I'd paint the steelies for a glossy, clean look.

The back looks way lower than the front IMO.

it looks cuz it either is or its made like that. the front usually have a bigger wheel well fender cut out thing due to wheel turning.

Thanks guys. I've been considering raising the back a smidge. I don't know how low the fronts can go but I had the back so low I couldn't get two fingers in there at an angle. Does it look as though the rear tire is to far forward to anyone else?

...Does it look as though the rear tire is to far forward to anyone else?

jus how it is when it gets lower.

Minor update. I got the front dampeners set where I want them. Now I just need t get around to doing the rears, but its snowing here. I also got my radar detector hardwired to the fuse box. The grounding kit is sitting in my back seat ATM, and the pulleys will take two more weeks to make. Also I should have the rims by the middle of April.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok here are the photos with the alignment.

PICT1257.jpg

PICT1258.jpg

PICT1259.jpg

^^ Those tails are tinted. The running lights are on.

PICT1260.jpg

Overall I am very happy with this mod. The handling is insane.