Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

What's Your Favorite Pontiac Ad

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

4 minutes ago, Ringo64 said:

This is mine as it is really the last Pontiac ad I remember on television. I remember being excited seeing it on TV, hoping this Holden would help revive Pontiac excitement and the brand.

Ha! That's a good one. I like the guys name on the bottom of the car. I had high hopes for the G6, G8 and Solstice. They were on the right track I think. Maybe if we can get that witch Mary Barra ousted from GM, Pontiac might have a chance at coming back. They should bring back the Firebird first.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Frosty said:

This is my favorite Pontiac music video - since it is nearly three minutes long. It was the basis for many a Pontiac commercial in much shorter length.

Of course Jim Wangers called the Judge commercial the original music video .....All Rise for the Judge 

Good call on "Ride, Pontiac Ride"!. That's a very close 2nd for me. Love the scene with the 80s girl getting pulled over by the cop in her Fiero GT.

The Paul Revere & The Raiders song is fantastic. One of my favorites as well.

Good choices!

• Like 1

The Humbler - this commercial lasted only 30 days before it was pulled by GM executives. The commericial is also the reason the "Tiger Button" VOE option was cancelled. This commercial was filmed on Woodward Avenue too. Sadly the restraraunt no longer exists today and a strip mail now stands in its place.

This ad had several GM no-nos in it. First of all, the kid is clearly looking for an illegal street race. Second, there are several GM sister division cars clearly seen in the commercial, hence competing against itself (Chevelles, Corvettes, and Camaros are clearly seen). 

I read recently that this actual '70 GTO used in the commercial was recently found. I am curious to know what sort of shape it is in.

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Frosty said:

I read recently that this actual '70 GTO used in the commercial was recently found. I am curious to know what sort of shape it is in.

That's probably my 3rd favorite ad, it's so cool. I read the same thing about the car being found. IIRC, it was in good shape. It's a different color, but as they're tearing the car down, they've found evidence of the VOE installation. It's in the process of being restored to it's original condition. I want to say I read it in Smoke Signals, but it may have been somewhere else.

• Like 1

This GTO commercial caused quite a co-motion in the automotive world. It seems no one outside GM beleived the whole crowbar routine. Pontiac responded by telling thier competitors to go buy a GTO and crowbar and test it for themselves. So Pontiac made a second crowbar commerical with guys in white coats taking turns hitting it.

The other story behind this commercial is the spokesman. He did several Pontiac commercials, including the '67 GTO The Great One. You will notice that at the beginning, he hits the passenger side three times and the middle and driver side only twice. He's suppose to hit all three areas three times. At the end, he sounds slightly winded. It's because he is. Sadly this man was a chain smoker and he had emphysema - he died 18 months after this commericial was filmed.

• Like 1

The first minute of this next video is the only Pontiac commercial. It was a major coup for Pontiac. It stars Frank Sinatra - at the hieght of his fame. Both as himself and as the valet.

Ford, Chrysler, and even GM's sister divisions were left scratching their heads. How on earth could Pontiac afford Frank? He was one of the top elite A-list celebrities at the time.

The answer lay in John DeLorean. By now John had been promoted to head of Chevrolet. John was still quite the jetsetter. The story goes that John was al party with Frank in California. Frank badly need some new Chevy big block engines for his yacht. John offered him the engines for the commercial spot.. Frank agreed. The rest is history.

Edited by Frosty

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

This is my favorite Pontiac music video - since it is nearly three minutes long. It was the basis for many a Pontiac commercial in much shorter length.

Of course Jim Wangers called the Judge commercial the original music video .....All Rise for the Judge 

Nailed it buddy.....Get on your Pontiac N ride!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ringo64 said:

This is mine as it is really the last Pontiac ad I remember on television. I remember being excited seeing it on TV, hoping this Holden would help revive Pontiac excitement and the brand.

Yip, it was looking good till Gm knee capped Holden ! and now they are all gone

• Founders
15 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

Yip, it was looking good till Gm knee capped Holden ! and now they are all gone

GM headshotted Pontiac long before that :lol: 

too big i guess 

Edited by SPRINT 6
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Pontiac 4 Life said:

That's probably my 3rd favorite ad, it's so cool. I read the same thing about the car being found. IIRC, it was in good shape. It's a different color, but as they're tearing the car down, they've found evidence of the VOE installation. It's in the process of being restored to it's original condition. I want to say I read it in Smoke Signals, but it may have been somewhere else.

Follow up regarding The Humbler. I did read it in Smoke Signals, November 2019 to be exact. An article title, "The First 1970 GTO". I also misspoke. There is lots of evidence this car is the actual Humbler, but it has not been positively identified. It's a very interesting article. If you're a POCI member, you can read it online in the archives.

• Like 2

I am an active POCI member. I probably have the magazine and I either read it or missed. Thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

I remember watching My Three Sons in the mid 60's. There were episodes were Robbie was driving a GTO convertible. Was not a commercial, but Pontiac was definitely advertising the cars. I'm sure the episodes are on YouTube, I didn't have time to watch them and show a video. Must have been around 1965.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SPRINT 6 said:

too big i guess 

Just sad Sprint 6, cars are loosing their personality.... chrome, curves, horse power, sound, feel, all gone😥

and you wonder why the classic car parts business are doing so well, who the hell would want a new car when you can drive and repair an old school cool car !....

or am i just old now🙄

Edited by 64 kiwi boni

Unable to post the video on YouTube, but the commercial for the 1967 GTO convertible is among my many favorites. The spokesperson refers to it as “The Ultimate Driving Machine”, a catchphrase BMW used many years later.

In fact, at one point during the DeLorean years at Pontiac, BMW stated that they wanted to be the “Pontiac” of Europe.

Here you go 31pontiac.....you notice that Pontiac was the Ultimate Driving Machine long before BMW scoped up that slogan?

2 hours ago, Pontiac 4 Life said:

Here's another favorite of mine. Pontiac really had their advertising dialed in. Totally 80s!

JUSTA didn't you work with this lady?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pontiac 4 Life said:

Here's another favorite of mine. Pontiac really had their advertising dialed in. Totally 80s!

The girl in the vid was taken off the line in plant 8 right here in Pontiac Mich.  I have her poster with the TA in the garage.

• Like 2

This first segment for the GT-37 is a problem. Let me know what you think it is.

Here is the second 1968 crowbar GTO commercial

Edited by Frosty

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Here you go 31pontiac.....you notice that Pontiac was the Ultimate Driving Machine long before BMW scoped up that slogan?

JUSTA didn't you work with this lady?

Answered before making it down to your post.  I was working in plant #9 engine.