Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

2 Pontiac station wagon barn finds!

My brother in law is helping his family clean out grandpas shed. There are several vehicles from Shwinn bikes to motorhomes and everything in between. The list goes 07 Jeep Cherokee, 87 Astro van, 88 Supra, 49 ford F4 dually,  motorhome, 1961 Mallard Camper which was towed by a 1959 Pontiac Catalina Safari station wagon (they put a boat on the roof of the wagon and a dirt bike on the back of the camper), and a 1966 Pontiac Catalina station wagon. Below are the two wagons. My neighbor is likely buys the wagons and camper that went with the one. But he has to help get them all out too. Quite the collection he had lots of stuff everywhere.

65764.jpeg

65765.jpeg

65767.jpeg

65766.jpeg

65770.jpeg

65787.jpeg

65784.jpeg

65786.jpeg

65785.jpeg

65783.jpeg

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

Very cool. I would be interested to see you pop up the hoods to see what motors you have. I'm guessing a 389 in each car.

If my buddy gets them their patina will stay as is and they will be back up and running in no time.  They found all the titles today so now just have to arrange a meet up for him to look them over.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wagons buyer has been flaky so they are going to post the wagons for sale. If any of you are interested let me know they are in central MN still in the barn.

Anyone else what do you think is a good price for these wagons in their condition. $4000, $6000, $1million dollars.

• Founders
15 minutes ago, cowboydanny said:

Wagons buyer has been flaky so they are going to post the wagons for sale. If any of you are interested let me know they are in central MN still in the barn.

Anyone else what do you think is a good price for these wagons in their condition. $4000, $6000, $1million dollars.

Please post in the Classifieds section if you are looking to sell these :) . Thanks!

https://foreverpontiac.com/classifieds/

6 hours ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

hmm. is it the same car? not sure Last indian 😏

No! My mistake, looks just like it, and it is from Minnesota too! What are the odds? Still it’s a good comparison for price since it appears in similar condition.

• Like 1

yes it did mate!! i had to really look hard to find it was different, missing head lights, different paint wear patches, 

am looking forward to some better pictures, my wife is banging on about getting a wagon:stars:

And gee if we did not have this bloody covid 19 bs, we would be on a plane and check it out... even a road trip back to ca to my mates shipping firm, would be cool too:cheers:

if its a driver🙄

On 9/5/2020 at 10:23 AM, Last Indian said:

No! My mistake, looks just like it, and it is from Minnesota too! What are the odds? Still it’s a good comparison for price since it appears in similar condition.

That one is not a safari though, not sure how much that adds in value.

So as of right now they are asking $4000 for the 66 Catalina Wagon

And $6000 for the 59 Catalina Safari wagon. 

And $1500 for the 61 mallard camper that they used to tow with the 59.

Rumor has it both cars only have about 20,000 miles on the engines that are in them. 

I believe that I am going out there this weekend to look them over and get better photos.

Dan

On 9/5/2020 at 11:31 PM, 64 kiwi boni said:

yes it did mate!! i had to really look hard to find it was different, missing head lights, different paint wear patches, 

am looking forward to some better pictures, my wife is banging on about getting a wagon:stars:

And gee if we did not have this bloody covid 19 bs, we would be on a plane and check it out... even a road trip back to ca to my mates shipping firm, would be cool too:cheers:

if its a driver🙄

There are three other 59s I've found in original condition none are Safaris,  one for 3950 in much worse shape, for for 3000 with no hood of drivetrain, and one for 5950 with no glass in worse shape. But again no Safaris just the basic Catalina wagons. 

Grandpa took good care of his stuff but it's been sitting for 20+ years. I would think a plastic gas can in the truck roadkill style, a new battery and a little monkey wrenching and it would run easy. 

And yes they have the titles signed and ready to go.

There is a machined flat area on the front of the block below the passenger side head ( possibly under some dirt and grime) that should have 2 letters stamped into it.  That 2 letter code will help identify the engine.  I’m sure the engine codes are available online.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...