Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

1965 Pontiacs

Would like to get a ranking of 1965 Pontiacs from top of line to basic models. There are so many models that all have the same body style,  Grand Prix, Bonneville, 2+2, GTO etc...I just want to know which is the most luxurious model. Is GTO more sportier than (more musle) Gran Prix?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Thank you very much. Sounds like the Bonneville was top of the line for luxury and the GTO  for muscle. Still cant decide what I want more: luxury or speed. Also, I do live in Canada so it may be easier for me to find a Parisienne. Thank you again for your helping me find my ultimate dream car

• Like 1

Happy to help.

if you are looking for luxury and muscle I might look for a Catalina 2+2 with a 421. You could get them with a 4-speed or in a Convertible too.

If you are in Canada then you definitely have an easier time finding a Parisienne, Laurentian, or a Strato Chief. So a big block Chevy in one of these cars would certainly add some muscle.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 11/15/2020 at 8:49 AM, Terry winchur said:

Thank you very much. Sounds like the Bonneville was top of the line for luxury and the GTO  for muscle. Still cant decide what I want more: luxury or speed. Also, I do live in Canada so it may be easier for me to find a Parisienne. Thank you again for your helping me find my ultimate dream car

Terry,

I won claim any expertise on this topic, but I am a hard core fan of Pontiacs, & have owned a ‘66 Catalina convertible for 45 years. 

There are some substantial mechanical differences in the ‘60’s models of US built & Canadian built Pontiacs. The only specific case of this “difference” I have seen has been in the ‘66 model years. The US built Catalina came with a standard 389 c.I.d. engine, and was on the “Wide Track” suspension system which had a noticeably wider stance between the wheels , while the Canadian built equivalent of the Catalina came  with, I’m told, a 280+ c.I.d. engine of Chevrolet origin, and do not have the greater width between tires as found on their US built counterparts. 

im not sure how much further, if at all, these differences might go, or how important these distinctions might be in your purchase of a mid ‘60’s collectible, but I wish you good luck in your search.