Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

onetrick56's 1964 Grand Prix

2020 September
of the Month

• Welcome!

Welcome to Forever Pontiac, where we keep the memory of Pontiac alive with great discussion, maintenance tips, restoration/modification progression "blogs" and help from professional & DIY mechanics. Also, wonderful competitions that occur regularly. Please register for an absolutely free account to join in!

circuit boad

Question

Hey guys just wondering if there is anothe place besides OPGI to find a circuit board..Ordered one in early July and still on back order.Had one on e-bay but won't work for my 69 Bonneville 

Thanks Terry

12 answers to this question

I feel your pain. I'm still waiting on a new vent window frame for my 63' GP so I can finish up the interior. I'm not sure what circuit board your looking for bro. But you can check with Ames Performance they specialize in Pontiacs. If your ok with used parts you could also give Frank Pontiac Parts a call. Their out in California. Good folks and they have a lot of old poncho stuff. Good luck bro.

Ames performance:  Amesperf.com

Franks phone number is: (760) 361- 3242

Email: sales@frankspontiacparts.com  

Edited by Wrongway

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

I hear a lot of good things about Franks Pontiac Parts. Just remember, it is still a used part. Still I hear they are quick.

https://www.frankspontiacparts.com/

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

Hey guys yea do some bussiness with Franks they are really good .Got my interior panels from him then had them painted need to get pics to show you.But would rather have new electronic stuff.I have them ordered but the back log is taking for ever not holding me from driving just the interior lights and fuel gage.Finally got a sending unit and had it rebuilt so looks like either it isn't getting power or the gage is bad..

I found one on e-bay and says standard and not for extra gages and not sure what they mean

On 7/24/2020 at 9:07 AM, TerryH said:

I found one on e-bay and says standard and not for extra gages and not sure what they mean

It may mean for a basic dash with a speedometer and fuel gage and idiot lights only with no oil pressure, ammeter, clock, or water temp gages. Does your car have those extra gages? You can ask questions of the seller.

• Like 1

Hey frosty yes I needed the basic dash the one with gages will not fit..But here is the question now I have the dash out and new one being installed plus the insturment panel is out and replacing the circuit board .I had the fuel gage restored also but no wondering the fuel gage run off the board or does a wire go to it also.We found a brown wire hooked to it and wondering if someone tried to jump wire it .I did notice on the board there was a burn mark where it was bad and now think maybe that wire burned the boad.

Thanks Terry

Terry - sorry for the delay. I just say your post.

The wire from the factory temperature sender is routed through the large cluster wiring connector to the circuit board. So unless someone in the past has tampered with the gage, it should work I suspect the added wire is to replace a bad/faulty ground wire.

• Like 1

Thanks Frosty would that also go for the fuel gage? new board and rebuilt fuel gage and still not working there is a brown/tanish wire that we didn't hook up and wondering if that could be it.Pic coming looks like a new interior.Got everything else working even have the heater working now,,,,

• Like 1

It could. Pictures will help me evaluate the your situation for sure. Do you have a factory shop manul for your car? I find these invaluable - especially for the schematics.

• Like 1

yes have the assembly manual will have to check.. here are some pic's of the new dash

door panel 2.jpg

DSC00140.JPG

dash.jpeg

DSC00145.JPG

DSC00147.JPG

• Like 1

The interior looks to be in nice shape.

• Like 1