Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Ghost's Progression

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forgot about you guys. i didnt have time to take pics in the morning yesterday and i forgot to when i had the chance. lets hope for today. and i like teasing you guys and making you wait.

heres a lil something for you all, STB and intake. and i had finished this for saturday that jus passed to show off, all clean, polished and waxed.

P0504100001.jpg?t=1270514582

P0504100002.jpg?t=1270514584

P0504100003.jpg?t=1270515034

P0504100005.jpg?t=1270515055

P0504100000.jpg?t=1270515399

washed on friday, so a bit dusty. but you can still see a reflection.

P0504100006.jpg?t=1270515151

P0504100004.jpg?t=1270515162

great pics/chops and the car is looooken gooooood! :(

what, no :bowdown: ? :P jk. thanks guys. and ill take the Audi as a compliment.

great pics/chops and the car is looooken gooooood! :cheers:

did you see the 5th pic? i wish i can have it like that. and thanks.

• Founders
' date='Apr 6 2010, 09:39 AM' post='20037']

Looks good. But why did you keep the stock airbox at the end? For the IAT sensor?

The 2.4L will throw a code if you take off the air box because of the sensor. Then it will cause it either to run lean or mean, forget which, overall causing you more problems then what the intake is worth. A huge problem several people have tried to get over but keep failing. Just the more reason to do a bigger engine drop :lol2: .... and tranny beef... suspension beef... etc... :P

The 2.4L will throw a code if you take off the air box because of the sensor. Then it will cause it either to run lean or mean, forget which, overall causing you more problems then what the intake is worth. A huge problem several people have tried to get over but keep failing. Just the more reason to do a bigger engine drop :lol2: .... and tranny beef... suspension beef... etc... :P

There's gotta be a way to tune out that sensor.

thanks guys. and what wheels did you have in mind Captain Fox? jus one thing, i hate all those tuner style rims.

dont mind him Ghosty the car is looking good. :agreed:

i know Jedi. and those look...ok. second one looks a bit better. i went with the ones i have cuz almost every 6 was going with skinny spoke tuner style rims. but i am thinking of getting some new rims, some lighter-wish they were 19s- 18" rims. but not now. they are skinny spokes but i feel that they would be good.

Those are lightweight, and come in 18". They have chunkier looking spokes, but they get awfully heavy. Those are simple, and still cut down on the rolling mass on the brakes and suspension.

That'll mean less wear and tear on the brakes and suspension, and even a small bump in MPG's.

When it comes to wheels, I've always favored a clean, simple look. No matter how many spokes there are. Before I painted my ROH's, it looked almost factory. They flowed so well with the GA's body lines. While I like the black look, I might find another set, and try the bronze look with black.

Not to mention, with those wheels, you can finally show off those nice D/S rotors you have.

i was looking for the ones i like and saw another. if its thin spokes, it can be like these. looks like they are lighter than mine.

8999.gif

but something thats not in the luxury section, these are the ones i like. only if the spokes were a tad wider and the chrome center kinda kills it for me since its an all black rim. but no 19" rims, only 18".

8996.gif

someone is gonna say, "i was gonna get those".

i like them too. but thats all they have for that design. no 19s, no lip like the first one.

18"s > 19"s

Cheaper tires, lighter, much easier to find tires too. You'll still have a meaty sidewall with 18"s, so you won't lose ride quality.

I've seen prices on tires for 19" wheels. $$$

i jus dont want too much side wall. but we will let time pass and see what happens. i have an idea in the works for a custom exterior mod. so hopefully that works out so i can have it. :lol2:

Extra sidewall, think of it as more protection on the lip of the rims. Especially if you hit a pothole, or park near curbs.

Exterior mod? Do tell sir. Something like a front lip? Or more involved?

well, how much of a difference is it on an 18" to 19"? and the "extra protection" is kinda the reason i want lighter smaller and less wider rims...so i can drive the car like i used to. and the exterior mod...well its going to be a G6 first and the one and only, if it works out of course. and thats all ill say. ill let every one ponder and wonder and be :lol2: while trying to figure it out. :lol2: