Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New traffic light design?

[ChaosweaveR]

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont get sad. but thats how it starts, one comment of something, then someone else then its no longer related to the topic.

• Founders

:pop_corn::D

Anywho, they should test this out on college campuses...

lol I wouldn't nominate my college campus, 90% of the kids don't understand the current model ;)

People sit at green lights for minutes on end...

• Founders

And they are in school? Dear God, our future looks grim...

Yea... Lets just say my current college has a drug/drinking/stupid problem, more on the stupid problem.

Maybe these lights are just too smart for the people :willy_nilly:

It's true. The CURRENT lights are. We've already had at least one person I know of get hit on campus AT A STOP SIGN. Seriously. I don't know wtf people are doing when they're behind the wheel.

wait just a second here.... yellow does not mean get ready .. get ready to go on green. .. clearly this is based on if lights worked like this

RED

YELLOW

GREEN

clearly .. and why am i the one that noticed this...

our light systems and world wide i figure as well

go like this

GREEN

YELLOW

RED

or

RED

GREEN

YELLOW

yellow never means get ready to go..lol unless your on the track

yellow means get ready to stop! or gun it befor you get T-BONED

Problem:

Snow will stick... and being LED's they won't generate enough heat to melt it off!!! The regular lights with LED's here tend to get a little blocked when the wind howls...

It's too complex... people here have a hard time grasping the concept of "stop on red"... (not to mention the 3 SECOND red light delay which makes everyone think they can get away with it)

A simple 10 second Countdown timer attached beside the green light or pedestrian signal (love those countdown ones) would suffice!

Problem:

Snow will stick... and being LED's they won't generate enough heat to melt it off!!! The regular lights with LED's here tend to get a little blocked when the wind howls...

It's too complex... people here have a hard time grasping the concept of "stop on red"... (not to mention the 3 SECOND red light delay which makes everyone think they can get away with it)

A simple 10 second Countdown timer attached beside the green light or pedestrian signal (love those countdown ones) would suffice!

I've seen the timers in downtown areas of some large cities, they are pretty cool :lol2:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Founders

yeah this looks like a good idea:

uni_signal2.jpg

This would work but I'd move the shapes around. Triangle be green, since it resembles an arrow kinda which means continue or go. Then the circle or why not just make it an octagon can be red since stop signs are octagons and red. Then the circle can be yellow, I don't really have a reason for this but it seems to be one that doesn't associate with the others.