Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ghost's Progression

ok, im getting my exhuast in a week :lol2: but im only getting a single outlet because he doesnt cut bumpers

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Founders

no the coupes are under the door armrest facing the floor.

Oh its just coupes? I thought like sometime in '06 they changed it to upper? hmmm... Any other 06 or later sedans want to verify? lol

Oh, Ghost, let me know if you need any help with the Gauge CLuster. I've already pulled mine apart and I know the little secrets around it.

A guy also taught me how to fix the little motors of the needles drop dead instead of having to purchase whole new ones.

really? pic?

The door skins are completely diff & IMO better. We have a cloth or leather insert in the door skin were you have nothing. The insert in the doors is a much higher quality touch. Also I love coupe doors that dont have the bar around the windows. A much cleaner slicker door to look at and live with. All the issues (window indexing memory) when you disconnect the battery or loose power be damned!

SSPX2213.jpg

SSPX2214.jpg

SSPX2215.jpg

score another win for the coupe people! ;):huh:

^^^

I agree with him! :D

me 2 :lol2:

• Founders

The door skins are completely diff & IMO better. We have a cloth or leather insert in the door skin were you have nothing. The insert in the doors is a much higher quality touch. Also I love coupe doors that dont have the bar around the windows. A much cleaner slicker door to look at and live with. All the issues (window indexing memory) when you disconnect the battery or loose power be damned!

SSPX2213.jpg

SSPX2214.jpg

SSPX2215.jpg

score another win for the coupe people! ;)B)

^^^

I agree with him! :indian:

me 2 :dancingpontiac:

:agreed:

I haz leather and fake wood grain. I love it!!

The window indexing is a cool feature but a pain in the winter sometimes. Window frozen and the windows wont go down so you cant open the door. (also you cant pull hard when this happens.)

• Founders

The window indexing is a cool feature but a pain in the winter sometimes. Window frozen and the windows wont go down so you cant open the door. (also you cant pull hard when this happens.)

Luckily I haven't had to deal with this lol. My biggest gripe so far is having to re-index them after the battery install as well as it has had a small wear on my tint with it going up and down so much. Overall not that big of deal. As long as it never breaks, I'm more than happy to have it on my car :dancingpontiac:

do all coupes have that little bend that leads to the little pocket area almost a 90*? or is it due to the many speakers? and good to know Mark. thanks. that will be my last stage of the conversion cuz i dont feel quite ready to mess up the cluster.

• 1 month later...

in the course of my cars lifetime, it has been revived three times. yesterday was the latest one and was brought back to life. sadly the G6 didnt make it this morning. so this evening a new battery was transplanted it now lives! ill try to work on the mods more quickly to post them up, like the secret mod, and the LED conversion and a new idea i got. :dancingpontiac:

NO!!! you will see it when you see it. :) oh and thanks for the clear corners and turnsignals. i got them this morning from USPS. thanks Phenom! :dancingpontiac::lol2:

NO!!! you will see it when you see it. :P oh and thanks for the clear corners and turnsignals. i got them this morning from USPS. thanks Phenom! :D;)

So, I'll never see them since you're never at a meet? Lol

No problem! Hope they work out for ya! ;)

So, I'll never see them since you're never at a meet? Lol

No problem! Hope they work out for ya! ;)

:D there have only been two meets, been to one. and someone knows my secret mod and he better not tell. and to make you happy Mark, youll be the first to see this secret mod.

:D there have only been two meets, been to one. and someone knows my secret mod and he better not tell. and to make you happy Mark, youll be the first to see this secret mod.

actually there have been 3 but it's ok... ;)

Sweet, by the way I know who knows but he's keeping his mouth shut.

• 2 months later...

latest update on the car: i gots me a lil pink paper from the DMV two days ago. well, thats it for now. :cheers:

custom plates? lost your licence? or a ticket? lol

;):angry:

custom plates arent pink papers. neither are tickets...or are they? :rofl:

Finished paying off the 6 so you got the pink slip? Nice!

jes, ju are correct sir. ;) its officially mine, not the banks.