Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ghost's Progression

I'm just not a fan of flat black so skip it :D

:rofl: not a fan in most cases.

Like I said I think the 6 will end up looking like a car with primer on it.

sorry man I know you like this mod but hell its not my car so if you like it then do it. I think thou youll get alot of so when you finishing your car comments from people. Kinda like we did to Pontiacgt201. :(

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rofl: not a fan in most cases.

Like I said I think the 6 will end up looking like a car with primer on it...

oh ok. and may sorta look like it, but isnt.

Ok I just got an idea, it just dawned on me that I saw a color foil matte blue 2011 custom Camaro. This would be the one and only matte color I would put on your 6. Its almost the same color as the color you always type in on the forum. I also think this would more that work on the car. You would not have the issue of it looking like primer too. But if you did this you would need black rims IMO.

now this is bad ass!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124234

done end all worries this will work!!!! lock up the thread I win!!!!!

your welcome :rofl:

ps

F spell check

Just kinda scanned over the last few pages of this thread and thought i would throw my 2 cents in just for a little bit of info on flat black

i dont know if you are aware but im the one that painted crimsons rims on his goat and they are pretty much flat black.

the thought that it will cost less for flat black paint is a myth. you basically have 3 options...

rattlecan - cheap but i wld highly suggest not doing this. your overlap will suck because rattlecans dont have a fan pattern ( and the little attechments for rattlecans that say they give it a fan pattern and have a little trigger on them dont work just so ya know ha) and i will almost gurantee the car will turn out "striped"

flattened single stage paint - these are what they used on cars up until the 70s. there is no clear coat just a high gloss color coat. the main complaint about single stage paint is that they fade over a short amount of time and become dull which wouldnt be an issue if your going flat black. they are almost always enamel based so theyre durable but are succeptible to sun cracking after several years. single stage paints are relatively cheap. you could probably buy paint to do the whole car for around 200 bucks as it requires no clearcoat

flattened base/clear - this will be exactly the same as a base/clear system but the clearcoat will be flattened using a flattening agent. the base is applied like normal and then flattener is applied to the clear and applied like normal. the downfall to this would be the price as it would cost as much as any base/clear paint job but would be the way to go if you want a permanent paint job.

if this paint job is temporary and you REALLY want to do it i would suggest the flattened single stage. i cant stress enough how much you should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER rattlecan a car because if you ever wanted to paint it again you would have to strip the spray paint off or the new paint wouldnt stick for shit! not to mention your car will look like a pile of dogg poo fartin down the road!

I hope this helps man!

Ok I just got an idea...

it looks good. but not something i would do. the only flat color i would do is black. everything thing else would be glossy. and thanks for the info nix.

i know Jedi is curious to know how it would look.

so...

here......

it.........

is.........................

P0504100000-flat3.jpg

I think matte white is my favourite of the matte colour family. I know lots of cars that can pull off matte colours, but to be honest I'm not sure if a G6 could, in my opinion.

• Founders

i think it can do flat black. and thats it.

Honestly its up to you, if you think you can do it go for it man. I'll be here waiting to say I told you so :P

:O RLY Owl: jk

ok..so u asked for my opinion and here it is..

if you want to do the flat black which you obviously do, without a doubt, go with the vinyl wrap. they are relatively easy to apply and i have a friend who vinyl wrapped the roof of his gto who could come down to help if you would like. you can wash, wax, and claybar the vinyl wrap. also, say for example you got in a fender bender, do you want to be the guy that says to the body shop, just bust out the rattlecan? no you dont. if anything happens, the worst possible outcome is that they spray ur car glossy factory black again and then we go ahead and wrap it again. Also, with the economic downturn, if anything bad happens to ur financial situation, you will want to know that you can still sell it if you need to. No one (and i repeat NO ONE) in their right mind would want to buy a rattlecanned G6. All that would do is point out to the possible buyer that the car is molested and would dramatically decrease the sell-able price or even make the car impossible to sell. I say, 100% that what you need to do is vinyl wrap it. Just make sure u use the weather proof and wax-proof stuff so that you dont waste your money.

Thats my 2 cents.

In my honest opinion I don't think the 6 can pull off any colors other than stock UNLESS it has a bodykit... Hear me out before you guys bust my ballz... I'm not saying this just because I have it...I don't know how to explain this with out hurting anyones feelings... So here goes... It's just that 6 looks too bland in stock form to be able to sport an unusual color... Kinda like say a stock Honda Civic wouldn't be able to pull off a matte black because like Joe says it's gonna essentially look like it's primered, but if said Civic had a body kit with aggressive looks it could pull off mostly any unusual color like let's just say booger green for example.

I know you have your heart set on this so if you do decide to do this I would make sure I have the funds to re-paint it I wasn't happy with the outcome.

you and Mark agree on it being possible with the body kit. and im still kinda on the idea but maybe vinyl and never thought of doing any car on rattle can. ill keep thinking about it tho. and i have other things that would go before the G6 (if it had to go, which it never will). but if i do it and it does pull it off...are you all going to bow down? jus wondering. :P:O RLY Owl:

so, first step of the project i started this week is done. the second step will begin next week cuz ill be in Tahoe for the weekend. and after its done i hope to start a second section of LED conversion.

there will be pics. but till its done. i dont really like to post pics of the current state as im going.

• Founders

there will be pics. but till its done. i dont really like to post pics of the current state as im going.

I think Ghost was sick on the day they taught Pic Whoring of your car in car forum school :indian:

i have like 300 more pics of the car but since they are of a stock car, there was no point in all those pics. you guys jus need patience.

• 3 weeks later...

hell ya! ok update (no pics, so WAIT! but listen) so i have finished the first step on the small project that i started last week or two weeks, cant remember. next is to trim and sand. nao the other project. its the big project that i have been wanting to do. this first step is done! which was to get one. :blink: and steps two and three are done as well. #3 was to work on it. next step is to sand it. so this week ill finish the little one and on the weekend back to the main project. :cheers::lol2:

• 1 month later...

anyone know what tools i can use to trim/cut fiberglass?

• Founders

anyone know what tools i can use to trim/cut fiberglass?

Fudge, had the name of the saw but forgot it. Either way make sure to use a mask bud :D

...Either way make sure to use a mask bud :D

definitely! oh, and its small and medium size objects to trim. so small tools.