Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

pics by the water

Had sort of impromptu meet and photo shoot today. My buddy Matt from another forum came down from Georgia yesterday to get some work done on his car. He recently picked up one of the rare magnacharger kits for his Grand Am and the guy that did the install messed up some stuff that needed fixing. Also they installed 36# GTP injectors and he needed the PCM tuned for them.

After a bit of work and some swearing :lol2: we got things in decent shape. Not perfect but much more drivable. David who lives by me came over to hang out while we were working on it, and this morning we went down to the causeway to get some pics next to the bay. Enjoy! :slap:

http://community.webshots.com/album/579063735RaMdyF

2647151510052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

2652209270052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

2433017390052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

2233396590052938416S600x600Q85.jpg

PS: we are thinking of organizing a southeast region/Florida meet sometime in the spring. I was thinking it would be cool if some of the other members in the area wanted to come and we made it a Pontiac meet rather than just a grand am meet. Let me know if anyone's interested.

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Huzzah! Ya finally got the Magnacharger on Matt's GA, sweet. Cars look good, guys.

On a serious note: it's because of seeing your GAs, I want to keep mine, and a reminder of just how cool this particular, unloved Pontiac can be. Kudos.

Had sort of impromptu meet and photo shoot today. My buddy Matt from another forum came down from Georgia yesterday to get some work done on his car. He recently picked up one of the rare magnacharger kits for his Grand Am and the guy that did the install messed up some stuff that needed fixing. Also they installed 36# GTP injectors and he needed the PCM tuned for them.

You didn't read? They were working on it to get it running...

im guessing its in but its having issues running stably.

hehe, yeah... I didn't get any pics of the charger, but it's the same kit as mine. Just minus some of the modifications I've made to my setup.

But yeah, he had someone else do the install up in Georgia that someone recommended to him. Guy did a hack job. Lot of the vacuum lines and coolant lines weren't hooked up properly or routed properly, and a few weren't hooked up at all. Plus some holes weren't plugged causing un-metered air to be pulled in. And they swapped in the injectors first and drove down with the fuel trim maxed out on -29. lol

We took care of a lot of that stuff, and Matt is taking care of the rest right now. Coolant flush to take care of some nasty dirty coolant. Changing out a "homemade" ported MAF with a damaged screen for his original one. Stuff like that. He was only running 89 octane too and we were getting a lot of knock, so I made a list of stuff to fix. I wanna see that thing running strong! :rofl: