Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Salt Water Softener

We moved into a new home in the country in September. Life out here is a little different than the city.

Thus my questions: Should I worry about washing my cars with water softener salt water? The water is currently to salty tasting.

Thank you in advance!

God bless!

Ted Feight

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

2 hours ago, Ted Feight said:

Thank you Justa6.

I was worried about rust?

God bless!

Ted Feight

Not enough to worry about.  When washing at home, I like to blow out the bottom of windshield and rear windows with air compressor as these spots hold water.  I try NOT to get water on door windows, as it ends up in the door bottoms.  But that's JUSTA me.

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 2

Thank you again!

That is a good idea.  I have to wash the engine on the Catalina and will use the air pressure on that.

Good bless!

Ted

Ted - some other ideas are from the Griot's Garage catalog

A portable mineral de-ionizer $300 - it connects to your garden hose

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/portable+water+deionizer.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&page=2&from=fn

An Airstream Drying gun - $110

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/airstream+drying+gun.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

Or an 8-HP air blower at $450 - a little pricey for my book

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/8+horsepower+air+blower.do?sortby=ourPicks&from=fn

• Like 2

• Founders
9 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Both these seem a little pricey for what they are but suppose from them it's probably quality.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

Both these seem a little pricey for what they are but suppose from them it's probably quality.

I would spring for the de-ionizer if I thought my water was hard enough. Ditto the hand gun if I didn't own an air compressor already.

13 minutes ago, JUSTA6 said:

Not otta my pocket.....Leaf blower for the win!   If you don't have an air nozzle for your compressor, they are less than $5

Gas or electric? I would think electric would be the only one you would want to use in this scneario JUSTA avoid any sort of gas contamination off of your clean ride - especially avoid a two-stroke leaf blower (which I also own).

Again - I wanted to give Ted some options, nothing more.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I would spring for the de-ionizer if I thought my water was hard enough. Ditto the hand gun if I didn't own an air compressor already.

Gas or electric? I would think electric would be the only one you would want to use in this scneario JUSTA avoid any sort of gas contamination off of your clean ride - especially avoid a two-stroke leaf blower (which I also own).

Again - I wanted to give Ted some options, nothing more.

:rofl: YES I am that cheap.  I've used my electric leaf blower to get Maple seeds N leaves from cracks N crevaces in ALL my cars and boat. 

• Haha 1

These all seem like great ideas.

I have always used my leaf blower, professional grade.

Great to hear from you all.

God bless!

Ted

1 hour ago, Ted Feight said:

These all seem like great ideas.

I have always used my leaf blower, professional grade.

Great to hear from you all.

God bless!

Ted

Ted could ya help the Pontiac Museum in Pontiac Mich with a couple votes over the next week?  Would sure be nice to win the grant $$.   Thankz 

Justa schroll back to top of page.

Edited by JUSTA6
  • Like 1