Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

8 lug wheels

I am just starting to think about this, but would like your input. I would like to learn the good, the bad and the ugly about changing over to 8 lug nut wheels on my 66 Catalina. It probably won't be this year, but I would like to do this unless you teach me better.  I have seen the adapters and wheels converted to normal drums, but I am pretty green here. I am open to suggestions and learning.

• Like 1

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

27 minutes ago, Ted Feight said:

I am just starting to think about this, but would like your input. I would like to learn the good, the bad and the ugly about changing over to 8 lug nut wheels on my 66 Catalina. It probably won't be this year, but I would like to do this unless you teach me better.  I have seen the adapters and wheels converted to normal drums, but I am pretty green here. I am open to suggestions and learning.

hi Ted, keep an eye on my 64 rebuild thread, shortly i will be pulling my 8 luggers off for refurbishment and i will be taking lots of pictures of the set up... i personally think they are super neat and with their trim on look flash as !:)

• Like 2

64 kiwi boni

Thank you! I will try and do that.  I am still not great at getting around on this website, but learning.

We just moved and I am setting up the lower garage, called the bunker, for working on the toys.  It should be pretty cool and allow me to keep up.

God bless!

Ted

• Like 2

64 kiwi boni

Thank you! I will try and do that.  I am still not great at getting around on this website, but learning.

We just moved and I am setting up the lower garage, called the bunker, for working on the toys.  It should be pretty cool and allow me to keep up.

God bless!

Ted

• Like 1

Frosty,

It is good to hear from you! I have ben wondering how you were doing.

I would love to have you give your friend my information. I have read a few articles and some counter dick each other. 

Also, we made the move and are up on Rainbow Lake now.  I have 2 3 car garages and the lower garage is like a bunker.  The only thing not cement is the doors. It is taking some time to get it set up, but you should come up and see it.  I hope to start working on the Catalina in late February of early March.  I have had all the parts since last year, but with the move all I got done was a new interior in the 67 vette and fixing a very small tear on the drivers seat on the Catalina. I think you would like the place and if you come back in the summer we can go for a boat ride, or jet skis if you perfer.

Thank you for getting back with me!

God bless!

Ted Feight
517 803-9260

• Like 2

• 8 months later...
On 1/18/2021 at 10:24 AM, Frosty said:

Ted, a member of my POCI chapter, Jim Larson, is a bit of an 8-lug expert. He has a '64 Grand Prix. He's written a few articles about it. He lives in Waterford, MI. I can give you his contact information if you are interested.

frosty, i know this is a old thread but could i have jims details ? i am preparing to do the refurbishment of my 8 lug drums and i need some ideas on what paint and clear coat to buy that will take the heat yet protect the shine of the polished blades !

3 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

frosty, i know this is a old thread but could i have jims details ? i am preparing to do the refurbishment of my 8 lug drums and i need some ideas on what paint and clear coat to buy that will take the heat yet protect the shine of the polished blades !

Jim Larson is here on FP and you can PM him.  I nominated his car is in this months POTM and he is in round 2 of the calander voting as well. He has a hard time with the site.

https://foreverpontiac.com/profile/4156-jim-larson/

7 hours ago, JUSTA6 said:

Jim Larson is here on FP and you can PM him.  I nominated his car is in this months POTM and he is in round 2 of the calander voting as well. He has a hard time with the site.

https://foreverpontiac.com/profile/4156-jim-larson/

thank you mate :cheers:

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 6:21 PM, Ted Feight said:

Frosty,

It is good to hear from you! I have ben wondering how you were doing.

I would love to have you give your friend my information. I have read a few articles and some counter dick each other. 

Also, we made the move and are up on Rainbow Lake now.  I have 2 3 car garages and the lower garage is like a bunker.  The only thing not cement is the doors. It is taking some time to get it set up, but you should come up and see it.  I hope to start working on the Catalina in late February of early March.  I have had all the parts since last year, but with the move all I got done was a new interior in the 67 vette and fixing a very small tear on the drivers seat on the Catalina. I think you would like the place and if you come back in the summer we can go for a boat ride, or jet skis if you perfer.

Thank you for getting back with me!

God bless!

Ted Feightheatl
517 803-9260

Ted -- good to hear from you. I was in South Carolina last week on vacation. So you moved well away from Lansing past St John's huh? I'd be happy to share whatever information you. I have a new garage myself, I called in the Garage Majal. There is a separate thread on it out here, pictures and all. I'd love to see the place once we get over these doggone health restrictions.