Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

onetrick56's 1964 Grand Prix

2020 September
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

Just a suggestion for your garage/ shop!!  2017 I had a fire here & had 2 small ext. on the wall but they weren't enough & lost the shop + 2 cars & car trailer + all contents !!! Devastating to say the least, + 2 broken ribs when I slipped on ice running back for hose. 51 Torpedo back & Cutlass rag top totaled but well covered by insurance. New shop built and have " 2 " LARGE extinguishers !!!~!~ Losing the Pontiac broke my heart, 6 years of blood sweat in that car, ran strong [ 400 hp+] 5 speed Tremic all on shortened 86 Monty chassis. Cutlass hurt too but Pontiac more so!!

IMG_0065.JPG

IMG_1118.JPG

IMG_1334.JPG

• Sad 2

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

• Founders

Sad to hear (read) and see there! Definitely good advice that we can all learn from here. I have a garage extinguisher but it's not a large one. Definitely going to buy one after seeing this. 

• Like 1

I remember that day. I was in shock and disbeleif when Pete sent me these photos.  It broke my heart when I learned the Pontiac and Olds were total losses. I wrote about it at the time.

What size extingushers do you have today Pete?

I know tehnically you can use the Molson in the fridge as a fire retardent too. :rofl:

Of course that would be alcohol abuse.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

I've got a 10lb ABC [compared to the 2 lb ones] + a 10 or 15 gallon chrome refillable one out of a High school [ don't ask] for wood fire etc. fill it ,hit it with air hose to pressurize  it. Will shoot a good 20 ft. for at least 4 minutes or so!!!  That would have put out the work bench flames no problem as power had popped fuses when fridge or stereo shorted out after fire started!!!

• Like 1