Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

50 Shot on a LE5?

So what do you guys think of doing a 50 shot on my G6? I can by a kit for $300. It doesn't have all the parts I would want, but I can add them later.

The main rule I see on the web is 20HP per cylinder or 50% of stock power, so I should be good on that front. IIRC my transmission is rated for 250HP so I should be good on that front as well.

The install manuals are decent and it looks like I can handle it. Worst case I have a friend that can do it for a small fee.

So what do you guys think?

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

:P youll blow the engine or tranny IMO the tranny will be the first to go. The g6 just isent made for nitros.

id do it. that trans is strong as balls. a 50 shot is nothing as the car stock has what? 160hp? 50 shot is pretty conservative and nitrous done right is completely safe. id rock the shit out of it if I had a base 4cyl g6 due to lack of mods and that's INSTANT hp

^^ Agreed!

i ran a 75 shot on a stock LL0 1.9 (SATURN) motor for MONTHS and no problems.

Just make sure it is a WET Kit and you are using two heat ranges colder spark plugs and a Window Switch to ensure that you will only be shooting between optium RPMs.

You should be ok

Drive with your brain not your cock.

^^ Agreed!

i ran a 75 shot on a stock LL0 1.9 (SATURN) motor for MONTHS and no problems.

Just make sure it is a WET Kit and you are using two heat ranges colder spark plugs and a Window Switch to ensure that you will only be shooting between optium RPMs.

You should be ok

Drive with your brain not your cock.

perfectly put

• Founders

Only thing I'm gonna say is that if you have any doubts in your mind about maybe screwing this up then think twice about it. If you're sure of how to set it up and run it safely then go for it.

Only thing I'm gonna say is that if you have any doubts in your mind about maybe screwing this up then think twice about it. If you're sure of how to set it up and run it safely then go for it.

:rofl:

* FP is not responsible for any damages or injuries before, during or after installation, before, during or after the driving experience which may lead you to experience flying or floating motion while parked. thank you and have a nice day, vote for me.

* FP is not responsible for any damages or injuries before, during or after installation, before, during or after the driving experience which may lead you to experience flying or floating motion while parked. thank you and have a nice day, vote for me.

:rofl::lurking::cheers::woot:

Yep stock is about 160HP. General rule would say 80 is good, but this would be a dd so I don't really want to push it. A 50 shot would put me around 210HP which still leaves a decent gap before where the tranny is rated.

http://www.holley.com/07005NOS.asp

^^That's the kit in question.

It does not have the window switch, but that shouldn't be a huge issue. I just have to be sure to not arm until 3K.

The kit would be a starting place. Looking at the site the kit can be upgraded. If I decide I like the spray then I can add more pieces to the kit. If not then I can sell it off.

I've been reading the manufacturers' install guides and I'm reading threads on the nitrous forums. ATM I'm not entirely sure. In a few months when I am ready to pull the trigger I will be sure.

It does not have the window switch, but that shouldn't be a huge issue. I just have to be sure to not arm until 3K.

Just buy an MSD window switch.

You dont also have to worry about when to hit the gas but when to cut it off at redline. If you let the juice in when the spark is so advanced or the cycle is SO fast you may still expierence predetination, pre-det is when you go BOOM in a bad way

i wouldnt use spray if someone give it to me, to me if i wanted a big power gain like that, i'd just boost it, makes more sense in the long run, and you can make more power with a big ol turbo than some silly bottle in your trunk, thats my 2cents

i wouldnt use spray if someone give it to me, to me if i wanted a big power gain like that, i'd just boost it, makes more sense in the long run, and you can make more power with a big ol turbo than some silly bottle in your trunk, thats my 2cents

that is a 100% different ball game. and its not like you will have to not spray once you have boost either.

spray=small burts of massive power that is very cost effective.

boost=complete alteration of vehicle that has a very high cost but is much more stable and operates each and every time the car is started.

i know that, but even if installed right, spray can harm the engine over time, i just find a nice small turbo set up, even though more exspensive, seems like a better route to me, im not saying dont go spray, but ive seen some people who have added n2o and ended up replacing their engines because of it, but if spray is what he wants then give'r

I've looked at FI. One guy almost did it. It only cost 8K and he never finished. The issue is I can do this for a fraction of the cost with the same results. With the left over change I can probably refill the bottle at least 100 times. Plus when I go to sell the car I'm not selling some T/C'ed car that no one's ever heard of. I can take the kit off easily enough and sell them separately.

I've looked at FI. One guy almost did it. It only cost 8K and he never finished. The issue is I can do this for a fraction of the cost with the same results. With the left over change I can probably refill the bottle at least 100 times. Plus when I go to sell the car I'm not selling some T/C'ed car that no one's ever heard of. I can take the kit off easily enough and sell them separately.

I agree with you on FI, tried it, waste of time, really not feasible with the G6, but trust me friend, avoid NOS at all cost unless you can afford the replacement parts. It's rather unpredictable, and you really shouldn't spray unless you have a modified intake and forged internals...