Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

New traffic light design?

[ChaosweaveR]

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we have timers on the stop lights in Gettysburg. There made for people wanting to use the cross walks. it tells them how long till the light will turn red. for me they tell ya how fast you need to go. hahaha

• Founders

we have timers on the stop lights in Gettysburg. There made for people wanting to use the cross walks. it tells them how long till the light will turn red. for me they tell ya how fast you need to go. hahaha

lol same here

Hmm, I think stop lights work okay the way they are. I mean, no idea is ever fool proof, and changing this stuff so dramatically on people would cause lots of ruckus I would imagine. Enough accidents already happen at intersections lol.

I think the design is sweet, honestly, but one of the comments on the website brought up a good point: what about color blind people?

there shouldnt be a problem its not like they changed the colors haha

true, but now all the colors would be within one shape. at least on the design now, you can tell a person the red is on top and green on the bottom and they will know it when it lights up, even if they are color blind.

Hmmm, I like it, but I think it should be incorporated into the lights already, have it as a side by side model, that way you know what color is showing regardless of vision, and you have an idea of time, and wouldn't need to worry about glare ;)

Well, I think that the lights should stay the same but all new cars should come with a preinstalled device that connects to the traffic lights via bluetooth and a heads-up display will read out on your windshield with the hourglass so you will always know how much time is left on the light.

Lol.

Well, I think that the lights should stay the same but all new cars should come with a preinstalled device that connects to the traffic lights via bluetooth and a heads-up display will read out on your windshield with the hourglass so you will always know how much time is left on the light.

Lol.

That might be distracting though :D

• Founders

Lol.

Blutooth wouldn't be the best way to go, although there is no interference on it, the current setup is too independent and we would either have to have some way to be connected to all traffic lights at once or we would have to individually connect to each individual one. The best way would to put some sort of WIFI in cars and have data streaming to the car dependent on GPS connection to show where you are :woot: or in that matter just do it over a GPS signal because the data that those can carry is pretty good.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...Wifi built into a car's system? Fuuuuuuuuucccccck that noise. Jimmy, you of all people should know how easily hackable a wifi signal can be. Especially with the way new cars are becoming, the idea of a hack being able to tap into my car's systems, hell no.

• Founders
' date='Nov 21 2010, 01:38 PM' post='41505']

Whoa, whoa, whoa...Wifi built into a car's system? Fuuuuuuuuucccccck that noise. Jimmy, you of all people should know how easily hackable a wifi signal can be. Especially with the way new cars are becoming, the idea of a hack being able to tap into my car's systems, hell no.

WIFI isn't bad, security has come along way and I don't think any worth while in the car would be put on WIFI. The Onstar system on cars can be hackable as well and that controls more of the car aka you can actually shut down a car with that.

Sorry, I already don't like the fact that new cars can be shut down with a push of a button, and WiFi would just be asking for problems... I mean it would be neat, and all, but it'd still be a pain. Just do like I said, leave it as an independent system, and place them beside each corresponding light... I've already seen countdown timers done this way, why not this design?

What's so bad about push button starts? The systems have a failsafe built into them where you can't turn them off while in motion (slapping into neutral is always a better option in panic/emergency anyway)

Personally, I like the push button start. It's actually a bit more child proof than turning a key, since you need to hold the brake to engage the engine.

As for the traffic light design, while innovative, I'd like to see them experiment in low traffic areas to see how the everyday driver handles them.

' date='Nov 22 2010, 12:21 AM' post='41547']

What's so bad about push button starts? The systems have a failsafe built into them where you can't turn them off while in motion (slapping into neutral is always a better option in panic/emergency anyway)

Personally, I like the push button start. It's actually a bit more child proof than turning a key, since you need to hold the brake to engage the engine.

As for the traffic light design, while innovative, I'd like to see them experiment in low traffic areas to see how the everyday driver handles them.

:lol2: I said a shut down at the push of a button, nothing to do with push button starting :D