Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

Jack Leslie's 1957 Sedan Delivery

2024 April
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

You know, I've spent a LOT of time researching parts for that GP. I'm gonna end up old & crusty and a source of all things Pontiac. It wasn't supposed to end like this: all I wanted was something to tinker with in my 'spare time,' you know, the time I USED TO HAVE that was spare!

I'm gonna be as painful as a reformed smoker-Pontiac this and Pontiac that, blah blah blah...

Mind you, it has been immensely interesting and being a long time car tragic, it's not going away.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fitzy said:

You know, I've spent a LOT of time researching parts for that GP. I'm gonna end up old & crusty and a source of all things Pontiac. It wasn't supposed to end like this: all I wanted was something to tinker with in my 'spare time,' you know, the time I USED TO HAVE that was spare!

I'm gonna be as painful as a reformed smoker-Pontiac this and Pontiac that, blah blah blah...

Mind you, it has been immensely interesting and being a long time car tragic, it's not going away.

Your forgot one thing....the spare money you USE to have too.

Cars are insidous that way., but by gawd we love 'em.

Edited by Frosty
  • Haha 2

Since I’m married, I agree with your rationale Fitzy. I also justify my toys against the gobs of money my wife spends on her hobby, scrapbooking! We are talking about a seemingly endless parade of Amazon, Creative Memories, and other boxes to supply scrapbook albums, custom paper, page protectors, tape, dies, stamps, ink, scissors, ribbon, card, card stock, blah, blah, blah. 

Lets just say I get one box for about every 10-50 she gets. Mind you, she has slowed down since we had a basement flood a little while ago. We are still trying to line up contractors to fix things. We had to clear out her scrapbook room in the flood. We ended up renting three 10’ x 10’ storage units to house most of it. Paper is heavy!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Since I’m married, I agree with your rationale Fitzy. I also justify my toys against the gobs of money my wife spends on her hobby, scrapbooking! We are talking about a seemingly endless parade of Amazon, Creative Memories, and other boxes to supply scrapbook albums, custom paper, page protectors, tape, dies, stamps, ink, scissors, ribbon, card, card stock, blah, blah, blah. 

Lets just say I get one box for about every 10-50 she gets. Mind you, she has slowed down since we had a basement flood a little while ago. We are still trying to line up contractors to fix things. We had to clear out her scrapbook room in the flood. We ended up renting three 10’ x 10’ storage units to house most of it. Paper is heavy!

My wife could easily top that.  Whole room, floor to ceiling.  NOT the craft room....it's the CRAP room.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

Ok, I have seen everything you guys are saying with the guys I know! And I’ve said this before! Man I am one lucky bastard! 48 years of marriage and I can honestly say she has never done any of that! Me on the other hand, not so much so! She hates, I mean hates clutter and dirt! She saves very little that’s not going to be used. She makes a home that anyone could walk into anytime and never find it but perfect, not bragging, this is her not me!

True story! 20 years ago she see’s an add for one room free carpet cleaning. She tells me about it and I say if you want to call them go head. The day they are supposed to come at 1:00, I come home from work at 4:00. I pull in the drive there’s a car, not a van, in the driveway! This can’t be good! I walk in, it’s two guys from Kirby vacuum! They’re trying to sell my wife a Kirby, and of course it can shampoo carpet! Now I’m sorry but you can’t sell my wife anything, she is the ultimate skeptic! She is as sweet as they come, but anything but gullible! They’ve been there an hour, obviously late! Now they’re going to demonstrate how dirty the carpet is! This was hilarious! Where the bag would go he puts a white filter cloth and starts to vacuum! He stops takes the filter cloth off! No change, no dirty, no nothing! Now he goes to the couch, same thing! He turns to me and says, you are a very lucky man! At which I said, I know!

So when she complains to me from time to time, but honestly not very often, I just think, I’m a lucky man! And try to be a little less me the car guy!

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Last Indian said:

Ok, I have seen everything you guys are saying with the guys I know! And I’ve said this before! Man I am one lucky bastard! 48 years of marriage and I can honestly say she has never done any of that! Me on the other hand, not so much so! She hates, I mean hates clutter and dirt! She saves very little that’s not going to be used. She makes a home that anyone could walk into anytime and never find it but perfect, not bragging, this is her not me!

True story! 20 years ago she see’s an add for one room free carpet cleaning. She tells me about it and I say if you want to call them go head. The day they are supposed to come at 1:00, I come home from work at 4:00. I pull in the drive there’s a car, not a van, in the driveway! This can’t be good! I walk in, it’s two guys from Kirby vacuum! They’re trying to sell my wife a Kirby, and of course it can shampoo carpet! Now I’m sorry but you can’t sell my wife anything, she is the ultimate skeptic! She is as sweet as they come, but anything but gullible! They’ve been there an hour, obviously late! Now they’re going to demonstrate how dirty the carpet is! This was hilarious! Where the bag would go he puts a white filter cloth and starts to vacuum! He stops takes the filter cloth off! No change, no dirty, no nothing! Now he goes to the couch, same thing! He turns to me and says, you are a very lucky man! At which I said, I know!

So when she complains to me from time to time, but honestly not very often, I just think, I’m a lucky man! And try to be a little less me the car guy!

Last indian, you my friend have a 1 in a million lady mate 👍

My wife is just like JustA wife 😄 Hahaha, and i dont mind that one bit :cheers:

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, 64 kiwi boni said:

My wife is just like JustA wife 😄 Hahaha, and i dont mind that one bit :cheers:

Not a thing wrong with that mate! :cheers: All of them are one in a million if you love them! I was JustA saying I can’t complain and I’m lucky for that! She’s kind of use to it because of her dad! He was a famous WWII pilot and post war, race pilot! So she use to get dragged around to racing events and fly-ins and such. So the only think is she really has no desire for car shows or such, but that’s ok as I was never big on car shows either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Last Indian said:

Not a thing wrong with that mate! :cheers: All of them are one in a million if you love them! I was JustA saying I can’t complain and I’m lucky for that! She’s kind of use to it because of her dad! He was a famous WWII pilot and post war, race pilot! So she use to get dragged around to racing events and fly-ins and such. So the only think is she really has no desire for car shows or such, but that’s ok as I was never big on car shows either.

Yes under stand about the car show seen, i used to be a judge.

am over that part of life 👍

• Like 1

Goodness me, what a response. 

Frosty's storage sheds full of, what was it, scrapbooking??? THREE sheds? And Last Indian's Kirby vac story - hilarious!

I'll add that my missus also keeps our hillbilly shed absolutely spotless, despite me trudging detritus through the ahem, living room en route to the Pontiac room. It's not all one way though - I defend the place by keeping the bears & wolves at bay, so I'm worth having around, right? I said RIGHT, honey?

I keep waiting for Ringo to intervene and make us stay on topic, which was apparently my GP. I'll post something once I get home and actually physically see the car again - it's been a while now. Actually, here's a new topic. I want to somehow lock the external hood latch lever as some attempt to stop someone hot wiring the car. If anyone has successfully and neatly done such a thing, let me know, will you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Goodness me, what a response. 

Frosty's storage sheds full of, what was it, scrapbooking??? THREE sheds? And Last Indian's Kirby vac story - hilarious!

I'll add that my missus also keeps our hillbilly shed absolutely spotless, despite me trudging detritus through the ahem, living room en route to the Pontiac room. It's not all one way though - I defend the place by keeping the bears & wolves at bay, so I'm worth having around, right? I said RIGHT, honey?

I keep waiting for Ringo to intervene and make us stay on topic, which was apparently my GP. I'll post something once I get home and actually physically see the car again - it's been a while now. Actually, here's a new topic. I want to somehow lock the external hood latch lever as some attempt to stop someone hot wiring the car. If anyone has successfully and neatly done such a thing, let me know, will you?

Well, that becomes a little difficult as basically on the old cars you can lay on your back reach up and pop the hood! No latch lever required! 
That said there are a couple things you can do! First take the coil wire going to the distributor run it into the cabin of the car. Take it to like the glove box! When I did mine on my Camaros I actually built a hidden compartment that you accessed through the glove box. I ran the wire to a toggle switch in the hidden compartment. The other side of the switch I ran back to the distributor. With the switch off even if they try to hot wire it won’t work. The other, but I don’t know if your Grand Prix has a nutral safety switch? But if it does you break one side of the switch and run it to a momentary switch! Without the momentary engaged while starting the car, it won’t start.

Edited by Last Indian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Last Indian - nice simple elegant solutions. I shall dive into my engine bay with wire & pliers and see what irreversible damage I can do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wanna hear something funny? I thought "wow, I'm having a great time on Forever Pontiac, let's try an additional forum." So, I joined another and it was so benign and vanilla, much like sitting in a doctor's waiting room. I have since given up and shall stick with the gaggle of online like minded chaps here. I have transgressed and beg forgiveness, never to stray again.

Edited by Fitzy
Better prose
  • Haha 2