Forums Gone... but not forgotten!
Pontiac of the Month

FBIRD69's 1969 Firebird

2024 March
of the Month

• Rev up your passion for Pontiacs and join our vibrant community of enthusiasts!

Whether you're a die-hard fan of classic muscle cars or you've got a soft spot for sleek modern models, you've found your home here at Forever Pontiac. Our community is dedicated to celebrating everything Pontiac, from the iconic GTO to the legendary Firebird and everything in between.

Unlock access to expert advice, stunning photo galleries, engaging discussions, exclusive events, and more!

Start your Pontiac journey with us today!

Fitzy's GP is back!

Tired of these Ads? Register Today!

6 hours ago, Fitzy said:

TV is so bad these days I rarely turn it on. Between Dr Phil, Judge Judy and all that reality crap I feel insulted if my eyeballs are polluted by any of that stuff for even a second. Then they cram it full of ads to encourage you to do an Elvis and shoot the screen! Never mind, I'm having a 'car weekend' where I shall continue to assemble the Poncho and everything will be better again...with bleeding knuckles, sore back, sore wrists, broken spirit...

AHHHHH nothing like blood to show your having fun:rofl::dancingpontiac:

• Haha 2

Look it up, Wrongway. It's also known as the Goliath or the Australian tarantula. I speak of first hand experience. Not being fond of spiders in the first place, one day I started up my ride on mower which used to be parked in one of our sheds down in the rainforest, backed it out, got off it to close the shed and was about to jump back on when some movement caught my eye. Next thing, this enormous tarantula saunters up over the steering wheel out of the engine bay - this is the steering wheel I had been holding onto 30 seconds prior. I am running around gibbering with fear and shouting out (to nobody, coz only I was present) "LOOK AT THE SIZE OF IT!!!" It eventually made it's way off into the surroundings. I rode that mower up to the house, hosed it down then used a leaf blower to ensure that it's mate wasn't in there somewhere. The mower now lives in the carport and I check it EVERY TIME before I sit on it. Anyway, after I'd calmed down I looked it up and yep, right here in my backyard is the Australian tarantula. Just friggin' marvellous. Dinosaurs, spiders...off topic, hello?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yeah, I looked the up! Thats Justa crazy bro. Yall can keep those things. :cheers: Here's to never finding one in your Grand Prix! (<- back to topic lol)

Edited by Wrongway
  • Haha 1

Awesome backyard Fitzy, from an American perspective for sure.

Okay I'll get us back on topic.....guess what got mailed today?!?!?!

IMG_5956A.thumb.png.7610be8cdf3ca2cc088e411332d9367e.png

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 1

oh look who is in for another christmas pressy👍 hidden in a amazon box:)

JustA glad we dont have the snakes and crocks and spiders you have Fitzy!!! especially being a plumber who regularly climbs under houses 🙄

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Haha 2

ah fitzy, it happen to all of us mate!:cheers:

you may have read that last weekend i managed to sand, blast and prep 2 of the same side inner fenders!!!

i was in a rush and didnt pay attention :rofl: f wit !!!!!! ( kicked my self in the arse) 

the cool thing about it is we learn as we go, and thats half the fun... the lacquer thing... i would have done the same as you... unknowing that the f-cker would curl up ! ... 

any way its beer -o clock here too... sunday and its work tomorrow:picard:

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

fitzy, the headers look great mate:cheers: and i know what you mean, i stuck a whole bunch of my old car stuff on Last Indians thread, then thought to myself! oh my god what have i done!!!! ( dumb arse moment)

i certainly dont mind you adding content to the 64 thread..... the only reason i have a thread is for anyone into the future who is to wanting to build/ fix a sexy old 64 bonnie to have some kinda inside to getting it done and the loop holes along the way...

i am a guy who enjoys building cars and working out all the ins and outs along the way.

any body can buy a cool car, not so many understand whats really in that car.:cheers:

cheers buddy:cheers:

30 minutes ago, Fitzy said:

I'm home for 3 weeks, so should be able to achieve something of interest. Anyway, I reckon the headers turned out nice.

hay , i need to ask 

hows the covid thing going where you are?

they keep banging on about a Australia -new zealand bubble thing

Edited by 64 kiwi boni
  • Like 2

Yeah, there's the occasional 'cluster' but they pounce on it straight away, so for all intents & purposes, it's more or less under control. My missus wants to go to NZ for a visit, so of course I'll be expected to tag along. I asked her where Taupo is, so we might catch up for a brewskie one day.

• Like 2

Thanks fella, let's see what happens. Oh, and thanks for divulging how you hijacked Last Indian's thread. I didn't even realise I was doing it to you until it was too late.

Never mind, nobody died. I don't know about NZ but I can't get a fencer, concretor, doctor nor car upholsterer. The dude I wanted to do the headlining & seats sez he is flat out for 4 months. I am highly reluctant, but could I really do the headlining myself? I mean, as you know once we get older, 4 months isn't what it used to be. I'll blink and 4 months will have zoomed past. I'll think about it...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hold the bus! Don't bother looking at any other threads - the only place you need to be right now is HERE.

Check it out: The Frosty Memorial Tach arrived today. Just like Gollum, I snatched it out of the mailman's hands and scampered away on all fours screaming "MY precious, mine, all mine!" Fortunately, I was wearing some clothing and not the remains of a filthy loincloth - the loincloth only comes out on Loincloth Friday. In addition to that glorious looking tach (honestly, it's a good thing grown men don't cry) he kindly included some extras: a tiger tail (animal lovers stay calm - it's a fake) to apparently hang out of the trunk when I show the car off. Tiger In Your Tail, and all that. A couple of baseball caps: one from Sellers Michigan and one from the Pontiac Transportation Museum - how thoughtful, a Pontiac pin (note to self, must buy decent shirt) and a beautiful handmade Indian head crafted from stainless steel by Last Indian himself.

Excuse me, there's something in my eye (sniff!)

Man, to Frosty & Last Indian, and to all of you who kindly comment on my various undertakings whilst bumbling about with my car, thank you very much. You can be assured that all those goodies will be cherished and I will proudly strut about wearing all my Pontiac paraphernalia when I eventually get out there and show some Australians what a proper car should look like. Frosty also advised that I should have a beer, get the ol' girl put back together and then drive it like I stole it. I obey!

20210315_125436.thumb.jpg.d8639c195e2d3fb08831215e02dd58ad.jpg20210315_125520.thumb.jpg.bbef8c17829e103b58d78e1b0828d32f.jpg20210315_125545.thumb.jpg.ad67f9d22ed22b55914721122c6b4334.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh man! that is sooo cool:drool: your a lucky bugger👍

Isn't it soo cool to have a story behind your build... parts from super cool Pontiac Guys, and i bet your a super proud man right now👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Boy you gotta love chrome aye!!!!:drool:

i am not sure if i have a vacuum gauge mate, the 64 doesn't have a center consul, i will have a look tomorrow what i do have in the big 3 on the dash 

that Tach looks soo neat:cheers:

8 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Hold the bus! Don't bother looking at any other threads - the only place you need to be right now is HERE.

Check it out: The Frosty Memorial Tach arrived today. Just like Gollum, I snatched it out of the mailman's hands and scampered away on all fours screaming "MY precious, mine, all mine!" Fortunately, I was wearing some clothing and not the remains of a filthy loincloth - the loincloth only comes out on Loincloth Friday. In addition to that glorious looking tach (honestly, it's a good thing grown men don't cry) he kindly included some extras: a tiger tail (animal lovers stay calm - it's a fake) to apparently hang out of the trunk when I show the car off. Tiger In Your Tail, and all that. A couple of baseball caps: one from Sellers Michigan and one from the Pontiac Transportation Museum - how thoughtful, a Pontiac pin (note to self, must buy decent shirt) and a beautiful handmade Indian head crafted from stainless steel by Last Indian himself.

Excuse me, there's something in my eye (sniff!)

Man, to Frosty & Last Indian, and to all of you who kindly comment on my various undertakings whilst bumbling about with my car, thank you very much. You can be assured that all those goodies will be cherished and I will proudly strut about wearing all my Pontiac paraphernalia when I eventually get out there and show some Australians what a proper car should look like. Frosty also advised that I should have a beer, get the ol' girl put back together and then drive it like I stole it. I obey!

20210315_125436.thumb.jpg.d8639c195e2d3fb08831215e02dd58ad.jpg20210315_125520.thumb.jpg.bbef8c17829e103b58d78e1b0828d32f.jpg20210315_125545.thumb.jpg.ad67f9d22ed22b55914721122c6b4334.jpg

5 hours ago, Fitzy said:

Damn straight, Kiwi. I'm struttin' around the Ponderosa like Mick Jagger right now. I transferred the tach into my vacuum guage pod which means I can use the correct internal mountings. Honest Frosty's Secondhand Tachos doesn't supply the correct mountings!

Here's a shot of the tach on the console. For you, or anyone else wanting to replicate what I've done, the vacuum guage pod and it's internal mountings are a direct interchange with this model tach, so if you come across one with a trashed pod, you can be confident of using your existing pod.

Now, who wants a vacuum guage so as to see how bad their car sucks???

Actually, there's a thought. I'm not sure if your Bonnie even has a vac guage as standard fitment, but if you want mine (complete with chrome pod) you could fit a tach face into it, even an aftermarket similar style one might suffice. There was an original 60s Pontiac one on eBay and was NOS but was exxy.

I also love how you can set your own redline. Goodbye pistons!

20210315_140900.thumb.jpg.27da806a9dab30a034f533324f801a7d.jpg

So does this mean you actually LIKE the Frosty Memorial Tach? LOL!!!:pontiac:

Firtzy - I'm delighted to see the package finally arrived down under safely!!! Whew! It certainly took it's sweet time getting there! :driving:

Bob Sellers Buick-GMC it home to our third SE Michigan Tri-Power Pontiac-Buick-GMC car show of the year - in September. They are a former Pontiac dealer. They are a great supporter of the Pontiac brand and Pontiac enthusiasts.

The PTM hat is rarity - especially since the PTM is not even open to the public yet! COVID-19 has really delayed the rennovations to the building and their opening plans.

The work of Last Indian - you just can't dispute it. It is phenomenal! He is a mad genius. This is the kind of thing he does in his spare time!

As for the mountings, I am not sure what car the tach came out of, a B-body like yours or an early GTO. I found it at swap meeting in Carlisle PA. So it may well be the mounting for a GTO. Regardless it is definitely the thing you needed, and we are all happy about that!!!

Edited by Frosty
  • Like 2